FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDouble stroller

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double stroller
    Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:51am
I was looking on TM and i came across this double stroller. I was wondering if anyone has it and what you do think of it...i like the look of it and i am very keen in getting one since it is the only i have seen that i like and is in my budget....lol...was looking at the Phil and Ted but it's a bit pricey!

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
Sponsored Links

kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 10:34am
Wat a cool looking buggy. I wish this was around when i had Ryan and Katelyn.
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:13pm
Wow, that IS cool! I saw a lady with one the other day but didn't realise you could turn the seats to face each other!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
AandRs_mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandRs_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 8:57pm
Deez
I have had one of those. They are very nice but very heavy. Would you be using it for walking or to get in and out of your car. If i remember rightly it was close to 20kgs i didnt have it long as i have a bad back and couldnt keep lifting it. They would be great for walking tho.
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 9:01am
I wanted it for both really....Is it really that heavy? That's really heavy aye?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandRs_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 12:36pm
It is auctuly called a Kolcraft Contours Option Tandem Stroller. Its weight is 52.5 lbs and it holds 40lbs in each seat. It does fold big. However alot of ppl love them. I did just wasnt any good for me when i had to lift it. Google the name as there are lots of reviews on the pram :)
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 12:38pm
Oh cheers for that i will do that now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandRs_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 12:40pm
Sorry that 52.5lbs is with the box which is 23.9 kg so yes i would think it was the 20kgs i thought it was. The reviews will help you heaps. Its a great looking buggy
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 1:24pm
Eek, 20kg IS heavy! My twin buggy was only 12 and that was bugger to lift.

Another thing - how small does it fold?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 3:10pm
Ok so I have just spent the last two days researching these lol

This one is actually the Chelino version

The one I want to get is the Kolcraft because you can attach a infant capsule to the back by removing the rear seat, this one is exactly same same except it cant be used with a capsule. I asked babybuzz on trademe and they said that they stocked Kolcraft previously but now only do Chelino *rolls eyes* just my luck. If anyone knows anyone who is selling the Kolcraft one then I would be very interested because you cant get them anywhere in nz just these Chelino ones. They r on ebay and amazon but I have no idea how to buy off there lol.

(From what I have read in reviews the flaw is how heavy they are and how you have to remove one seat before folding it down) I have the single version of this and love it!!! Its not heavy though

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 4:20pm
I saw that one where you can attach the car seat too...but i think i was on amazon or ebay reading the reviews.... there were a couple of bad reviews but the majority loved it..

They seem cheaper on there too....or is that a different currency i didn't really look at that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 5:02pm
I think it works out almost the same with the exchange rate.

The one that holds the carseat is the ideal situation and a much faster way of getting littlies in the car. Im just going to hold out until a second hand Kolcraft comes up on TM hopefully one comes up soon!! I have seen a few second hand ones but they have all bee chilino.

I agree that most people thought they were great and sure its not everyones cup of tea but as it stands I am looking at buying a phil and teds vibe which is $1100 plus extras and DP is NOT impressed Even though he said I should get a quality one that I wanted, he didnt realise they were more than $500 lol.

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 7:19pm
LOL same i wanted a phil and ted too, but not to keen on spending that much money...and my mum and MIL dont like the look of them...one child under the other.....so i am wondering if i should just get a pram with a toddler seat instead. DP thinks i dont need a double pram because Lycan will be walking every where...but my thoughts are he may get tired while we are out and need to sit down and have a rest. The toddler seat would be good for that but not so good if he wants to have a sleep.....so there i go again back at square one... i'm just not sure what to do!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 7:40pm
Nah when u go on long walks they will still need a buggy. I like this idea though!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:25pm
That sure does look cool but the weight is very off-putting. We have a particularly heavy one (Triton trekker with toddler seat in front) which is so awkward to lift in/out of the car/van that I have now left it at home for walks around the block, in favour of a simple double "umbrella" stroller.

Anyway, what about something like this?
(link)

Might be a cheaper and lighter alternative.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandRs_mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:53pm
Dam if only i still had my one of these as mine was the one with the carseat clip. Sorry laddies i cant help you out with that. They do look cool. I brought it because at the time i had a bugaboo and wanted a double that sort of had the same feel.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:06pm

Wow what an awesome pram!! Now If I ever had 2 babies that would be the way I would go!!

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 11:19pm
that is a really nice looking buggy (and nice price too!)

I just Googled it as well and none of the photos show either seat in a reclined position. So does that mean neither seat reclines?!!?!? Wouldn't be any good if you had a young baby (unless you always used the capsule)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 11:41am
Oh the first buggy we were talking about? Yup the seats recline but don't lay completely flat

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 7:41pm
I see that its been a while since this forum was posted in but I want to buy the Kolcraft 2009 Contours Options Tandem Stroller. I REALLY want it, but with all the conflicting stuff on line I am very confused. I would mean buying it on Amazon and shipping it to NZ so we would need to be VERY sure.

Check the link out here and let me know what you think.
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>