FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2008 mums [:)]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 83>
Author
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:10pm
Here's the recipe if you want it Sarah - you can use rolled oats instead of the ones indicated, and apparently adding cocoa is yum too.

Housepoet's Famous Lactation Boosting Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip & Flaxseed cookies ™
Ingredients :

* 1 cup butter or marg
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal*
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
* 1 cup or more chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)

Directions:

Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or silpat. The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.

Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.

Serves: 6 dozen cookies

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
Sponsored Links

rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 8:05am
Might give them a go myself as they sound quite nice
Gill

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 12:01pm
Hi girls, thought it was about time I rolled over to the born in may. My wee daughter may be giving me a false sense of security, sleeping from 9.30pm till 8am with only 2 feeds (my other two boys would have been up 4 times in that period). She's just beautiful and I get teary eyed everytime I think that she's my last kinda wondering if I shouldn't have made it such a permanant decision now (had tubes tied during c-section).

Sounds like a great recipe Mazzy, will have to try it out when I get a chance.
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
my2girls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 2:14pm
That looks like a really yummy recipe Mazzy, i might have to try it too!
Sarah i remember the days with my first baby going through the no weight gain for a couple of weeks and struggling with breastfeeding, but it did come right and once it did it was great!!
Ashlee woke at 7.30am this morning which was great, however i could not get her to sleep until 12 today, and that was because i had had enough and put the girls in the pushchair and went for a walk! she has now been asleep in there for two hours! I felt sorry for Breanna beacuse i kept promising her to do things with her and whenever i put Ashlee down she would wake straight back up again...
On the way home from our walk i stopped at the park to her her play on the swings, i feel much better now that she had gotten to do at least one thing with me today... Its definately hard work!!
SarahandBubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahandBubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 5:50pm
Thanks for your support guys. And Mazzy you are a gem and Keira is just stunning! I will be trying those bikkies in fact I would eat cowpat right now if someone told me it would help cos the MW came this arvo and he hasnt put any weight on, in fact he may have lost a tiny bit more.
I feel so helpless and useless. I thought I had plenty of milk and now I dont know! She wants me to feed him, wait half hour, express, then feed him the expressed milk after his next feed. I hope it works! I feel like I have failed him in that I couldnt have him naturally and now I'm not giving him what he needs either. Its all feeling a bit overwhelming! I know I am a good mother, there couldnt be a little boy more loved but I like every parent just want to give him the best I possibly can and it hurts so much that its not working!

Sorry ladies, gotta pull myself together. This is doing nothing for my milk production! hehe! Just went and spent $100 I didnt have on easy protein snacks and complan, and nursing tea and anything else I thought might help!! Drove to the supermarket by myself with him even though I shouldnt be driving just yet! Oops!
Sarah, and her little bugs!

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 8:57pm
The bikkies are yummy, I think they did good things for my supply with Isla, I hope they help. If anything, they are good comfort food while you are still doing something good for your supply.
Sarah my dear, I am sending you the hugest hugs right now. What a hard road you are having, you poor thing. You are doing your absolute best and all Caleb will be feeling is loved and cherished and cared for. You are giving him the best start possible, he WILL start putting on weight, some babies just don't at the start and there's no way of predicting who or why. Weight gain is just one part of the whole picture - he's otherwise healthy and looks just perfect in the photos you've shared. There will be a turning point for you, things will change.
I'll also add that I think every mum gets these feelings of being helpless and feeling like they're useless, for one reason or another. It's one of the side-effects of being a mama and actually means you're a pretty darn good one. I felt like such a failure for not picking up on Isla's jaundice when we first brought her home, and she was dehydrated because my milk didn't come in on time. My midwife was concerned about how yellow she was and really made me cry about her being dehydrated. It made me feel horrible and like such a useless mum. But we got there in the end, had to hand express into a shot glass and mix my little bit of milk with cooled boiled water and feed her from the cup, but she picked up and was fine with no long-lasting ill effects. If anything, coming through such a tough time made us really bond as a family and has made this second time around much easier. I know it will be the same for you.
Just don't go eating any cow pats, ok? They won't help!
hooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:11am
Morning All,
Well its been a crazy week for me, got a phone call last wed, my Granddad wasnt to good all the family got rang.
So raced off down the coast got there 10mins to late.

Got back yesterday. Been up since 5 got bugger all sleep my DD is not sleeping to well. Xavier is all good, sleeping and feeding really well.
Hopefully will see my mw today.

Congrats to all new may mums
Right gota go catch up on some reading, hope everyone is doin ok.
Desiree

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:39am
hooper, so sorry to hear about your grandad

sarah

to everyone
hooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:53am
to you Sarah, My dd was the same she dropped more than 10% of her birth weight, she was having formula top ups. i felt pretty useless i throught i had failed as well. But once my milk came in we were away.
Like everyone has said every baby is different. Sounds like your doing a great job.
Hope you have a better day today. Caleb is such a cutie.
Desiree

hooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:09pm
Afternoon all,

Well tried to get ahold of mw she is away untill next week. (thanks for telling me) Got ahold of Ruth went in to see her, i have a infection in my wound site oh yay! so am on ab's, and i still have thrush in my boobs.

Hopefully Ruth will make it out tomorrow to do Xavier's 4 week check. Man it's gone quick.

How's everyone's day going? hope it's better than mine.
Desiree

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 1:13pm
owch desiree! hope that the thrush and wound clear up soon for you.
wow 4 weeks!! that has gone fast! toby is 3 weeks today and i look back and it has gone soooooo fast he has real gunky eye at the mo, been cleaning and doing the massage and squirting titty milk in poor little man hope it goes away soon.
im doing ok- really tired though, the night feeds are taking it out of me!! im sure you can all relate!!!

well im off to get my haircut!! yay its been a whole year since i last had it cut!! (EEK!)

have a good one xoxo
2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 2:28pm
Sarah I hope it all starts looking up for you really soon, all any mum wants is the best for her children and it hurts us when we don't feel we're doing that. As for the not being able to have a natural birth I can completely relate, after 3 c-sections I feel very inadequate and like a failure in that area (2 failed VBAC's).

Hooper, so sorry to hear about your granddad

Gotta go babys needing resettling again, check in later
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 2:38pm
Just had a text from my friends husband to say that she has gone in to labour today! Woohoo. I cant wait to hear her news! Shewas due 2 weeks after my due date and has gone into labour 2 weeks after Morgan was born. I hope she has her baby today.
Gill

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 3:22pm
how exciting gill!!! YAY for your friend
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 5:18pm
Hooper, I'm sorry to hear about your grandad, and then the thrush and infection on top of that - what a rough week. I hope it all clears up for you soon.   
My tear isn't healing and I'm so paranoid about it getting infected. As it stands I will probably need to have surgery (under an epidural or general, don't know yet) to fix it. So annoying to have complications after the birth when we just want to enjoy our bubbas!
Great news about your friend gill!
rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:45pm
She had a girl! Thats all i know at the moment. She has broken Ruths run of boys
Gill

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 7:53pm
Hi everyone!! How are all the May mummies going?
Erika is doing fantastic, so far she has been so easy it's unreal. Her first night she slept for a good 4 hours woke for a feed & nappy change then back to sleep for another 4 hours and then last night she slept for 6 hours in one stretch then again awake for a feed & nappy change before sleeping for another 4 hours.
Am I super lucky or what?? Not only that but since I managed to push her out instead of having he c-section I am feeling so good myself. Okay sore yes but I can do so much stuff which I couldn't do after I had my boys! Like sleeping on my tummy & jumping out of bed instead of carefully easing out...
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:05pm
Also I hope you don't mind but here is my very long birth story

Monday morning around 5.20am I awoke to a contraction. Thinking nothing much of it I got up & went to the toilet where I had another contraction. I headed back to bed & gave Hubby a little nudge & commented that maybe today was the day… He just cuddled up & sleepily nodded before going back to sleep.
After yet another couple of contractions, I gave Hubby another nudge & told him to wake up so he could time the contractions: roughly 2 &1/2 minutes apart and about a minute long! Okay time to call my midwife!
So around 5.50am I was told to see how things went & to call Ruth back when I felt I needed her. Then I had Hubby call my Mum as I headed to the toilet again.
From the toilet I started telling Hubby what I needed because I was sooo not organised! Main things being to tidy up & get me a hot water bottle because the blimen contractions hurt!
Less than two minutes after getting the hot water bottle though, I was ordering him to run me a bath because the contractions felt so intense & painful. I knew that it was likely that things would slow down with getting into the water so soon but I didn’t care, anything to lessen the pain! And at first it did seem like things were slowing down but then it became intense again. I’m not sure what time it was but I asked Hubby to call Ruth because I couldn’t do it anymore. So she let Hubby know she was on her way.
I think it was about 8am when my Mum arrived with my little sister. Mum came straight in to see me & took over. By now my boys were awake & demanding breakfast so my sister & Hubby sorted them out.
I was crying & telling my Mum that I couldn’t do this & that the pain was too much for me to bear & I wanted to go to hospital for an epidural LOL!
8.10am and Ruth had arrived. She did an internal with me still in the bath and announced that I was not going anywhere as I was about 6 maybe 7 cm dilated! I couldn’t believe it as I had honestly thought I was still in early labour.
It gave me a second wind & with Mum reminding me to breathe through my contractions I carried on as planned.
Hubby had been given the job of setting up & filling the birthing pool which seemed to be keeping him happy & occupied. The second midwife was called & was asked to bring some gas with her. I was looking forward to using that gas!!
15 minutes later though I felt abit of pressure & pushed out membranes so Ruth was quickly on the phone again saying “forget the gas just head straight here”. We live rural so it is abit of a drive.
There was a little bit of meconium in my waters but nothing major & fetal monitoring showed that Bubs was happy still. Also Ruth reassured me that Bubs had most definitely moved from a posterior position to anterior.
I think it was around 9am that I moved from the bath to the birthing pool which was set up in the dining room. Also my Grandma arrived which was a wonderful, lovely surprise. I was feeling the need to push but was worried that I was not dilated enough so resisted the urge & begged Ruth to check me even though she thought I was fully dilated. I think the backup midwife Meredith arrived around 9.30am. Ruth checked me & found I had a small anterior lip on my cervix but was able to push it back so at 9.40am I started pushing!
I felt like a total animal with deep grunts that I couldn’t stop coming out of me as I pushed. I only stopped to ask if the head was moving at all. I think everyone was laughing at me a little bit as I was so anxious to make sure Bubs was coming out in between pushes! I kept putting my hand down to feel the head & it was reassuring to feel the head coming out more & more and quite easily too.
Hubby was sitting behind me (he didn’t want to see anything if he could help it!) while my Mum, Grandma & the two midwives stood watching in the front. Even my sister & boys came to see how everything was going before retreating back to my bedroom with my boys to continue watching videos.

At 9.58am I welcomed my beautiful little girl, Erika, into the world. She was brought out of the water & into my arms after only 18 minutes of pushing.
She weighed in at 8 pound 15 ounces (4.04kg), head circumference of 38cm & length of 52.3cm.
She took to the breast at 10.05am & as I got out of the birthing pool a few minutes later, out came the placenta. No tears, grazes or anything!
It was perfect...

Oh & apparently Hubby did see Bubs head coming out at one point & was soooo not impressed! My midwife laughed at him as he has no worries getting his hands dirty right up to the shoulder when it comes to our cows giving births!!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:28pm
What a wonderful birth story Toni. I'm very pleased for you
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 8:39pm
Thanks!!
It all seems like a dream now. I have to keep looking at Erika & pinching myself LOL

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 83>