FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGE Free Food Guide - would you change?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GE Free Food Guide - would you change?
    Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:08am

I got this from another forum but after reading this it's really got me thinking about whether or not I will now shop according to this or will I shop according to price and availability.  I wouldn't say I'm Pro-NonGE but it did concern me when I read this guide and there were items and well known companies on there that are selling items with GE, Cadbury being one of them!

Check it out here:  http://www.gefreefood.org.nz/default.asp

Discuss away  

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:25am

OMG I am astounded at the amount of things that contain GE ingrediants. I thought we did pretty well in our house, until I read this. Yikes.

Not sure I will change anything too dramatically, but would certainly "think" about changing brands when I run out of things like Roses Marmalade!

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:31am
I was pleased to see lots of products I buy under the Non-GE and Changing categories. I do buy heaps of GE-free and organic foods because I eat gluten free and GF products tend to be organic/wheat free/dairy free/GE free/free of animal products/tasteless.

There are things on the list though (like bluebrid chips) that I'll continue to buy. I think my diet's already restrictive enough.

The title "May Contain GE" is a bit misleading, it either does or doesn't - right?

ETA: I won't necessarily stop buying products just because they might contain GE but I will be saving the list to refer to so I can look into alternatives

Edited by MrsMojo
 Post Reply Post Reply