FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs it allergy related?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 11:58am
Ohhhh Aimee!!! This sucks!

I'm sorry I have no practical advice but lots and lots of hugs - and do what's best for you at the kiddo. xoxoxoxo
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 12:30pm
Bugger it, I was hoping you'd have a good night

Andie is right tho, you will need more clothes

And I didn't enjoy my gremlins either, in fact I didn't really bond with them till about 8 mths which was really hard, especially since I had that mythical instant bonding with Maya. I felt like such a bad mother!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 1:40pm
Luckily we have a ludicrous amount of clothes from Hannah and for some reason we have been given heaps and heaps of bibs for Greer! I was hoping for some instant improvements, but I guess I have to give it a bit of time. At least I am getting good at expressing - its so satisfying seeing so much milk come out in so little time!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 1:43pm
I know! Careful tho, it becomes obessive! I used to obsess over how much I could express in each go, in the mornings I could get 300+ml each side!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 3:23pm
Woah! Thats a lot!!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 3:27pm
Argh! Dont know whats going on in our street today, but twice I have managed to get her off to sleep relatively easily and then this morning they had people cutting back the trees right outside our house which woke her, and now they are resealing our road - at the moment the trucks are dropping the stones down and its bloody noisy!! Grrrr...
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 4:21pm

Get out there and go all hormonal on their arses!!!

...kidding. 

Andie
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 10:07pm
Good luck tonight Aimee!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:54am
LOL Andie - they didnt bugger off until 7.30pm by which time Greer (whos room is closest to the road) was so overtired Anyway we ended up having a great night! Up a few times but guzzled back a bottle, burp (dry I might add, no changes of PJs for me last night!!) then back in bed asleep within 15 minutes - yay She also woke up smiling this morning and for the first morning in I cant remember how long she went to bed really easily.

I think the formula really is helping, but dont want to get my hopes up yet.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:03am

Emma I am in awe of your expressing powers!  I used to get around 80 - 120mls a side... but sometimes only a couple of drops in an attempt!  It is kinda addictive though, innit.  And yep - I totally obsessed over how much I could express too!! 

Glad wee Greer had a better night last night, especially after such a rotten-noisy day.  Horray for the dry burp - hope she makes a habit of them.  How much does she have in her bottle?  (and can you believe babies like that stuff?!?!  Even Neocate burps smell foul!).  Ah they're funny creatures.  More roadworks today, or are they done in the area? 

Andie
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 10:12am
Yep, I make a good cow

Yay for Greer having a better night, I have my fingers so tightly crossed that this is the solution for you.

And EVERYTHING about Neocate smells foul!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 3:51pm
Roadworks all done, but sounds like we live down a metal road now!! Spent the day at mums and she has been sleeping and feeding well, and very smiley, cooing even! Have appt with GP tomorrow.

Yep neocate stinks, but smells similar to the soy one Hanny had for a while

OK Emma, so what should newborn Neocate poos be like? Havent really had any yet so hope she doesnt get constipated. She had a bit in her last nap and it was dark dark green - is that normal for formula?

Thank you so so much, your support and experience makes all the difference
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:06pm
Yep, dark green or even black. Newborn Neocate poos are funky Luckily there was a whole thread on EBB dedicated to it when I had the gremlins so I got plenty of reassurance!
Glad to hear things are still going well!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 9:13am

oh yeah, greeny-black.  I'll bring my Q&A stuff about Neocate over as well! 

Andie
DaniT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:40pm
Hi all

I have a 4-month old silent refluxer, and it was recommended I put him on Pepti Junior. I, too, was guilty over the whole stopping breastfeeding thing, but have been gluten & dairy free for a while now with seemingly no difference to my wee darling. Anyway I tried him with the formula and he wouldn't take it, so now I have a whole new problem. I thought I'd try getting his Dad to give it to him - maybe he wouldn't take it from me as he can still smell my milk, and wonders why he's getting something different ?! It's so frustrating though, I'm always hungry and there are many days I'm sad to say I don't enjoy my bub. We can get one really good day with great sleeps and a happy baby once in a while, but I can't wait until the day these good ones outnumber the not so good ones.

Sigh, they say it gets easier, but that's no help when we're trying to deal with now !!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 7:42pm
Hugs Dani T! It really does get easier, but you're right, that is little consolation when you are in the middle of it! You've come to the right place tho, there are lots of us here who have dealt with/are dealing with reflux and allergies, so hopefully you will be able to find some support here.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12