FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJune 2008 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 47>
Author
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 1:23pm
*lurking*

Thomasina - it does get better. About the 6 week mark I was so tired, DD was feeding for 6 hours each evening and like you I was dreading night time. Just go with it. It doesn't last for long and if you can get him to sleep on DH then do whatever you need to.

*lurker out*

Sponsored Links

aussiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 2:26pm
Hi girls....
we are back at home had a lovely 2 days at river Ridge birthing centre (I went there postnatally after giving birth at WAikato Hosp). The midwives there were so helpful, and man the food was yummy!

So hayley made it (just!) into the June babies Born at 12.55am on 30 june.
My milk has come in today so she is feeding better and getting a full tummy! have had MIL and my friend come over for a visit today...MIL helped with housework and made us dinner which was lovely. Hayley is now sleeping, so think I might duck off for a quick rest! Will post photos in the next couple of days!
I am loving seeing all the photos - gorgeous wee babies we have!
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 3:37pm

yay aussiegirl i'm glad iver ridge was nice once you got there. I;m hoping waterford is. Is waikato still assambles up there?? I soooo don't want to end up there by all means.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 3:37pm
CuriousG- I am so pleased to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel.......! Zec is also feeding for around 6 hours in the evenings,, with about 10min intervals in between feeds all evening. Its exhausting and every night I think, yay, he is filling up so he will sleep longer at night but no...

Welcome back aussiegirl! Cant wait to see pics of Hayley
J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by thomasina thomasina wrote:

Enjoy Wellington SER

Not staying in Wgtn, just flying there cause thats where mum and dad will be, they live in Waipukurau about 3 hours north of Wgtn.

Congrats and Welcome baby Hayley! Can't wait to see some pics!
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 5:50pm
I had a night of 2 hourly feeding on Tuesday - omg was I tired and fed up! But I didn't swaddle him so I think he may have been waking up more because of that. I swaddled him last night and he was back to his usual 3 - 31/2 hr sleeps so will definitely keep wrapping him that's for sure!

My little boy is getting so big now, he's almost 2lb heavier than when he was born!

Had to post this one cos it cracks me up every time I look at it!

happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 6:27pm
Yay - Ollie just had his first feed from both sides in a week! I saw the lactation consultant again today and she described my nipple as macerated . Still, at least he fed! I'm a bit worried about trying to do it again myself (he's due for a feed any time now) but hopefully it will all go smoothly. I feel a sense of dread every time he needs food. Can't wait until I look forward to it.

Yay for Hayley making it on time Aussiegirl. Good to hear that things are going smoothly.

We are pretty lucky (so far) - Ollie is sleeping pretty well at night most nights. He seems most unsettled during the afternoon and early evening so I'm hoping that the night thing lasts. I'm sure once he goes through a growth spurt we'll be all over the place.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 9:50pm
Congrats Tammy!! Cant wait to see pictures!

josephina your little boy is so cute!!! Love the little smile, Caden is starting to smile now aswell, its so cute

thomasina I know how you feel with the night time feeds, I dread them aswell, its cold and I feel like a zombie! Caden is waking 3 hourly so Im lucky there, but he had a really unsettled night on Tuesday and he would only sleep on my chest, everytime I tried to put him in his bassinet he would cry but last night was good, his last feed was about 12, then he slep through until 3.30, then slept till 8.30.

kateandahalf, my nipples were munted when I got out of middlemore, the pain was so bad and it made me feel sick with fear and dread at the thought of feeding him. When he latched on I cried cos it hurt so much.
I dont know how I did it but I did, I totally lathered my nipples in PureLan, and It really helped them heal, now feeding is fine, it hurts when he first latches on but then after a few seconds its fine.
Stick with it and I promise its gets better I didnt believe it, but it truly does get better.

Well Im off to lie on the couch before Caden needs feeding again, he is a little piggy today!

thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 10:03am
Cadensmum- yea I cant wait until my boy grows up and the night time feeds end...! 3hourly feeds are quite good cos it gives you just enough time to have a decent-ish sleep inbetween feeds.Zec has gone back to 3hrly, thankgoodness, cos the 2 hrlys were exhausting!

Kate- make the most of it while he is sleeping through the nights, it doesnt last... wont be long now and you will be a pro at breast feeding

Josephnia- I love the cheeky photo of your wee man! its so funny!!! Sometimes they can pull the funniest faces!

Zec is making grunting noises from his basinette so I better go and see whats up
MorgansMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorgansMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 1:57pm
Hey guys

Well Libby has just had her 3 week growth spirt and it felt like she was permantly attached to my boobs lol.
Now it's over and we are back to normal which is great, she sleeps fot about 4.5 to 5hrs at a time at night which I love, especially since I cant sllep during the day with having a 2.5 yr old to deal with as well.
The midwife came yesterday and my little fatty is now 8pd 1oz, shes growing way to fast
Morgan, Libby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 1:59pm
Afternoon Everyone,

How are all the mummys and babys today?
Caden had a huge sleep in this morning, he slept till 10am!! And so did I lol! He had his last feed at bout 6am so thats why he slept in like that, then he had another feed at 10.30 and fed for ages!
He is asleep in his hammock at the moment, he should be due for another feed soon, had his last one at 12.30.

I cant wait until Im not sore anymore, c sections really are the pits Im quite sore today, might have slept funny, my scar is a bit red on the side my midwofe pulled the stich from, feels bruised and swollen, but I guess thats normal after major surgery! Just makes it sooo hard to care for Caden, I need DF to do a lot of the work, I just feed and cuddle him, and change a few nappies, but the standing up is a mission as I start hurting and have to sit down, doesnt help that caden is as stong at a 2 yr old either!

Hope everyone is doing well, and YAY Jess had Max so she will be posting in here soon!!!

josephnia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 2:46pm
Just had our final mw home visit, Blake put on 420gm in the last week and is now a massive 3.26kg I can't believe he'll be due for his first immunisations next week, although I think I might delay them a couple of weeks.

Sheena how does Caden like his hammock? Blake LOVES his, and he tends to sleep longer in it as well. Last night he was so sound asleep in it that I slept on the couch so he could stay in it all night, I just didn't have the heart to wake him up and take him upstairs to his cot (and it meant I could watch the tennis during his feeds which made the time go so much faster )

J&Ls mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J&Ls mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 4:12pm
Why are you thinking of delaying the imms Jo?? Jorja had hers and she was fine, she is due for her next ones in a few weeks.

She's just been weighed and is now 4.26kg = 9lb 6oz! Yay!
J - born 26th April 2008
and
L - born 3rd Sept 2010

thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 3:13pm
Yay for the sleep- in Cadensmum and sorry to hear your still feeling sore after your section, I was given codiene which helped me alot in the beginning, but it doesnt take long for things to get back to normal. Altho every now and then my stitches pull a little. But just take it easy, which it sounds like you are anyway

Today is Zec's official due date and he is 22 days old already! Im glad he didnt arrive today cos it is snowing heavily! So I took him out for a quick photo, his first snow fall!! exciting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 6:22pm
Well, hopefully we are slowly getting the breastfeeding thing sussed. I've had a very teary last couple of days - crying through feeds as well as anytime I think about feeding - but the lactation consultant came today and Olie has just had his second feed on both sides today. My fingers (and everything else) are crossed in the hope that he continues. It is quite a battle to get him to stay latched on the right but I think it's because it feels so different cause of all the damage I did to it last week.

Sheena I don't envy you at all - I guess day by day you will be able to do more and it sounds like you have done well so far.

Funny eh Thomasina - Olie's due date is tomorrow so it's funny to think he will be two weeks old already.

Gosh I feel like I can't really concentrate on OhBaby at the moment - or anything much else - I guess my head is full of newborn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by josephnia josephnia wrote:

Just had our final mw home visit, Blake put on 420gm in the last week and is now a massive 3.26kg I can't believe he'll be due for his first immunisations next week, although I think I might delay them a couple of weeks.

Sheena how does Caden like his hammock? Blake LOVES his, and he tends to sleep longer in it as well. Last night he was so sound asleep in it that I slept on the couch so he could stay in it all night, I just didn't have the heart to wake him up and take him upstairs to his cot (and it meant I could watch the tennis during his feeds which made the time go so much faster )

Caden loves his aswell, he usually sleeps ages in it, I use it during the day, otherwise he just hangs out in his bouncer.
DF's parents came over today armed with gifts from all the rellies, Caden got lots of cool clothes Mostly bigger sizes so thats good cos I feel he is going to get big fast!
Im not feeling so sore today so my c section scar must be healing up well now.
I woke up this morning with the sorest boobs ever!! They were SO full, Caden hasnt had as many feeds today so he must have been getting heaps from each feed!
He is in in bouncer watching what DF and I are doing at the momment, he is so cute!

Natty_003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natty_003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 11:01pm

Heya,

Just thought id pop by and say that Blaise was born on the 26th of June at 7.13am, 6 pounds 8. (due date was 8th of july).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 6:54am
Sheena - I've been wondering about using our bouncer with Olie but wondered whether it would provide enough support for him yet - how are you finding it? Ours is quite upright so I'm thinking I might try to push the seat back a little bit more.

Congrats Natty and welcome to Blaise.
CaseysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaseysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 11:04am
Congratulations on your new arrival Natty_Wgtn
thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 1:08pm
I have also just started using the bouncinette because Zechariah is alot more wakeful now. At first he would just cry when I put him in it but now he seems quite happy. Its sort of upright but he seems to be able to support himself ok. Its nice to put him somewhere other than his bassinette when I want a break from him.

Congrats Natty on your safe arrival of Blaise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 47>