FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2008 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 47>
Author
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 6:30pm
Hang in there

Is there any way you could possibly express and feed him, it might give your nipples a chance to feel a little better, plus then you can see how much he is getting?

I'm glad you are home and slowly getting into the swing of things
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
Sponsored Links

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 7:01pm
Hi guys

I'm now a June mummy. Oliver Jack was born at 5.07am on Monday 23 June - Sheena I was starting to wonder whether he would bet Caden to it!! We ended up delivering at home on the living room floor - on top of a tarpaulin that DH had previously mixed concrete on!!! It was an amazing good birth really.

We have really really struggled with breastfeeding. Ollie lost 10% of his birth weight very quickly because he couldn't stay awake to fed and I have had no clue how to latch etc etc. So...we finally saw a lactation consultant yesterday who thought I was a day off having mastitis and lent me an electric pump to use. She also showed me how to keep him awake and latch him properly. We are still working through the sore nipples thing but getting a little better with every feed. At least I'm not having to feed him hourly any more .

Anyway, at some point I'm going to figure out how to post a photo so I can show my little man off.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by aussiegirl aussiegirl wrote:

Its so great seeing you all in here... I have till Monday to have a June baby!
Sheena - welcome home...your wee man is gorgeous

We're losing July mum's like flies coz they keep having their bubs in June, so we're happy to nab a couple of June mum's for July

Altho for your sake I hope bub arrives before Monday!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:07am
Hi Girls,

This is my wee girl

She is 9 weeks old and growing like a weed. She was weighed last week and was 8pd 13oz. She will be weighed again on Friday and i'm guessing she will be over 9pd then.
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:11am
Add to the list:

Sharne - 26 April - Jorja
MorgansMum - 10June - Libby
thomasina - 13 June - Zechariah

J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:12am
Sheena - i hear you on the sore nipples thing. We are hiring a pump for me to use i express 5-6 times a day and my boobs/nipples are SOOOOOO sore and itchy!
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:53am
SER I can't belleve how grown up she looks beside my wee one - isn't it amazing how quickly they grow!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:56am
Oh - forgot to say...

my midwife has recommended hypercal tincture / lotion heavily diluted with water to spray on to sore nipples. I 'm just trying it for the first time now so hopefully I'll be able to feed back that it works.
erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 7:11am
Congrats all you June mummies. I'm actually one too as Keiran was born on 1st June, although he was supposed to be a May baby. I can't believe he is 4 weeks old today. It's gone so quickly.
Sue
See my blog www.gojandal.com/wubboo

thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 3:02pm
Welcome June mums!

SER- your wee girl is gorgeous!!!!

Sounds like there have been afew difficult starts to breastfeeding. I really struggled with it to begin with too. I remember one of my nipples bleeding and the nurse at the hospital trying to latch my baby on and it was just awful!!! Im glad thats all behind me now... It does get easier! Having said that, I have a breast pump arriving on Weds and Im gonna have a go at expressing, so I can go out for longer and leave Zechariah with his Granny. So that will be interesting to see how that goes.
But still...most days I feel that all Im doing is feeding feeding feeding..!

josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 3:44pm
Sharne - 26 April - Jorja
josephnia - 30 May - Blake
MorgansMum - 10June - Libby
thomasina - 13 June - Zechariah

Luckily for me bf is going really well for us and I have managed to stop expressing which was getting very tiresome after every feed. Because Blake was in the special care unit I had to express from day 1 because he was too little and tired to bf and then feed him through his nose tube and now I have about 3 litres of milk in the freezer! All that time my bbs were like rocks and it's so nice now to have them nice and soft again.

Blake also tends to fall asleep after feeding from one side - we're in a good routine now where I feed him one side then change his nappy and feed from the other side and this works really well for us.

Ser Jorja is just lovely! And that's a great weight gain Blake has been putting on about 40gm a day and is now about 6lb 3oz - getting to be a real fatty lol!
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 4:11pm
yay June mummies !

Just had to say when i started bf my nipples hurt like hell , but as time goes on it doesnt hurt so bad-and if it does there may be something else going on , so talk to your plunket nurse if it hasnt gotten any better after say 2 weeks
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:33pm
*lurking in with pics of Kateandahalf's wee Oliver*

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 6:45pm
*lurker in*

Oliver is sooooo cute!!!

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 7:57pm
oh i love the second pic! thats so cute !

J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 9:42pm
Awwww, those pics are soooo gorgeous! I wish Jorja would find her thumb!
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 11:47am
Kate- Olly is sooooo cute!!!!
Zec found his thumb for the first time last night! Altho it looks cute, is it good for them....?

I had a nightmare night last night, Zec vomited in his bed, so I had to change the whole lot, then 3 hours later he pooed all through his bed, so another change of bed and full change of clothes! Then he just wouldnt sleep.... so I think I got about 3 hrs sleep all up. Babies are cute but hard work!!!
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 12:05pm
Sorry to hear you had a rough night, i guess i shouldn't mention Jorja slept 9 hours last night
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

rorylex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rorylex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 3:05pm
hi ladies
went to lollypops on saturday that went well just felt a little stink that i was a bit tied up with mason to have a good play with sam and rory but i dont think they really cared lol.
went and saw sheena yesterday with out the older boys and it was nice to not have to worry about what they are doing every few seconds.
got to have a cuddle with caden i swear he is just as strong as my 2yr old rory lol.
here is a pic of caden and mason.
Mummy to 4 boys
Samuel - 18.6.05
Rory - 15.7.06
Mason - 13.06.08
Emmett - 24.01.10
Baby #5 - cooking
josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 4:05pm
Kate, Olly is super adorable! And that pic of Mason and Caden is sooo cute, they look like best friends already!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 47>