FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2008 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 762>
Author
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 10:04am
and Tilly is very cute
Sponsored Links

Gaelic Lass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 10:49am
Ta - thanks ladies! Tilly is cute when she's not crying!!

Man - the weather is so horrid here today - going to be marooned inside all damn day me thinks. Thank goodness I took the girls into town for a walk yesterday

Flissty - I am so sorry to hear of your problems with DH and his bonding with Bub's. It certainly can be very difficult for the Father in the beginning - especially as the Mother has so much one on one contact with the baby with feeding and all. Does your DH change Daniel and give him his bath? They are good things for him to do. Michael gives our girls their bath each day and he gets up to change Tilly in the middle of the night too, then brings her back to me to be fed. Because both of my girls had to be breastfed & bottle fed (with formula comps), Michael luckily gets to feed the girls some bottles too. Could you perhaps express some milk and bottle it so DH could feed Daniel sometimes??
Unfortunately, Post natal depression is a very real occurrence for men as well - we usually think it is women who always suffer & we forget the men in our lives too. I think OHbaby! magazine did a recent article on it didn't they? Might be good for you to get a hold of one and read Hope it all works out sweetie

thomasina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 12:00pm
Tilly is soooo cute!

Kye hope you start to feel better soon and your DH! I had the opposite of diarhea when I had Zechariah then a week later I finally let it all out! It was the awful, I think it was the codiene that caused all that. Yay for having heaps of milk! I also wear a bra to bed every night, otherwise I end up sleeping in a wet patch which is not the nicest feeling. I remember thinking I cant wait to get my body back after having Zechariah, but my body is still very much controlled by Zech, even tho he is now on the outside! lol
Im finding I cant wear my fav clothes as they are to awkward to BF in so I think I wil have to go shopping soon for some new BF friendly clothes..

Flissty hang in there- you have had it very tough! and it might just take some time for your DH to come round. I also had afew issues with my DH, but with him it seems to come and go, some days he doesnt wanna know he has a baby and others he is fine. But big hugs to you! and thinking of you..

Zechariah is now 6 weeks so I am really hoping he starts to settle into some sort of routine now, last night was terrible, he woke every 2hours for a feed, must be a growth spurt.
Also, anyone else using cloth nappies? I have just started using them and they are great during the day, altho they dont hold the wee in as much as sposies. Which is a bit of a downer but otherwise they work well.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 3:05pm
Hugs Flissty! Try not to get too stressed over the bonding thing, it really is early days and you and DH are both still recovering from a pretty traumatic experience! Kimmies is right, we did an article on PND in men in the last OHbaby! mag, if you haven't got a copy I can bring you one when we catch up this week. I like Kimmies ideas for including DH in Daniel's care too. Bonding is a funny thing, sometimes it's instant, sometimes it takes a long time. I bonded immediately with Maya and Chiara, but for various reasons the gremlins were 8 months old before I even started to LIKE them, let alone bond with them, up until that point I just resented them for taking up so much of my life even tho we planned to have them! But it did happen eventually, it just took time.

Hugs to you yoo Kye, I've had the throat infection this week as well but antibiotics seem to have knocked it on the head. Well done with the expressing, I express fed the gremlins from 1 week till they were 10 weeks old, it was such a mission!

Thomasina - we do cloth! Gremlins are in cloth during the day and sposies at night. I have a whole stash of cloth for Chiara but I got given a box of NB size Huggies so am trying to use them up before she outgrows them then will start with the cloth. What sort of nappies are you using? I have a mixed stash, mostly pockets but also some prefolds and AIO's.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 4:39pm

hugs flissty. I feel my dh is gettting a bit like that, he was good at  first but now he's just refusing to do anything cept cuddles with ryan. i'm so sick of getting up is it to late to send the baby back.

OMG my nails are soo long i can't understand it im a constannt biter and now i'm not.

Oh um i can't get ryan to bring up his wind i've raised his mattress slightly and rub tap his back for halff and hour somedays but he just can't burp.

Gah the grizzler is at work. 

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 6:02pm
Emma and Kye - sorry to hear you've both been ill - hope you feel better soon

Thomasina - i totally agree with you about our babies still ruling our bodies after they've been born. It is a total struggle to find good breastfeeding clothes - especially clothes for winter!! Last year with Georgia I bought a lovely black breastfeeding t-shirt from Egg Materntiy (but expensive)...but it is too cold to be wearing t-shirts at the moment, even with a jersey over the top. I find I get quite cold and shivery when feeding. I went into pumpkin patch & got an excellent white long sleeved top with cross over v-neck (on sale for $15!!). I also bought a couple of good merino cardigans & v neck jerseys for feeding too. Emma - a search & article on good breastfeeding attire for winter wouldn't go a miss on your site or in the magazine!! I did notice OHbaby! had a couple of pages of breastfeeding tops. I find that most stuff is online - and I would rather look at it first in the shop and try it on - plus it is the excitement of getting out of the house & shopping! lol..
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 6:57pm
I will pass that on Kimmies!

I wear the JK maternity singlets I bought when I was preg with the gremlins under my tops and then pull my tops up and my singlet down so it still covers my back and I don't get a chill across it. At night I feed in bed.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 7:56pm
DH is feeling a bit better today I think - I sent him to the pub with his mate for some time out. It's not that he doesn't want to do things with Daniel - he does all of the bathing, lots of changing etc; it's just that he's knackered. He had a good talk to my sister today and I think he's feeling a bit better that maybe it's just sleep deprivation. He's such a good Dad but doesn't have confidence in himself,.

I'm finding it depressing getting back into clothes - big jelly tummy! All my pre-preggy clothes are fairly tight so not that flattering. Oh well, if I have a newborn with me, I figure I'll get away with the spare tyre or 4!

Edited by Flissty
Mum to two wee boys
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 7:58pm
LOL I don't even think I could get one leg into my pre-Chiara jeans, let alone my pre-gremlin stuff! I've lost 9 of the 13kg I put on having Chiara but I'm still 30+kg heavier than when I got preg with the gremlins
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kallie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kallie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 8:41pm
Kimmies - Tilly is Gorgeous!! the photos are beautiful i need to figure out how to take good ones like that of Cruz!!

Sounds like alot of these July babies like to be awake alot at night!! if only the would just switch it around and have their wake time in the day and sleep all night!!!

I havent been brave enough to try on my pre pregnancy jeans yet, but am hoping they will fit as the swelling in my legs has gone back to normal finally so fingers crossed!!
Went to go shopping for some new clothes today , i need stuff thats more suitable for breastfeeding but only managed about 10 min before i was so sore i had to sit down and give up!!
Luckily for me it was cold here today so i had a thick jacket on because when i took it off once i was home i was soaking all down my front , where the breast pad hadnt worked , would have been SO embarrasing if id been in town without something to cover it up!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 8:44pm
That happened to me in WINZ when Maya was 6 days old Kallie They made me come in for a review appt even tho I'd just had a baby and Maya was hungry and screamed the place down but I wasn't confident to feed in public and my milk let down all over the place and soaked me, I was so embarrassed. These days it worries me less, the more kids you have the less dignity you hang on to!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Kallie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kallie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 8:51pm
lol oh no emma! I couldnt believe that i didnt notice though, i was completley soaked and didnt even realise untill i took off my jacket! that worries me coz if it happens again i probobly wont notice either!! haha
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 8:55pm
Ewww and it smells gross too! I am over smelling like sour milk already! It does settle once your supply settles tho.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 10:04pm
Re: the milk let down ....Ohhhhh ladies! Poor you! I've never had happen to me...I just don't seem to make enough. I find that mine only tingle when it's getting time for me to feed or I hear Matilda crying.

Thanks Kallie re: photos. I take way too many photos...it is in my blood....my father's a photographer/journalist, my sister has a photography arts degree & I was trained in TV/Film Production - cameras are a staple in our house...I was born with one in my hand Georgia is so used to me shoving a camera in her face, she turns and smiles for me!! ....lol.....

If you need some good pointers - page 40 in the Little Treasures Magazine (issue April/May - if you can get a hold of it from someone...) has a good "bright ideas' article on "Capture the moment" tips for DIY photography of newborns. There are some excellent tips in there.
Sorry Emma - not trying to plug another baby magazine......lol.... still think that OHbaby! far out does any other baby magazine on the stand

Loving the talk about clothes.....I have a whole wardrobe pre: Georgia that I will hopefully fit back into one day.... one day..... although was pleasantly amazed that I got straight back into my pre pregnancy jeans only 5 days after birth! Couldn't believe it. Now wondering if I had stretched them out a bit - cos I did wear them till about 35weeks in pregnancy with an extender band.
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 3:12pm
Kimmies, I was just thinking I needed to get out that LIttle Treasures article!

Here's Daniel, ages 7-10 days.

With mum

After the bath

Hanging in front of the fire
Mum to two wee boys
Kallie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kallie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 4:02pm
I must try and find that magazine too wonder if it would be on trade me?

Aw Flissty he's GORGEOUS!! especially love the black and white one!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 6:36pm
I've got it here Kallie, I could send it to you.

Daniel is gorgeous Flissty, and so alert!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 6:58pm

Beautiful pix Flissty! What a wee cutie.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 10:58pm
Am waiting up to feed Tilly and watching the ever trashy, but entertaining "Nip Tuck"..... thought I'd post a couple of pix I took last night of the lovely sisters Georgia & Matilda.....

Gi Gi and Tilly checking each other out....

Gi Gi watching TV and Tilly....well...Tilly is not so happy!
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:48am
Ok so I don't know if this is going to work, first time I've tried to post a pic: but here's one of the most recent photos of JJ...

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 762>