FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in March 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 728729730731732 733>
Author
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:08pm
Hi ladies.

Hope everything went well with EQC Ange.

And hope you had a better day Rachel. Hugs, it must be so hard adjusting to a newborn and having your DH say mean things to you.

Took Cody to Motat today. He seemed to enjoy it but he was a little scared when we were in a crowd. The friend I was with said her daughter went through the same thing of being scared easily so hopefully he gets over it soon.

Have a landagent coming to show people through the unit sometime after 5pm tomorrow. Right on the stressful part of the day. Hope they came close to 5 and not much later. Also means I have to tidy the place up and keep it tidy. Seems like whenever I put a toy back in Cody's room two more come out to replace it.

Rose is doing good. She is becoming a little chatter box and is slowly learning how to hold a toy and suck it. She seems to really like sucking her clothes and hands.

Good luck with your hospital appointment Manda. How exciting that we may more newborn photos to cluck over soon.
Sponsored Links

music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:44pm
Thanks for that thought salz. The issue we have with Charlotte is we have 3-4 or sometimes 7 days in a row where she stays dry all day then she'll have 3-4 days where she'll have at least one, sometimes up to 3, accidents a day. She doesn't seem to care or sometimes even notice she's wet, which has been a problem from the start. I am wondering if she actually knows how to use her muscles to hold on when she needs to go. Often it is that she doesn't want to stop what she's doing to go to the toilet, which is really frustrating. The other problem is that it feels like we've tried everything in terms of reward or punishment and nothing makes enough of a difference in her thinking to make her change the behaviour. We have sent off a urine sample to make sure she doesn't have an infection.
How did they find out what was wrong with you?

The lady who bought our bassinett came to pick it up today. I'm surprised at how sad it made me feel. I am totally happy with the fact we won't be having any more babies but it still makes me sad when these baby things leave our house.
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:02pm
I had similar symptoms I wouldnt go at the first hint and then I had no control over it. I think I was ok around home cause a toilet was close by but if I was out partcularly walking home from school I would never make it. My mum tried everything with me too. Have text my mum to ask how the doctor picked it up. I think I was still wetting when I was 7yrs old. Not saying this is wrong with Charloote but could be a medical reason?
Toni- Samantha is going through a scared at everything stage particularly anything her Dad has thats noisy eg. motorbike, lawn mower, chainsaw, I think it started because we had a jet boat which was pretty loud and I think she was really scared of it.

4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 10:49am
MM - my Cam sounds the same as Charlotte. He'll go for ages without having an accident, but then he'll start wetting again. He's having a bad patch at the moment and I got SO mad at him yesterday. He didn't even say he was wet and climbed up for a cuddle. It was so gross and he got a big smack and sent to his room. I'm SOOOO over it!! I'd never even thought of asking the doc about it though - I just figured he's a lazy little sh!t who can't be bothered going to the loo!

And I'm with you on being sad about cleaning out the baby things. Our bassinette is gone now too and I actually cried when it went. Get sad packing up the clothes Caleb grows out of too. Don't want any more kids, but it's still sad.

Well, my baby is sick. I think he's caught the chicken pox going around Cam and Lucy's daycare. It's going to be a fun week.
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 2:03pm
Oh no poor Caleb (and you GJen) Tessa was exposed to CP a few weeks ago and didn't get them luckily.

Went back to work today with Tessa as she still not 100% but will be back in day care tomorrow. Have to get her back sleeping in her own bed too.

Hmm Ange was it that asked, my new man does not have kids (wants some tho as i did ask him the other night i was like ahhhh hmmmm righty) we will have to talk about that one in the near future. Me and him took the younger 2 to the park on sunday and he was really into it and even pushed the pram haha, put up with some tantrums etc. Its going really well with him, going out to dinner and movies tomorrow night yay!!!! Oh he'll be 30 in september and he works as some electronicey guy, solders stuff or something, i keep forgetting

Oh 2pm already i really have to get off my butt and do some work roung the house.

Have a good day!!

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
princesspumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 2:56pm
Might have to change your handle to Mumto5!! ;)
4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 3:58pm
or 6 or 7, depending on how many he wants!!!!
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:57pm
My appt sucked. Im so upset tonight, i think im really tired and also over it all, tummy is now measuring 45 weeks, but i have to wait!

Will post more tomorrow when hopefully i feel a bit better.

Ali sounds like you have met a really nice man! Go you!!!!

BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 8:18pm
hahahahaha you girls are funny, i really thought my having baby days were over, we will see what happens i guess. Wonder what 2012-13-14 will have in store!!

Awww Manda i feel for ya hun, not alot longer to go now aye, try rest as much as pos (easier said than done)

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
4monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 8:58pm
Just got some really really really sucky news. One of my good friends recently had a brain tumour removed and has found out that it was a Grade 3 (4 being the worst) so malignant. She now has to start 6 weeks of radiation followed by 8 months of chemo. And, even then, the prognosis isn't good as there's a really high likelihood of recurring tumours. She has 2 small boys and it's just not fair!
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:43pm
Aww that sucks Jen, big hugs for you and your friend. What an awful year she is going to have, I hope that the treatment works for her.

Manda, sorry to hear your appointment didn't go well. Wow, its possible to measure at 45 weeks?? Hope that bubba manages to make his appearance very very soon.

Hope all the sick kiddies are feeling better soon.

Hey, Rachel and Ali, I'll most likely be in Masterton the week after next (Mon 13th to Fri 17th) because DH is working in the field for a few weeks in a row, and only coming home for weekends. I'm predicting I'll be utterly exhausted trying to look after Campbell, Squeak and myself all by myself, so thought I'd enlist my parents help for the middle week! Anyway... thought I could drive over to Lower Hutt one of those days, if you two are keen for a catchup. And of course, anyone else keen for a catchup who might be able to make it!
mrsturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 10:56pm
aww that sucks Gjen lots of hugs to you and your friend..

Manda - sorry your apppt didnt go well. hopefully your wee man will stop stressing his mummy and come out soon!

Mm - Hope the tt gets better, we are still just offering every hour or so and when we change nappies she turns it down a wee bit but when she dose aggree she goes so i guess thats good still wearing nappies full time though.

lol Ali youll have a rugby team.

we have been cleaning out baby stuff too i totally understand the sadness.

not much happening here, hubby is having a week of work next week since he has tooo much leave owing we are just going to chill at home and do some round dunedin activites will be nice though he took 2 weeks off for charlies birth but thats it he was even on call christmas day.

queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 7:24am
Hi ladies,

Haven't posted in ages!!!! Partly due to slackness and partly due to sleep deprivation/work! Kaia moved into her room over the weekend and the first couple of nights were a fiasco consisting of a lot of screaming from both children and very little sleeping for anyone Last night she slept right through though, yey!!! FX I don't jinx it.

Oh Manda, sorry you had such a crap appointment, and wow, 45 weeks! You'd think they'd want to whip that little guy out ASAP. Hang in there hun, the end is in sght!

GJen, sorry to hear about your friend, that's awful. I know how you feel, I have a very dear friend I've known since primary school who has battled recurrent brain tumours for about the last 10 years. One came back last year, grade 4. Was petrified she wasn't going to make it but she has just finished her last chemo and has been given the all clear! So there is hope, but it is a pretty sh!tty road to travel, and the damn things might come back.

Hope all these TT kids sort themselves out soon!!

How come the landagent is coming today Toni? Are you moving out or is the unit on the market?

Hope all went well with the EQC, Ange!

WWJen, wow go you on the cycling!! I'd be a tad sore after that too! How's that wee bean doing?

Ali, so glad the new guy sounds so nice!! While all these other ladies are shutting up shop, you might have to stay open now, hehe! I'm not shutting up shop just yet either, hoping to convince DH for one more in a couple of years

Right, better get going, BBL!!!

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:33am
Ok will properly update now.

I had a growth scan yesterday, Baby boy is roughly 7.5lbs, so not huge, but the reason im measuring so big is the 14cm pocket of fluid i have. They just cant find a reason for the fluid, and as baby is fine they wont do anything. New rules are not to do elective before 39 weeks due to breathing issues for the babies etc, But i thought with the amount of pressure the fluid is putting on my scar and the risk of it rupturing they might do something, but apparently not. They will only do something if i go in to labour. So i left really upset as im sick of being in so much pain, scar burns and itches all the time.

Today i just had a call, they have a spot for the 9th June, a week earlier... i said most def i will be there, then she calls back oh but you wont be 39 weeks, sorry i need to speak to someone higher to approve. After 30 mins she calls and says yes he has agreed, so only a week to wait instead of 2, im much much happier, now to enjoy just my big boy for a week!

Sorry to hear about your friend jen. how horrible.

Agree QB need some others to keep the shops open, as i will be closing!!!

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:53am
Oh Jen that is just awful about your friend, how on earth do you deal with something like that? I suppose you have no choice and fight it with all your might! That was positive news from queenbean though with her friend going into remission with a high grade tumor. Never lose hope!
Queenbean hope the nights start getting better for you. I am a bit nervous how I will cope with the newborn waking Samantha waking overnight. I didnt do too well the first time. At least this time I have learnt a lot of lessons though
Gosh Manda 45 weeks, that must be soo uncomfortable. I had Sam out by c section at 37 weeks, I suppose so long as its not putting you or baby in danger the longer he is in there the better.
Havnt heard from Rachel in a while which is unlike her, hope everything is ok, hope it didnt seem like we were bombarding her with advice about her DH.

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 4:07pm
Hi I'm here just been trying to keep on top of housework (and failing lol) so have been reading but not posting. All good though, DH is trying his best to be nice so it's a bit less stressful here. He won't go back on his meds or see anyone about it though, as much as I tell him he should it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes!!

Hope you don't have to move out already Toni!

That's so sad about your friend GJen hugs for you good to hear Lan's positive-outcome story and that there is hope...

WWJen, that would be awesome to see you if you come down! Fair enough enlisting your parents' help too!!!

Ali, good luck with the babies talk! Would you be happy to have more? I remember you saying you wanted 6 at one stage

BFing question for those with younger babies (or anyone else who remembers back to the newborn stage lol) what can I do about one side being really sore? The next feed (whenever he wakes up) is due to be from the sore side and I'm not looking forward to it I squeal when he latches on to that side and it pretty much hurts for the whole feed. It is somewhere on the nipple that is hurting but I can't see any cuts etc (it's been sore for about a week) and then after the feed it keeps hurting for a while. I rub on lansinoh cream after every feed so hoping it will get better soon! (also my breastpad always sticks to that nipple and I have to peel it off OUCH) the other side is fine! Oh no he's stirring, wish me luck!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 4:48pm
well I figured out why it hurts - I don't know how I missed it before but there is a rather large cut on my nipple, about half a centimetre long and half a millimetre deep. It's not bleeding tho, but weeping which would be why the breastpad sticks to it I wonder how it's going to heal when he keeps feeding off it. Tried expressing but that's worse as the pump rubs on it... gtg just got puked on (he takes after Chelsea in that department lol)
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 5:46pm
Yes my unit is very sale QB. It was both units and the land behind but I guess the owners have decided to just sell my unit. I have signed a year lease so don't know what will happen if the new owners want me out. I don't have the money to move somewhere else yet. But I would be very surprised if it sold quickly anyway.

Hope you heal quickly Rachel. Don't have any advice on fixing it though.

Went to get my seperation agreement signed today only to be told that I have to get a lawyer to go through it which would cost around $200, money I don't have.

Glad you have an earlier date Manda.
music_mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music_mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:03pm
Ouch!! Have you tried nipple shields Rachel?

Fingers crossed your unit doesn't sell for a while Toni.

Yay for the earlier date Manda, you must feel relieved. We will all be waiting excitedly for news of the new arrival.

We are planning a trip to Palmerston North from 15-20th June, anyone around for a catch up?
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:42pm
Glad you at least have an actual date to look forward to, Manda! So if you started to go into labour naturally before then, I'd gather they'd just send you straight in for a C-section?

Rachel, that sounds really ouchies! Maybe ask your midwife or doctor about whether you can treat the cut with something else as well as the Lansinoh?

Well, I finally have a midwife, and have a dating scan booked for Saturday. Yay, can't wait! I had my first real decent bout of MS today, no vomiting but felt really yuck so lay on the sofa for an hour or so. Thankfully Campbell was happy sitting/lying on me for much of the time, watching TV.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 728729730731732 733>