FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbest amber teething necklace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 8:28am
My girl wears hers all day, during all her naps. If my DP remembers, he takes it off at night (he is supposed to but is a tad forgetful). We've never had any problems with it. Ours is designed to "break" at the clasp if it's pulled on, so sometimes when we get her up in the morning it's in her bodysuit instead of around her neck, it also ends up in her clothes during the day if she plays with it.
Sponsored Links

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2009 at 9:13pm
My understanding is they should be taken off for sleeps because they can make their way into mouths (by way of little hands) and become a choking hazard if a bead comes off. Apparently Starship has had an increase in incidents from teething necklaces.

ETA: We have a picopico one and it works fantastically.

Edited by Bobbie

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 11:27am
It would also depend if they have a breakaway link because Livvy has pulled hers off a few times and if she did that while in bed I know it would eventually end up in her mouth. We've never let her sleep in hers overnight for that reason.

Even so, I still prefer the breakaway clasp just so as that it doesn't become a choking hazard when she's playing.
Sheralyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheralyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 2:43am
Thanks for all the tips & thoughts... they are much appreciated!
skp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2009 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Jezsika Jezsika wrote:

Research shows amber yields on dry distillation succinic acid, the proportion varying from about 3 to 8%, and being greatest in the deep brownish-black colors, pale opaque colors destitute of succinic acid. "

So is it better to buy a light or dark one? Sounds like the dark ones are stronger, is that better?
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 4:02pm
Hmm I've just been told that the lighter ones are best is this true. Also. Does anyone have more recommendations. There are loads of sellers on TM.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Star51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:52am
Hmm, so is it best to spend a bit more money (like $35 or more) or is a $20 going to do the same job? I've heard of them before, but never took much notice ... now my girl is really teething and it's time to ACT!! Also, is it better to buy them from a baby store (online cos it's hard to get out), or is TM ok?? I guess what I'm asking is, are there teething necklaces and teething necklaces or are they much of a muchness? Thanx!!
Birth_Power View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birth_Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 10:20pm
We sell amber teething necklaces . A lot of the ones you find on trademe are the chipped type with sharp edges hence the reason they are cheaper.

Our ones are rounded and polished which give better skin contact and are comfortable for baby. We currently use one on our 4 month old daughter and it makes a huge difference. Feedback from our customer also backs this up. There are variety of colours to choose from

Feel free to ask any questions

Edited by Birth_Power
Tweedle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:29am
We have them also - lots of different shades....
Mum to Ellie, Dylan & Lauren
Star51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:42am
Hi Tweedle - since you sell them, you're probably best to answer this for me - are there teething necklaces and teething necklaces or are they much of a muchness? I see some have commented about the sharp edges, but is that the only difference? Are some from different origins better than others? Thanks so much! SarahR
Tweedle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweedle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 2:13pm
Sarah - I think you just need to be careful they are the real deal and buy from a reputable retailer. Also be sure the necklace is knotted between each piece of amber.

Sharp vs rounded edges really is a peference.

Best of luck
Mum to Ellie, Dylan & Lauren
Star51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:01pm
Thanks Tweedle for the advice!!
JuliasChild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliasChild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

thought i would start a new post for those of us looking into these ...
whose got any recommendations?

Majority of Amber is manufactured in Poland and Lithuania - i would advice to buy directly from there cause there is lots of Fake amber now. If you want to go local way - you SHOULD ask for amber certificate, you can't differ real from fake your self. My friend owns Amber For Babies and sells them in US, he says close to 30% of amber teething necklaces are fake.
MarieDoran237227 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarieDoran237227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 3:04am
There are loads to choose from at Love Amber x
They have pretty gemstones too
see here for the ranges. There's some lovely silicone jewels too https://www.loveamberx.co.uk
MarieDoran237227 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarieDoran237227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 3:05am
There are loads to choose from at Love Amber x
They have pretty gemstones too
see here for the ranges. There's some lovely silicone jewels too
Gemstone jewellery, all Genuine Lithuanian amber Amber anklets necklaces
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12