FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Words

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Words
    Posted: 06 June 2008 at 2:16pm
Watching Oprah, and this Australian woman reckons babies have 5 words, they had babies to prove the theory too, so freaky. The weirder thing is that I've actually heard these words myself with Cooper. Cooper is just sitting here watching it, like he understands...

Neh - Hungry
Owh - Sleepy
Heh - Discomfort
Eair - Lower Gas
Eh - Burp

They only apply to babies from 0-3mths.

Anyone else watching it?

Edited by .Mel
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 2:23pm
yep. I can recognise those sounds for sure. Wish I'd known about that 7 months ago!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 2:26pm
Me too.

She's got a DVD too which could come in handy for new mums. Her name is Priscilla Dunstan (Baby Language), so I guess you'd just google her.

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 2:30pm
Yep, very interesting

Edited by Red
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 2:30pm
DVD's called Dunstan's Baby Language.

I borrowed the DVD from a friend when Eden was first born and really didn't find it all helpful.
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 2:32pm
its really interesting and totally true, i learnt thomas's sounds but didnt realise all babies would do that! really enjoying it!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 3:28pm
as i just said on another post i couldn't figure out Ethan's sounds at that age either..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 4:01pm
i agreed with the eh and neh sounds - but jacksons tired sounds didnt sound ANYTHING like any of them!
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 4:09pm
Yeah I remember seeing it the first time it was on and also recorded it..Found it fascinating! Will have to see if it works with baby #2 cause Alyssa was a little older when I saw it.
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 8:31pm
LOL I can't remember last week let alone when my babies were 3 month and under LOL... interesting though
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 10:41pm
Samantha most definitley made all of those noises. I saw it on Oprah (must have been this time last year) and although it took some listening to recognise the sounds, once we had it made our lives soooo much easier. Sam went from being quite a grizzly baby to a very happy, calm baby.
They also said that if you learnt to recognise them and responded then babies tend to keep using them up until 6-9 months. Definitely true for us
   Sam still mades the 'Heh' sounds when she needs to burp.

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 10:43pm
Kates tired sound sounded more like RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats so interesting though- will pass that on to my friend thats due soon.
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Post Reply Post Reply