FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126>
Author
mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 9:50pm
Ah no, the end of the naps! Mind you getting 3 and a bit years was pretty good Charli started doing the same as Ethan: too refreshed, and she would spend literally 3 hours getting off to sleep at nights. I suppose that's the same with us grown ups too though: if I (get a chance to have a!) nap, unless I'm really tired, I am awake longer at nights.

Yep the time is getting closer with me 28 weeks in a few days so the end is nearing! Been having a very hard time this pregnancy with pelvic/hip joint problems. Poor Charli has another 3 months of Mama not being able to play with her and the baby's not even here yet! Bright side...maybe it's getting her used to having to play by herself and having other people help her???

Still Valentines day next year isn't too far away

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
Sponsored Links

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:17pm
Just bumping our forum up again.  Hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas!  Ethan is really into Christmas this year, its very cute!  Not so cute, he has had chicken pox, spots are all crusted over now so he will be okay for Christmas day, waiting nervously to see if Dylan gets it though!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:12am
Alex is the same Leanne. He keeps going on about Santa coming to visit him and bring him presents    How has Ethan coped with chicken pox? I am not looking forward to Alex having them as he is such a terrible sick person, he is like me and hardly ever gets sick but when he does its always a bad case so not fun. We actually had our first tummy bug and ended up taking him to emergency as he would just not have anything to help him out he is such a stubborn little bugger

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2011 at 10:33pm

That's no good about Alex having a bad tummy bug Heather!  Gosh, not long until Baby No 2 arrives!  Hope everything is going well and you are coping with the hot weather. 

Re chicken pox, the first couple of days after the spots appeared were the worst, night time in particular, Ethan just couldn't get comfortable and would scream in pain, gave him the Loratadine med the dr gave us and some Paracemetmol as required which did seem to give him some short term relief.  The third day, I went and bough some Calamine lotion and smoothered that over him and he did sleep a lot better than night (but perhaps he would have anyway!).  After that he was fine and by about 5 days after the spots appeared they started crusting over and I was able to take him to his final morning of preschool last Friday (he is starting at afternoon kindy next year).  No sign yet of Dylan getting chicken pox so really hoping that he might not get it this time around as I have read that kids who have excema can sometimes get a more severe dose of chicken pox!

Ethan was very enthusiastic about opening his Christmas presents, had to stop him from opening Dylan's as well (which he seems to think are his anyway).  We had a lovely Christmas Day with lots of family around and now we are looking forward to my brother arriving from England in two weeks time (to attend my Dad's wedding on 14 January).  The following weekend is Dylan's first birthday so the next month is rather busy!

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 1:12am
Ooh, I just realised that this will be the first post of the new year on this thread. So, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!

Wow I can't believe Dylan is nearly one Leanne! How time flies! Is he still clear for chicken pox? I hope so :S Hope you have a lovely time with your brother :)

We had a lovely Christmas with two very excited preschoolers and many many places to be at once for various meals. Was lovely seeing all the family a few times over, although the girls were thoroughly exhausted by Christmas night. We've followed that up with nearly 10 days completely at home (with Mike working between the stats) toilet training Kaitlyn. Who just so happens to be a star at keeping dry, am so proud of her!!! She also had her tongue tie laser surgery op a month ago (or so) and her speech has jumped ahead in leaps and bounds as a result, very exciting (made the trauma worth it as it was quite a full on experience for mummy who had to hold her down during the procedure. She was sedated so doesn't remember, but I sure do!).

Bethany is absolutely loving kindy, though was very ready for the holidays after her 8wk start to being a kindy girl. Her imagination and creative play has grown in leaps and bounds, and she absolutely loves drawing and writing - can write B, e, o, a, H confidently. She's going to love words like her mummy, I can already tell! Oh and she drew her first identifiable picture of our family about a month before Christmas so we did collage canvas paintings together with Kaitlyn and glued her pictures of grandparents etc. on top for them to unwrap for Christmas. And one of our family for daddy that we have proudly on the wall :) She's soooo curious about everything and comes up with the amazingest (I'm sure that's a word ;) comments and questions. On our way home from Christmas shopping: "Mummy, shopping is hard work, eh!" Then, "Our money is in lots of different places, isn't it mummy?" When asked what she means: "Because we give lots of different shops our money when we buy things." Priceless.

*hugs* to all, I'm looking forward to hearing of news of new babies before long! (My turn to live vicariously through others ;) Hmm, must go. Don't look too closely at the time of this post, I had far too much coke zero today then polished off practically a whole block of chocolate in front of a dvd tonight... for some reason sleep just isn't coming lol.

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2012 at 10:14pm

Happy new year!  Wow Kristy, Kaitlyn must be a very clever girl to be ready for toilet training at 19 months!  Sounds like Bethany is loving kindy.  Ethan starts this year, I'm hoping he might become more interested in drawing, he only does a quick scribble and loses interest at home.   Unfortunately Dylan has gotten chicken pox, first spots appeared New Years Eve, hes had a couple of restless nights but today didn't seem quite so itchy so hopefully the worst is over, he has lots more spots than Ethan had, especially his face so he will probably still have them on his birthday, as Ethan's spots are still visable three weeks later!

I think I was up around the time you were on the computer, trying to convince Dylan he needed to go back to sleep! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2012 at 1:24pm
happy new year!!!

hope you are getting through the chicken pox ok Leanne. thanks for sharing what it was like, it's good to know :-)

We almost had a scare here: we were taking care of a baby and her big sister then the next week they got chicken pox, a week after that, right on Xmas, Charli was very grumpy and had some spots come up...but it didnt eventuate to anything- phew!

wow thats great about the toilet training, what a clever wee girl Kaitlin is!

xmas was fantastic its so much more fun when you have preschool age kids! new years was quiet for us but thats ok, I reckon its too close to xmas anyway

having a hard time with baby #2, not really looking forward to it which is sad. think just cuz Im so worried about having a really awful birth again and its hard to imagine doing that again...with a toddler to look after as well...and no family support this time...

still Charli-Rose and I have been having lots of 'mama & daughter dates' as we call them, enjoying summer and spending the last few weeks of it being just the two of us

Edited by mummytobesep08

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2012 at 1:48pm
Lol to being up at the crazy hour of my last post Leanne - the things we mothers of little ones do eh?! ;-)

Big big big big big hugs Amelia, I hope and pray that you are completely surprised by a totally peaceful and uncomplicated birth this time, and that you're blown away by the support around you even when your family aren't there. Glad you're enjoying the last few weeks of just having Charli-Rose, I'm sure she'll be completely smitten with her new wee sibling in no time :) I'm sure it can only get better after all that you went through last time! And even with PND, at least you are aware of the signs and etc. firsthand, so if it becomes an issue then it will be spotted and treated straightaway. I think you are absolutely amazing for choosing to give Charli-Rose another sibling in spite of how difficult it was with her and I'm sure that you'll decide that it was absolutely and totally worth it. Praying you all bond together sooo quickly and sooo tightly that you simply can't imagine life any other way :-D

If it's any help, even though I had an amazing birth with Bethany, I was definitely nervous leading up to Kaitlyn's birth, I think mostly because I knew too much about what was coming! But, like most worry, it eventuated to nothing. I hope the same happens for you x

(And remember, we're all here if you need to talk, so please let us help if we can ;-)

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 9:33am
thanks Kristy, means a lot

haha yea I've heard a few people say that they were more nervous 2nd time round with the birth because they knew how much it hurt!

I've got a 2nd Obstetrician appointment next week at the hospital so hopefully we can sort out how this wee one is gonna come out! I'm sure if I have a less traumatic birth this time- natural or not- then everything will be great, just need a more peaceful start to life with baby this time

Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 9:36pm

Not too long to go now Amelia, all the best for a stress free (well as stress free as childbirth can be) birth, and like Kristy said, we are all here if you need to "talk".  Make sure you accept any offers of help with housework, cooking, looking after Charli-Rose etc in those first weeks, makes such a difference (unfortunately I live a bit too far away to help with any of that!).  

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 11:32pm
Thinking of you Amelia... how are you going???

How is life treating you with your two little ones Heather?

Has Ethan started kindy yet Leanne?

I bought Kaitlyn a tiny wee backpack that just fits her lunchbox and drink bottle and a spare pullup in it, and she strutted around the house calling it her 'kindy bag' for the first week lol! Had to gently explain that it didn't mean she was big enough to be a kindy girl yet. Very cute.

Bethany shared news all by herself at kindy on Monday - I had no idea it was coming so didn't get a chance to help her plan what to say, and she had no qualms about telling everyone about the Hairy Maclary book that granny bought her a month or so ago! So proud of her, she's grown so much in confidence in the last few months!! :-D

twins in heaven Oct07
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 1:18pm
aww your girls sound so cute Kristy! Alex is very keen to go to school with his Aunty Amia (she is 8 and we see her when we go to playgroup as its attached to her school) He says she is her teacher

We are doing well with our two boys. I can't remember if I told you all but we were meant to be having a girl so got a lovely surprise when Michael arrived. He came way to fast and feet first. We were meant to be going to Hamilton for delivery but had to stop halfway and deliver him at the birth centre in Morrinsville with the help of their on call mw who arrived just in time and was given the big surprise of ambulance at the door and feet hanging out    Was a rather scary experience but all went well and we were home that night. Alex is totally in love which is great as I was worried that he would be very jealous but he is great with his little brother.

Hope you are all doing well
Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 5:04pm

That would have been scary Heather but glad to hear Michael arrived safely in the end and that Alex is a great big brother!

Kirsty, yes Ethan has been at kindy for just over a month now and loves it, each morning he asks me hopefully if hes going to kindy today, am not looking forward to the first lot of holidays however at least Easter is the first week so he'll have Dad home for a few days.

Had an unexpected hour of peace today, had just put Dylan down for a nap then Ethan decided he needed a nap too on one of the lounge chairs, hes just woken up wondering where he is!

becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 12:48pm
Wow what a birth story Heather gald it all went well!

Kade is starting Kindy in two weeks he has his first visit today he is very excited I hope he likes it! Glad to see Ethan enjoys it Leanne!

becky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 5:20pm
Wow it has been quiet in here we all must be busy with all our children! Cant beleive we will have four year olds soon!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 8:30pm
I know Becky! Scary huh? How are you and your 3 littlies getting on?
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 9:32pm
Hi all - it's been sooooo long, is anyone still here?  How are you all doing?  Love to all!   Kristy :-)

twins in heaven Oct07
Lea455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lea455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 2:34pm
Hi Kristy, I still check the forum from time to time to see if anyone has posted recently. Ethan is at morning kindy now, 5 mornings a week.  He is 4 next Wednesday!  We are off to the Wiggles concert on Sunday so thats his main birthday present!  Dylan is coming up 20 months old, a real wee boy now, very bright and has a very determined personality, we hear the word "No"  quite a lot!  He still has quite bad ezcema, waiting on an appointment with a dermatologist at the moment, hopefully they might have some more suggestions.  How is your little family?

kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:42am
Hi all, long time no see again... still can't believe Bethany is 4 now, and Kaitlyn is almost 2.5yrs old.  Time flies!  Life has been busy for us - I've been doing Tupperware since March, and am almost at the end of a 15wk contract teaching position.  That, combined with a really bad winter of all of us (esp the girls) catching everything that went around, has definitiely kept us on our toes!

Leanne, it's so cool how much they love kindy eh!  Bethany can't wait to get there.  She's on 4 days (mornings really, since it's 9-1:30)  at the moment while I'm still working, but we'll drop back to 3 days in a few weeks when I finish. It's been a great learning curve but I'm glad I'm finishing soon!

Has anyone heard from Amelia??

:-)

How are you doing Becky & Heather?

:-)

twins in heaven Oct07
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 1:51pm
Wow just thought I would come and have a peek in here up pops our thread in the active posts (quite funny considering it hasn't been touched in a long time) How is everyone? We are all good here. Alex is ready for school and we have started the process of sorting that all out. We already go to playgroup at the school two days a week so he knows most of the kids and is pretty sure he is ready to go now thanks Mum and it will be all right I will come visit at playtime :D Think I am not looking forward to it quite so much.   Michael has slotted in well and loves his big brother to pieces! He won't know what to do when he isn't here all the time but come October there will be a new baby to keep him company :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126>