FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in Dec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443>
Author
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 8:20pm
Glad you're safe Becky! I saw on FB Debbie is ok too and has managed to escape to Dunedin for a bit. Glad you and Heidi wern't there Aimee and so glad ya DH made it home to you guys saftly! The devestation is so heartbreaking I sit with tears streaming down my face whenever I watch it. I cant imagine being there and actually seeing it with my own eyes!

How's everyone's pregnancies going? mine is going well and sooo fast! Cant believe bubs will be here within 10 weeks!(will have C section if I get to 41 weeks but trying for VBAC if I go into labour on my own - which i'm hoping for) eeeek!

R is doing well he is so so funny we have so much fun with him although I cant believe how devine he can be then how quickly he can turn into a demon child - the fun of a toddler I suppose hehe

Sponsored Links

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 9:14pm
Hiya, just a quick post from Dunners. We're all good, and Rhys is a real little trooper, so well behaved and enjoying staying with his nana and grandad. Unfortunately we have to go back tomorrow as I'm expected back at work on monday I only have 3 weeks left of work, and I'd love to not go back at all, but we need the money, damn stuff
We got power back around midnight on tuesday, but we had no water or sewer, so that's why we decided to leave. Neighbour texted this morning and she had water back at half pressure, so fingers crossed we'll have the same. I'm abit concerned about our water main as we live down a long drive. Also no sewer is not a bonus when you're 35 weeks preggers and going at least twice a night, lol. Also DH is on crutches and wearing a moonboot as he ruptured his achilles two weeks ago, so I'm having to run around after him too. He's not allow to drive for another 4 weeks, so I'm hoping this baby is late like Rhys. Fingers crossed for me
Well, I'd better get going, I hope you're all well. Take care!!

CaitlinsMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 10:18am
Hey everyone!
Aimee your lucky you weren't down here too.. I wish I wasn't and i'm still freaking out about it, I just can't get it out of my head... we are all safe but it doesn't stop me thinking about what if which is just silly!

Debs you should get paid while your work is closed shouldn't you? they should be covered by insurance! Im still not sure when our work will be open, i'm still a little nervous about getting back in the pool! although we may head in there for a swim today, my bosses have said staff can bring their kids over for a swim.. so will see how that goes, might be good for me and Caitlin to go and do something.

Aimee hows your pregnancy going all well i hope!

Im starting to get really bad reflux again as I did with Caitlin, its making me vomit every now and then which is just lovely! and have had to prop myself up when I sleep so not sleeping very well!

hope everyones well! take care

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 8:10pm
Bec, my works not closed and it hasn't closed at all due to the location. I didn't end up going back today as my boss told me to take as long as I need to get things sorted, which is really great of him, plus I'm being paid, which is fantastic. We still have no water here at home as our water main pipe has broken, so the plumber is coming back tomorrow to investigate with his special machine. Our neighbour has been fantastic with water and came over with some fresh scones when we got home late yesterday afternoon. They are such awesome people, a couple who are 80 years old and are so generous with their time.
I'm not too keen on hurrying back to work anyway as daycare is closed and DH is in no state to look after Rhys with being on crutches. Also Rhys is wanting mummy and daddy quite alot since we got home, which is unusual, as he wasn't effected with the sept quake and seemed okay after last tuesday, it's only since we got home yesterday, that he's been clingy.
On a happier note, had my mw appointment today and have my birthplan in place, and baby girl is measuring well and heartbeat is good. She's head down and in a good position, YAY!!
Bec, sorry to hear about the relux and I hope it settles down for you. The stress of the quake wouldn't be helping either. I hope you have lots of support and Caitlin is coping okay, hugs!

I hope you are all well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 8:26pm
Wow thats good of your boss! I guess they don't really have much choice given the situation they need to be supportive of their staff in tough times.
So when will you go back to work? bit hard when preschools aren't open, I called ours today even though i'm a little reluctant to send caitlin back! so will probably think about it ready for monday.. if they are open, and might only do a half day i'll see! i'm such a wimp.

Poor Rhys he obviously knows somethings up with all the goings on moving away from home and then coming back, I know Caitlins been a little bit affected by it now.. She has never cried or freaked out at any earthquake but yesterday she was with my mum driving on a gravel road and she started screaming went into utter melt down and lost the plot she was so scared it was weird and kept saying there was an earthquake.. mum managed to calm her down and explain it wasn't and she's been pretty good since but it was still weird!

Anyway sorry about my rant... having a day at home tomorrow have a friend and her daughter coming over tomorrow to keep me company.

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 7:26pm
Poor Caitlin, it might have been the noise?
I'm needed back at work on Monday, as I only have 2 and a half weeks left and got a bit to "teach" the boss
Hopefully pre-school will be open on monday, which I think will be good for Rhys, get him back into routine and spend time with his little friends.
I hope you had a good day yesterday with your friend visiting. We came over the west side of town last night to grab a shower at my sister's (Avonhead) and do a couple of loads of washing and it's amazing that it seems like it has hardly been affected at all. My sister's told me all along that I live on the wrong side of town, lol , thank goodness she hasn't said that to me lately.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:04pm
Debs is your sister Oakleys mum? I can't remember how you guys are related hehe.. I spoke to her today to let her know kings is open again and she said that she would probably be bringing Rhys to swimming on sunday hehe and that she had been seeing you guys every couple of days for a shower and to do washing hehe my how life has changed huh!

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:18pm
Lol, yep Oakley's my sweet little nephew. The two boys were running around together yesterday for about 3 hours and Rhys slept so well last night. He wouldn't have a day nap again today, absolutely screamed the house down when we tried to put him down, so when he went to bed tonight, he was out like a light. So tired, poor little sausage. Hopefully swimming on sunday will have the same effect

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:28pm
How are we all ladies??

Congrats again Deb on Graces' arrival hope you guys are doing well!

We are all good, R is lots of fun, really enjoying the last few weeks with just him and I, doing lots of fun things and just enjoying him. So scary to think he wont be an only child for much longer, feeling a bit guilty about it all to be honest but I know he will be fine (once he gets over the jealously) but it must be hard from them being the centre of attention then having to share his mum and dad with another wee being that takes up so much time! How are you finding it Deb?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:39pm
Ohhhh CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had no idea!! thats so exciting. Love the name too! I didnt even realise she was due so soon!

I can't believe the movements im getting from our wee boy lately its insane i dont remember caitlin being this active!
Have been feeling really sick lately reflux been making me vomit! it sucks! hoping my midwife can do something about it this week when i see her!

Just had a text from deb... sounds like she's doing really well!

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:45pm
Glad they are doing well!

he's going to be a real busy boy then becky hehe poor you with ya reflux, can you take anything for it?

I had to do the fasting 2 hour glucose test yesterday passed the first one but baby was estimated to be 5lb8oz at scan at 33 weeks...hoping the measurements are out lol. So they just wanted to rule out GD, havent geard what the results are yet. But man that drink first thing in the morn on an empty stomach is the pits!

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 8:50pm
Hi all,

Glad to hear all the CHCH peeps are all good.

Deb - Congrats on Grace's arrival that's awesome to see. Hope things are going well.

Becky - I hope the reflux calms down, must be horrible.

Nice to see everyone's pregnancies are going well not long till the babies start making their appearance.

I finally got a new job doing Reception/Accounts Receivable I am really liking it so far, I realised I had to find work to provide Arianne a home of our own, I hated being on the DPB. Now that the job thing is sorted it will be time to find a home for us both, then ill hopefully find someone to make me feel loved again. (although I feel lots of love from Arianne lol)

It scares the hell out of me thinking of looking for a new partner, I hope I find someone that won't screw me over like my ex.

Well im off to bed, working again and looking after a toddler is hard work lol
RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 9:25pm
Hi guys, thanks for the wishes. Grace is a little sweetie and Rhys loves her to bits. Lana, I felt the guilt regarding changing his life, but he had his grandma staying for the first week and a half (she went home yesterday) and DH is home for a while, so he's enjoying the attention, plus give Grace kisses everyday and we let him hold her at least once a day too, with parental supervision . Anyway, a Big congrats to Lana and Elise!!! Yay Another little girl in a big hurry. Grace was 2 weeks early, but Elise must have been in a bigger hurry, 4 weeks early!
My waters broke first this time, then nothing, so ended up being induced and labour was only 2 and half hours in total, only gas, so super proud of myself, as I had epidural on my mind when I went in, lol.
Nat, good for you for providing a safe and secure life for Arianne! Yay for the new job. I'm sure you will find someone to share your life with and someone who will treaty you with the love and respect you deserve!!
Arianne is so gorgeous, love the pic on your signature.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 3:56pm
Oh my goodness has lana had her baby too.. you guys are freaking me out! im worried my little dude will come early now hehe.

Congrats Lana.. that is exciting news.. I miss out on so much when i'm not on facebook haha!

Any chance you guys can post piccies on here of your gorgeous new wee ones! im gettng clucky now and also noticed ive got a bit of a nesting thing going on which is a little scarey! 10wks to go for me!

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 8:39pm
you're doing well Nat, be proud chick and i'm sure everything else will fall into place for you!

Sounds like you guys are doing well Deb and good job on your labour and birth!

woohoo becky not long (and if your anything like the first 2 babies he will be here before you know it hehe just not too early tho please!)

Thanks for the congrats, it was definatley a bit surreal her arriving early, I did have a feeling she would be early but I was thinking a week or 2 not 4 weeks lol but she is doing well and was a good size foe that early so all is good. My waters broke well leaked continuouslly this time too, I had to go straight up to hospital as soon as it happened as she was prem and I was attempting a VBAC and needed to be monitored the whole time, so when I got there I was 5cm already and contractions were very mild they stayed like that for a while and the midwife checked dilation again and I had a contraction while she was checking and felt more waters so she broke them, from there on everything was on contractions stepped up a notch and were coming strong and fast I decided I wanted gas so started on that then about half an hour later I needed to push so pushed for 5 mins and she was born so all up it was about an hour and a half from waters breaking properly to her being born. It was a pretty amazing experiance and a million times better than my Csection I'm so happy with how it went

I bumped our photos in the photo gallery and added one of R and E and one of just E, would love to see some recent ones of your gorgeous girl Becky

Edited by noodle

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 3:55pm
Hiya, just a quick message to say I've finally posted a photo of Grace in our photos in the photo gallery :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:26pm
Well decision has been made, i'll be having an elective c section on the 3rd june, scarey but i'm glad to have made the decision, unless he decides to come early which I hope not hehe..

One of my friends is being induced today! so i'm sitting waiting for news, can't wait for new baby snuggles!

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 4:13pm
I'm glad you've made your decision and it must be nice to know your little boy's birthdate! Not long now. When will you finish work?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaitlinsMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:19pm
Not finishing until the 1st june!! 2 days before hehe... think on that thursday i'll be getting lots sorted that day!

RBsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:44pm
You will be busy. Fingers crossed the little guy does come early like the latest Dec08 additions,
Have you got any names picked?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443>