FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 273>
Author
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 9:20am
oooh lurker in (being a march mummy last year!) - sooo cute!!!!! these bubbas are gorgeous!!!!
lurker out...
Sponsored Links

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 1:08pm
Lucky3rdtime- Bens sleep monitor went of like that for the first few months, most times it would start as soon as we got in the room but once it kept going and ben was blue around the mouth, we literally threw him on the bed (as gently as we could!)and he startled awake and breathed, he was 10 weeks old. Apparently this is quite normal and he would probably have started breathing again on his own HOWEVER this is why I love our angelcare monitor and he only stopped using it at 18 mths!

Th wonders of technology aye

Dawn - Hows Liam doing today?

lucky3rdtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 2:34pm
Thanks Emmaohara, yeah I actually wonder sometimes if she would be okay if the monitor didn't startle her, but I'm guessing she would, but I'm glad we have it. If we didn't have it I probably wouldn't know about her sleep apnoea and maybe be less paranoid, but then I would probably feel the need to check on her all the time.

She has been in her own cot in her room since we brought her back from hospital, so for peace of mind we opted for the monitor for movement, kind of glad we did, even if it is a bit frustrating and worrying to get woken in the middle of the night by it. I would rather be woken a million times and her be okay than the other way around though.
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 2:23am
We have an aponea monitor on loan from Neonatal for Aoife as she was so small. It scared the bejaysus out of us so many times at the start.
Like first time parents don't have enough to worry about

We had the 6 week immunistations today, Aoife was only a bit grizzly but Eimear needed some pamol to be settled. SHe just puked down my top about 30 mins ago too. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Thankfully we've plenty of EBM in the fridge as both girls were too sleepy this afternoon to feed off me.
pesky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 7:55am
Oh Dawn well done and congratulations, love the photos specially the one of your men, too cute.
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 1:38pm
Just popping in quickly to say hi to the other March Mums! Thanks for doing that list - I've been trying to figure out what Isabella's weight was in pounds & ounces for ages because everyone keeps asking! 8lb 9oz sounds quite big even though she was only 400gms bigger than Matt. We are doing well - pretty busy with a toddler as well, especially as he's not sleeping well hence getting very overtired & stroppy by the end of the day. He's good most of the time with Isabella & seems to be adjusting ok to having her around.
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 6:01pm
You're welcome Nic I've found that 1 thing google is good for! It's funny eh how people want pounds and ounces even these days.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 6:26pm
there's a good site that you can convert from..

http://www.webmath.com/k8metric.html
Mum to two amazing boys!
LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 12:48pm
Liam is doing really well, he is slightly windy and has a little trouble bringing it up and takes him ages to settle, other times he is good as gold and I can have him feed and down within 45mins - 1 hour. We got a 5 hours stretch from him last night 7pm till midnight, down within 1/2 hour, he woke again at 3am and it took until 5am to settle him (flamin wind), and then I woke him at 9am. Took until 11am to settle him back down (I tell you what he really likes to poo at the wrong time). So here's hoping he has another good sleep as both the boys are down now so I might even have a little nap myself.

Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 12:55pm
Wind is a pain isn't it?? Matthew was never a windy baby so I didn't have to really worry about it, but Bella gets quite distressed at times if she's not winded properly. We had a good night last night too - Bella went from 9 to 2 & then from about 2:45 to 6:25 & Matthew actually slept through until 6:30 too. It's amazing what a difference getting a decent block of sleep makes! Hope you manage to get a bit of a nap now Mummy2One.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 1:17pm
kawwww - I had to have my cathetar in for 5-7 days due to them having to stitch my bladder back together. I'm not too sure why they let me out but they did. Maybe they thought it was a long time to spend in hospital, and they knew I was itching to get up to my other boy. They did try delaying it as much as they could. I think it comes in handy when your mw knows the right people.

Anyway finally got cathetar out on Thursday after they x-rayed my bladder and putting dye through it to see if it was leaking anyway. All was fine. Then I had to go over to the gyno ward and I had to pee until there was only a 100ml residual amount of urine left in my bladder (and then it had to be repeated 3 times). So probably got there about 2.30pm and we were there until 10pm. Talk about frustrating, it didn't help that the nurse that was on was "old school" and didn't even crack a smile, no bedside manner at all. I so lost it and had a bit of a meltdown as it was mentioned that I might have to spent the night in hospital as they wouldn't discharge me until I had done so. I couldn't bear the thought of having to spend another night in hospital and being away from Lockie again. As it is I feel guilty for not being able to play with him and give him my full attention, I didn't need another night in hospital on top of that. DH was really good, I so love that man so much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 1:20pm
Oh yeah when I was at the hospital I also had to have an ultrasound down on my scar from c-section as there is a lump on the right hand side. Thank goodness its only bruising under the skin so they said and it may break down by itself over time (could take awhile) or it may start to leak fluid from the wound.

Okay think I have updated you all on what has been happening over the last couple of days, hopefully there will be more of you joining us here soon. Bring on those March bubbies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 6:38pm
oh mummy2one, sounds like you've had a bit of a hellish time of it, hoping it gets better for you and you have no other issues.

Gabs is having a good day today, sometimes its weird like our lives are just the same as they were before she was here and its almost like she isn't here at all, but I'm so glad she is.

Life is a bit strange for me at the moment though, cos i was so concentrating on her birth etc that all our plans had kind of stopped around the time she was due, so we don't have any plans to do anything at the moment, which is kind of weird, but necessary I guess until we get sorted a little. I am still nervous about taking her out and about and don't really like to unless its necessary cos I don't like interrupting her sleep etc, but I guess we will get used to having her around soon and it will get easier.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 7:30pm
yes def pays to know the right people i would be the same if i had another child... i was just freaking out about doing numbers 2's with it in..lol..and losing the ability to go to the loo by myself..lol:)!

the doc at hospital on friday(6 week check) told me lumps were normal..is that not right?:( ! lucky i was just like you..and just built up slowly..was terrified going by myself to hospital as it wasntduring his nap time..but i just topped him up and then drove there and he slept through it all(thank goodness we got him used to sleeping through noise) and everytime i go out i feel better..still do it when he is mostly asleep...or put him in pram after a feed for my walk... i never thought i'd get there but i am slowly....i didnt want to take him out much till 4-6 weeks anyway..going to TIff's on Thursday so that will be my first time feeding somewhere elese. ...scary!

Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 8:15pm
Yeah I am guessing that everything will take awhile to get used to, I remember changing her for the first time and worrying about hurting her little arms, getting them into the singlet, LOL!! Now that isn't an issue anymore.

Good luck with feeding somewhere else Kawww, at least its in a baby friendly environment, say hi to tiff for me, I hope feeding is going better for her.

I am lucky in a way, with formula feeding, it doesn't bother me feeding elsewhere, the only thing that worries me is getting hot water to heat up the bottle, but I think most cafes would oblige, not that I have ventured out that far yet.
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 12:25pm
We ventured out properly for the first time on Saturday - timed it so it was just after Bella's feed & she slept beautifully in the pram while we were out at the shopping mall. So nice to get out & about. She did start getting grizzly for a feed near the end though so I went back to the car & fed her there - not quite ready for feeding in public just yet!! I'm finding it quite hard having 2 little ones. I feel like I'm just sitting on the couch feeding Bella so much, that I'm neglecting Matt a bit. I think he's finding it hard too because he keeps playing up. I'm trying to just spend some quality time with him as well, but everytime I sit down & start playing with him, Bella seems to wake up!! It's not so bad at the moment as DH is still home, but I don't know how I'm going to cope on my own when he goes back to work. Still I guess you just have to get on with it & I'm sure I'll find a way to make it work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 2:34pm
Yeah that must be hard Nic, can Matt be a big boy helper for mum when you feed Isabella,like maybe get you a bib or something then he might feel more included, or even if possible to read a story to him while feeding maybe?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 3:55pm
I hear what you are saying Nic, it's great that DH is home at the moment but I so don't know how I will do it when he isn't. My DH travels a bit with his job too so not looking forward to nighttime. I think it is totally normal behaviour you are experiencing from Matt, he's used to having your undivided attention and now there is someone else around "it's like hey what about me". Lockie has adjusted pretty well but in saying that we have been getting some right tantrums and mum and dad both have to say goodnight to him, and he either doesn't listen or just refuses to do what we say. Very frustrating indeed, but hopefully it want go on for too long.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 7:55pm
Just bringing the list forward

BIRTHS
31st January: Tishy (Trish) - Eimear (1:49pm, 2.2kg/5lb) & Aoife (1:50pm, 1.64kg/3lb 10oz)

1st March: mum2bx2 (Haley) - Annabelle Jade (12:15am, 2.64kg/5lb 13oz) & Lachlan Xavier (12:15am, 2.81kg/6lb 3oz)
1st March: lucky3rdtime - Gabrielle Catherine (10:50am, 3.02kg/6lb 10oz)
2nd March: Tiff - Rohann Grace (2:22pm, 4.14kg/9lb 2oz, 53cm)
3rd March: Pesky (Jane) - Olivia Grace (2:00pm, 3.57kg/7lb 14oz)
3rd March: Leeann (Leeann) - Chloe Anne (9:18pm, 3.40kg/7lb 8oz)
5th March: mummy2one (Dawn) - Liam Harry (12:53am, 4.02kg/8lb 14oz, 57cm)
5th March: Nic01 (Nicki) - Isabella Aislyn (12:35pm, 3.885kg/8lb 9oz)
9th March: butterfly13 (Heather) - Andrew David (11.16pm, 3.68kg/8lb 1.5oz)
12th March: bizzy (Deborah) - Eden Loyis (4:18pm, 4.00/8lb 13oz)
17th March: emmaohara (Emma) - Sophia Elizabeth (1pm, 4.02/8lb 14oz)

DUE DATES
15th: jodie (Jodie) - girl
16th: anjiebaby (Anj) - surprise
18th: solgirl (Gaylene) – girl
19th: doubledee (Daphne) - girl
20th: zacksmum (Shar) - boy
23rd: daizy (Christy) - girl
24th: kiwiwonder (Margo) - surprise
28th: delnic2005 (Katrina) - boy
30th: mum2boftwinboys (Claire) - boy & boy

Edited by mummydee
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 2:56pm
Introducing Sophia..
the best day sleeper ever... but awake nightly

I Need help ladies, how do I turn her body clock all the way round?, any suggestions? I don't do crying,I'm too soft!! oh and she only falls asleep when I feed her...oh dear! Yes I need help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 273>