FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2008 mums [:)]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 83>
Author
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2010 at 6:01pm
Its funny the things that Thomas can do/ say now,
This evening he shocked me with a round of:

'I see Mummy, i see Daddy, I see A-ma(grandma), (then came the animals) I see Max, I see Chloe(yes he can say Chloe properly), I see Fran... No dad-dad (grandad) Grandad was having a sleep.

He can count from one to six clearly and can say 2,4,6,8,10. He knows all the words for his shape abacus (heart, star, square, circle and triangle)
He can just about sing the first verse of the postman pat song. He knows what his programmes are on the telly that he likes (go show - argh, spongebob, postman pat, bobby the bus) and can say the names properly.

You know, for a 21 month old, he's shocking. He really is. My husband is one of those annoying super intelligent fools that could do all sorts of spectacular things when he was a little kid, but Thomas is doing MORE than Matt did at the same age.

Even tho he can do all of this, he still cant get the spoon into mouth co-ordination done properly :P

Talk about a big gloat about how fabulous my child is, but i'm just so bloody proud of him!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Sponsored Links

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 9:12pm
wow! that is fantastic Alex. I would be super proud too!!

The boys are still babble but they are def getting better. they LOVE to watch Elmo on youtube and watching 'melmo' sing haha

And their words are getting clearer which is good.

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:36pm
BUMP
how is everyones May Babies doing?

luxjules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxjules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 7:57am
hey, sorry havent written in ages, life has been so full on for us
we have been doing renovations, trying to tame our wild back yard and we got chickens which is exciting

Sophia is doing so well, saying heaps of words and small sentences, i still cant understand some things she says
She has just cut the first molar of the last four teeth
and is keen to start potty training but cant quite get to the potty fast enough

Seems like im the only one who's still on one child, will probably wont have another for another year or so

hope everyone else is doing well
jules
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 9:21pm
Thinks are getting more and more testing at our house.. its mostly cuz Thomas is growing up and i'm getting more and more pregnant :P I've got zero patience with him and the poor little sod has been copping a lot of flack for minor things he does wrong :/ Least he's little and he wont remember, right? lol.
Ah well, 10 weeks to go and the house will be plunged further into insanity hehe.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 7:03pm
Hi All

Jules, great that sophia is potty training. I don't know when our two will be ready for that. They do know when they want their bums changed, cause they say 'daddy butt!'

Alex, hearing you on the getting more and more preg. I am 2 weeks behind you and I feel HUGE! I have to get DP to change the boys lots because I find it hard to get down on the floor and change them.

Our two are loving daycare. They go twice a week and yab yab yab. They are also little hurricanes who make mess wherever they go!!

Anybody know if Sue has had her little one?

Ariana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 7:10pm
Hey guys,

just a quick catch up... William is doing so much now... he had his first real hair cut last week, shaved it!! Man my little baby is not a little baby anymore, he is really a little man!!
He is still not talking much, but tells us what he wants in other ways.
He is doing so well in every other way!!

Bex, Sue had her little girl Briannah (I think that is how it is spelt!!) a little while ago now, I think she is about 8 weeks and just beautiful.

Well done to all you Mum's having more babies, my baby making days are well and truelly over, I think 3 1/2 (step daughter) is plenty for this household hahaha.

Hope you all are enjoying the end of summer, birthdays coming up soon.

Take care... xxooxx
Ariana

Mum to Minardi, Victoria, Alecia and William.
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:03pm
BUMP
Ah OK Ariana, that's great for Sue!

Gosh I am getting tired soon. Our boys are getting super super active and LOVE Elmo. They love to watch him sing and dance. So have been getting them Sesame St DVDs!1

erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 1:35pm
Hey girls. Bex I had Briannah on 28 January - can't believe she's 2 months old already.

Had lots of issues with Keiran being jealous of her and trying to hurt her - actually he succeeded many times and she had her first ACC claim at 4 weeks old after he headbutted her in the face. Thankfully he's become used to her now and is very sweet towards her most of the time.

Keiran is a regular little chatterbox and is into everything. He's on the go all the time so is definately keeping me on my toes. I've actually got him and Briannah sleeping at the same time today which is why I've finally been able to post in here.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Bex and Alex it's not too much longer for you two now. :0)
Sue
See my blog www.gojandal.com/wubboo

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 1:54pm
I know, I can't wait. I wish there was a fast forward button. The last few weeks DRAG!!!

Oh no sue about the headbutting! I am not sure how the twins will be, Zavier can get very jealous of people taking mummies attention and has since day dot, so could be interesting!!

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 6:29am
Toni is due before either of us! She's at the beginning of may :P
I'm totally over this one - honestly its the biggest bunch of BLAH ever. No more kids after this - if they wont fix me, i've got a nice big sharp machete for Matt waiting in the garage.
I'm not quite sure how i'm going to handle 2 monsters, Thomas is honestly the biggest disaster area at the moment. Example: just changed his bottom, he's run away with just a nappy on and escaped out the dog door into the backyard in the dark and rain. Good one son. Good thing he cant get out or get hurt cuz I just dont have the energy.
We're sposed to have a deal going here where I get up during the week for Thomas - until i'm too much of a whale to do it all, and Matt will get up for him on the weekends. He's since decided that I should be doing it all the time because I dont do anything else. Its so great! lol.
Oh well, he'll get his when this baby arrives :P He wont know what hit him! hehe.

Other than that, everything is going alright. Thomas is doing everything developmentally that he's supposed to etc, so i'm happy. He's hopefully starting the transition into over 2's at kindy this week. I said to them I want him in there and sorted before his sister arrives else it will stress him out too much. Thankfully he's really good with the babies at kindy so i'm not worried about him hurting the baby. I was quite rough with older kids - and me, but whenever he bit me or smacked me or whatever I did it back to him and he stopped. I think he realised that he was actually hurting people and he didnt like being hurt so yea :P Probably not the best way of teaching him not to be like that, but its worked!

Anyway, I better go see how muddy and grotty he's got. Bet you the nappy is off and he's rolling in the mud :P
Alex, Thomas and Lily
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 3:53pm
Heya ladies.
I so can't wait for this to be over & at the same time totally freaked about having 4 kids once he arrives!
I have 4 more weeks until my due date & I tell ya it can't come soon enough. Everything hurts
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
SarahandBubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahandBubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 10:38pm
Hi everyone! Quick post to say good luck to those due soon... Toni, Alex and Bex, and well done and welcome to little Briannah!

Getting big and uncomfy here. Looking forward to work finishing in 6 weeks so I can enjoy the last few weeks of just having Caleb and waiting for the little one.

Bubs is currently breech so working on turning the little ratbag, then I hope to follow Toni's fab lead and have a VBAC! Fingers crossed!

Caleb is awesome and hilarious as I am sure all the fab May 08 bubs are! Loving every moment with him.

Take care all
xx
Sarah, and her little bugs!

erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 1:08pm
Nice to see you in here again Sarah. Hope you get to have your VBAC - guess you're going to be spending lots of time on hands and knees to get this one to turn.

Not long to go for you now Toni.

Alex, Keiran is full on at the moment too. I've been lucky in that I've had MIL staying with us so she's been able to run around after him as well. He hasn't been to bad this week because he's spending heaps of time balancing things on top of other things. So cute to watch him doing this and amazing how much time he devotes to it.

Hope everyone is doing ok. We've all become so quiet in here.
Sue
See my blog www.gojandal.com/wubboo

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2010 at 2:11pm
Ooh Thomas does that too! he's got these crappy old wooden blocks that my stepdad got from work and he honestly will sit there for hours stacking them on top of each other and then knocking them over and starting again! I got him expensive stacking toys etc, but sods law he hates them all :P

Dying for all this to be over - i've been really crampy in the last 2 days and had 1 day with a bit of a show, but nothing since. Baby is head down and pushing hard on my cervix so when i see my MW next week i'm going to see if she'll do an internal to see if anythings happening. The cramps dont feel like the normal niggles you get - more of a under and round the back cramp. Fingers crossed huh?
Alex, Thomas and Lily
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2010 at 8:11pm
I've had nothing like that so I have this feeling I might go overdue which will SUCK!
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Ariana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 8:45pm
Hello Hello, long time no post...

Everything has been super busy around here at the moment... you know how it goes having 4 kids around the house and school holidays hahaha

Anyway I thought I would pop in and say good luck to the mummies who are having babies soon....

My baby is 2 tomorrow!! Where has the time gone!!

Mind you that does not make me sad enough to want to have another one though

William is starting to toilet train at the moment, he is doing really well, speech is coming along beautifully and all round he is turning into my big boy!!

Doesn't seem like 2 years ago that I was in a hurry to get the little bugger out of me hahaha.   I am sure there are lots of mums feeling that way at the moment.

Anyway girls, had better go and finish icing William's birthday cake.

You all take it easy and I will be back another time. xxooxx
Ariana

Mum to Minardi, Victoria, Alecia and William.
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:06pm
Ariana - hope william had a great birthday!

I hear you on 'can't believe they are two'
Luke and Zavier will be 2 on May 10. Scary. I think we will just get a cake for them to share at daycare as their birthday is on a daycare day. Unsure about a birthday party though, as I'm hoping baby comes early!! I'm getting to the point where I'm over it. Two more weeks of work to go now though thank god!

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:49pm
Day care doesnt let us take a real cake :( they get a playdough one instead. thomas hates the stuff!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 12:29pm
really???! how come - I'm guessing cause kids are so allergic to things these days? I probably should ask but I just thought I would do it.

Yay Alex, not long for you now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 83>