FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2008 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757758759760761 762>
Author
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:22pm
Kye - We did get a new mattress, but only because Issy was still using hers. Although now on his toddler bed it has Issys mattress. (He is day sleeping in the bed and cot at night).
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Sponsored Links

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 2:05pm

Ryan has spots. I'm not sure what they are. They look like pimples about the same size with clear fluid inside them. Only on his arms and a few on his face, its not chicken pox right. Will get him into the doc's tomorrow. He's not scratching them and he's not complaining of them being sore.

Went for  a walk around the lake this mornign and he fell over, poor kiddy has skinned knee's. Lucky I had plasters the bled a heck of a lot.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 2:12pm
Hate to say it BB, but it sounds an awful lot like chicken pox FX it isn't! How did Evelyn's b'day go?
SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:06pm
We got a new bassinette mattress and got the cot mattress professionally cleaned. That was for K, D got to use the dirty old one from K lol. Actually I did wash the bassinette mattress for her, poor second baby.

We went to a wedding yesterday, D did really well had a sleep in the pushchair at about 5.30 then had a huge meltdown at 7pm, two minute sleep while feeding and she was right as rain. I took her back to the motel at 9 though coz her eyes were hanging out on stalks.

K stayed at the IL's and has just fallen asleep on the chair in front of the tv, tired boy.

I'm getting a new phone - yay!

eta: the cot mattress wasn't really dirty. She'll be sleeping in the cot for the first time tonight after a week of day sleeps in there. I hope she sleeps ok!

Edited by SarahP08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:15pm
 they've been there a few days though, should they (the spots) be in other places?

Edited by BessieBear
Sarah Mum to,

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:25pm
if they haven't increased in number etc over the last few days, it may not be the pox just the fluid-filled blisters thing sounds like them!

Glad that you got to enjoy the wedding, SarahP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 3:26pm
I'm an auntie!!! My sister had a baby boy last night. Jacob Thomas, 7lb 4.

Sarah Mum to,

spicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:32pm
Jesse had the pox a week and a half ago. No idea where from. Ashley had her injection so she didn't get it.

SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:06pm
Yay sb congrats on being an auntie, boo for the pox!

K did a poo in the toilet tonight. First one ever! I'm very proud of him. Not sure how he managed to save some up for his nappy five minutes after he went to bed though

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:15pm
Oh we get that too Sarah! We had 3 nights of poos on the loo, but no more. I figure we've got enough on at the mo without forcing TTing!
Mum to two wee boys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:21am

Nice new alias fliss

Went to get the boy up this morning he was in the nude, had taken off hi spozie, spozie was very light, bed was dry. Not sure if he took it off this morni or during the night. Weird.

Jacob is in NICU. He came out my sister had him on her chest then he went blue and was rushed away. He is having a bit of trouble breathing.  He has tubes every where, and there not sure how long he'll be in there. She hasn't held him since or BF yet she's really not coping. I went in with her on Monday mornign to see him and as soon as he heard her he got all worked up. He really wants his mummy.   Yesterday they had him sedated cause he was beign stubborn and pigheaded (BIL's words) like his mum and not settling etc.

Sarah Mum to,

kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 11:10am
Awwww poor wee Jacob and massive hugs for your sister SB, I sincerely hope he stabilises and they can have cuddles soon xx

Things are ticking along here, TT is going really well, makes such a difference when they seem to have their head around the key concepts, i can see we may have an issue when we need to phase out the rewards as Hayden has latched on to the smarties reward system!! We go out in pull ups but wee before we go and he's used the loo at Marks n Spencer, at a restaurant and at playgroup in the past few days, waking up from naps dry too!! Not sure at what point I'll need to be brave and start going out in undies, definitely in undies full time at home now

I have a couple of weeks left to make my preliminary decision regarding how to birth baby girl, still no closer but the realities of a very small support network are almost making the decision for me - ie I opt for an elective or ask my mum to take 3 weeks off work and live with us on the understanding that I could go into labour at any time from 39wks to 42wks - the truth is I just don't feel the burning desire for the devine VBAC and don't get me started on the horror stories of vaginal deliveries that are abundant, but on the other hand if I had someone I could leave Hayden with at short notice if I went into labour naturally I would be happy to give it a shot... and there I am back at square one again!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 12:31pm

COuld you book an Elec c sec for a later date and if you went into labour naturally then not worry about the elec.

Jacob, has 2 collasped lungs, . Which apparently happen quite often and babies mostly heal up within a few days to a week. My sister was just here and she so worried about milk supply and even asked that if need be would i pump for her. I would at a drop of a hat.
Becasue of the gest diabetes J will have a better chance of not getting it if he is BF. So she doesn't want him to go on to formula which I understand but she's just really worried about the BFing.  

Sarah Mum to,

SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:51pm
Your poor sister and bubba. Is she in Waikato? (I assume so coz you said you went with her) If her nurse is Diane, thats my mum. I hope he recovers soon. Is your sister expressing?

scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:54pm
Oh man Sarahbetha what a rough start to life for little Jacob and a traumatic start to parenthood for your sister and BIL. I hope his lungs heal up quickly

Sounds like you are swaying towards an elective KK? If that feels right then just make the decision and you'll feel better once you have a plan in place. Are you still friends with mums from your antenatal class? I'm sure they'd be happy to look after Hayden at a moment's notice.

Got the Losec increased this morning and am already seeing an improvement, yay.

Went over to my neighbour's yesterday. She has a girl just a month older than Clara, and they are so alike and get on so well. Playdates, carpooling, Tupperware parties and street parties - very Desperate Housewives up here - love it though.

SarahP08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahP08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 2:08pm
Yay Anna! Wish we had neighbours like that, ours are either old or have teenagers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 2:08pm
Sarahp yeah he's at Waikato. I don't know who their nurse is. Cool you mum must have the best job, I think those ladies up there are aweome. Yes she's expressing I don't know how often,I just had a few words with some girls in my March thread who had premmies... and they've siad every 3 hours she must express. So have txt my sister. I'm gonig to sound like a right grump.   

*Sniff* Tupperware parties!!! I'm having one next tuesday and most of the people I've invited can't (or don't want to)come. At this rate its going to be my mum MIL and my little sister and maybe my big sis if she's not tied up with Jacob.

Sarah Mum to,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 2:09pm
Oh and where has TNN gone.

ETS never mind found it............ ORG.nz

Edited by BessieBear
Sarah Mum to,

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 2:17pm
oh poor Jacob BB! hope those lungs get better soon, your poor sister must be so hard

kk what a decision you have to make hun! if it were me I would have an elective cc, I wish I could have one this time around but I have no reason too, but at least you know when babies coming and dont have to go through labour

Anna glad the losec is working and yay for having neighbours for play dates etc!

Ive given up on the tt for now, is in the too hard basket, we really werent getting anywhere, so think I will wait until he is ready

Oh Jayden has his first hour at dc this Friday! they just go for an hour first time, I think he will love it!

Thanks for the info on the matresses, think I will resuse ours for sure, and use my aunts second hand hammock matress, or get a new one and keep that as a spare, sarah where did you get your matresses professionally cleaned? I may do that as Jayden was quite a spilly baby, even though we had matresses protectors
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 2:20pm
Me too kye. Some days we do nappies other days he'll be happy with pantless, other days we'll do undies. We're just doing it his way.
Sarah Mum to,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 757758759760761 762>