FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcsection and toileting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: csection and toileting
    Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:14am
right TMI ... my bowels have never been the same..first i couldnt go and now.. three days ago i woke up to feed Ethan and was desperate to go number 2's.. like i couldnt hang on..ran to the loo and had to stay there for about 20 mins.. then it was all over ..didnt ave it again that day at all ... and then today same thing i wake urgently need to go..

now i dont think its something i ate as ive eaten differently both times and I've had this twice before ...both since his birth...anyone else experience it or am i just weird:) I'll mention it to doc when i go in a week.. oh and cant remember if it was same time last time but this time started the day before my AF returned and then today (1.5 days later) i think it may have been the same time with AF last time.. i never used to have any problems..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 8:11am
I have dodgy bowels anyway but I know I always get "loose" bowels around AF. When I heard that a big clear out was often a sign of impending labour I remember thinking "oh that makes sense". So maybe there is a hormone link.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 9:21am
:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 10:46am

I had issues with mine after I had both my lap's done (i had my bowels moved around while trying to get rid of some of the endo) and I had major issues with them after Josh. I was told Prune juice (its not actually that bad), and some good black licorice to get them moving again. It took me a few days to get going again, but I had some major pains trying to go and it got to the point that Nigel rang my MW to see if she could help, and if I didn't have any luck I was going to be offered an enema , good thing they got moving again.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 6:35pm
yeah it used to be the movement problem..last few days (with horrible AF:( ) has been need to go NOW and its the opposite problem:( !
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 7:26pm
I have that sometimes to KA - I've often wondered if it's a by-product of the C-sect. Sort of like Nature's payback for me not having any pelvic floor issues

I did always have looser bowels when I got my period but I know what you mean about the having to go NOW - that's new for me too.

Would be interested to hear what your Dr says.

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 9:13pm
I've always been the same pre-AF and also for a little while post CS and Lap as they nudge or move your bowel to get to other stuff.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 7:53am
yeah the mw told me they put hot towels on the gut as they move it outta the way i had a sensitive tum before:( i wonder if this will get worse after number 2:( ?
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply