FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Due May 2009**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 298>
Author
KTPie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTPie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2011 at 12:46pm
Woohoo!! Congrats Tibby!! That is awesome news Sounds as though it was all a bit dramatic - fingers crossed you get the all clear tomorrow.

Hope its all going well with them both at home on your own - I found that first time terrifying!!

We were all down and out with colds last week - NOT fun!! K is away for the weekend with her grandparents so we are having a little bit of downtime which is nice, although I always miss her when she's gone!!

Hope those of you in Chch are managing ok. My thoughts are with you

M is squawking so had better go and get her
Sponsored Links

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 5:20pm
YAY congrats tibby! Love the name too. Birth sounds very dramatic, glad you are both ok though and hope scan goes well.

KTPie, there must be something going around, H was down all weekend with a cold, and now I think DH and I both have it. Luckily M seems to just have a snotty nose although she is sleeping an awful lot so potentially will have it as well.

How's TT going for everyone? We are trying the Nigel Latta approach, currently in stage 1: motivation. He is not too motivated though!!! Must be patient.
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2011 at 9:39pm
Congrats Tibby!! So pleased he's arrived safely and hope scan comes back all good for you. Eek on the first time home alone with the kids! Let us know how it goes.

I've just got 2 more weeks till due date and am getting excited. But what's with getting carpel tunnel in pregnancy?! Did anyone else have that? When I wake up in the mornings I can hardly bend my fingers and it hurts to change L's nappy. I'm told it'll go after baby is born, but it makes me really feel for those that have carpel tunnel permanently. Nasty.

TT is going very slowly here. L is telling me as soon as he's pooed his nappy which is fantastic, but can't get anything pre-emptive yet. He's done wees in the potty often and understands the concept, but he gets so excited about it that he cuts off the flow to take a look and won't do anymore. Then he fills a clean nappy shortly after. Good times, lol! He seems pretty comfortable with using a potty though and understands the process, we just need to get him knowing when he needs to go rather than after the fact.

It seems like a wonderful dream to think of having a kid not in nappies!
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 11:27am
When does this first layer of fog clear lol? I know l eventually ended up being a functioning person again l just can't remember when!

Wills is doing well at this stage. He's managed to damage my nipples just like his brother so feeding is not pleasent but l was expecting that it's just disappointing and makes everything much harder when you're so tired.

Ollie is tolerating him as long as he doesn't cry, otherwise he gets told NO very loudly the poor thing. Have had a few hrs on my own with them and survived but after only 10 mins yesterday all 3 of us were in tears at the same time lol. Guessing there will be more of that to come.

Anyway going to go and eat whilst the going is good as completely missed lunch yesterday!
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 12:19pm
Congratulations Tibby! Welcome to the world William

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough time, can I ask how long you were in labour for before they caesared you? I think that is my worse fear in trying for a VBAC only to end up having another emerg.caesar!
How did the scan go?
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 12:23pm
Oh and a question for everyone...

What time are your ratbags going down for PM sleep and how long do they sleep for?

Ta!
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 3:22pm
MrsB, l labour very quickly so the plan was made with my mw and hospital dr l saw a/n that if l hadn't delivered either enroute or soon within arriving then l would probably need anothe cs.

My waters broke at 22.45, started tightening and left for the hospital, on arrival at 23.45 l was fully and pushing. William was in the op position(same position Oliver got stuck in) so at that point the decision was made for em cs. Pretty cut and dried with me tho. What was the reason for your cs last time? Scan was all clear thank you.

Oliver goes down for a sleep at about 12.30 ish but often earlier for his Porse carer. He protests every time tho.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 7:04pm

Congrats Tibby!  Welcome to the world of 2 hehe

LL and Muz- glad you're both safe after the quake. So bad isn't it  I feel so useless here. Can't do much except donate $$, which I've done, but still....

Special K- how's 2 in a room going? I'm thinking of doing that when Scarlett is 6 months old...but I'll watch you with interest first hehe

Glad your pg is going ok now Mrs B, jeez it's moving fast isn't it?

All good here, have settled into a pattern and thank god and all his minions that this time I got a baby who SLEEPS . I feel your pain on the toddler not sleeping thing Kitkat

littleLittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleLittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:54pm
Congrats Tibby! Sorry to hear that the birth didn't go to plan but pleased to hear you're all ok. Hope things settle into more of a routine for you soon.

MrsB - Benjamin goes down for a sleep about 12.30 / 1.00 at home and sleeps for anywhere from an hour to 3 hours. At daycare he goes to bed about 11.30 and will probably only sleep for an hour if we're lucky.

Katrina I can't believe you have less than two weeks to go now! Wow - that seems to have gone fast. Probably not for you though!!

Thank you for the lovely offers for help ladies. We're ok down here. Just being continually rattled with aftershocks which we are feeling a lot more this time round as they are closer to home. We just had a big 4.5 quake before which felt like it was building to a big one and felt like it was centred right underneath our house (which it wasn't!). It's very hard though trying to live normally though when you're constantly in fear of another big shake. My DH wants us to leave town next weekend when there is supposed to be another big one (according to the moon man!) so we're working out what we're going to do. Crazy, crazy times!

KitKat - I'm so pleased your DH was okay too. Must have been awful for him being here and awful for you knowing he was down here. Hope he's recovered from the experience.
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:18am
MrsB, H goes down about 12.30-1pm too and sleeps anywhere between 1.5 to 3 hours.
Tibby, we can come round one day and give you a hand? At least H and Oliver can play together and be entertained. Or you can come round here once you are up to getting out and about.
Emmecat, haven't got them in the same room yet - have the cots set up dormitory styles and everything else ready but little miss is still little and is in her moses basket in our room.

Does anyone else's kid stuff their face? H seems to have no concept of chewing, swallowing, then next mouthful... he stuffs it all in his mouth. yuck
Joscia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joscia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:12pm
Hi everyone!
Congrats to all the new mums!

Wow - it's been a REALLY long time since I posted here
I kind of feel like a bit of an impostor these days though - since nearly everyone else is either pg, or well on to #2 already. I feel like a bit of a 'pretend parent' since I'm still quite content with just Gus, am loving being back at work, and still have NO desire whatsoever to have another child... hmmm, anyway...

Mrs B - Gus is the same as the others. He goes down between 12 and 1pm, and will do 1.5 to 3.5 hrs. He's normally pretty good at going down during the day though - he'll lie down and he's gone within a couple of minutes with no fuss. (Unlike during the evenings when he'll faff about for a good hour or so, chatting to himself before he'll fall asleep)

Special K - yep, Gus does that. He's only just learning the concept of 'bite' - taking a bit of something and putting the rest down until he's got room for it. More often than not he'll cram his mouth so full he can barely breathe, then spit it all out again...
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:26pm
Congrats Tibby! Hello William!!!!

TT- no chance yet, im not gonna try really, he aint ready.
Seems to be a bit scared of poo, and having his nappy off too at the mo. esp sheepish when others are around. cute.

Day sleeps for us are usually in the car on the way somewhere, for 40min, or 1hr20min. OR if Im home, try the cot, and it works sometimes, and he'll sleep 1 hr 20min. Ussually ready for a sleep at 9.30AM!!!! though given his night sleeping habits, not surprising.

We have a screamer, and a non-sleeper. awesome. No such thing as chatting in the cot either dammit.

Wierd being at home alone all week... getting into a routine though.

Take care y'all
xx
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 6:46pm
PS- Josica.... Iv no plans or desire for any more either.
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:15pm
Kat and Jo - I had such an atrocious day with my two yesterday that I actually day dreamed about being single again (well, with DH but not married) and traipsing through Italy... and then cried because it's never going to happen again and I didn't appreciate it enough at the time

So big day today - H started daycare!!! Survived the first day, I felt so guilty at first, he cried so hard when I left. But seems happy now so must not be too traumatised
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by SpecialK SpecialK wrote:

] Kat and Jo - I had such an atrocious day with my two yesterday that I actually day dreamed about being single again (well, with DH but not married) and traipsing through Italy... and then cried because it's never going to happen again and I didn't appreciate it enough at the time

Is it bad I daydream about that all the time?... I think the one think I miss most now other than sleep, is travelling.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:18pm

Sleep? What's that??!!   I've had a bad week too..well not bad, just busy. Clodagh's been quite crook with some unknown virus so has bee BF like a newborn. Meanwhile, my actual newborn (who probably technically isn't one anymore) has ALSO now come down with this viral thing and is BF more than usual AND not sleeping AND having very runny poo every hour. I lost count how many nappies I washed today. Last count was 16..plus double that number of inserts and unknown numbers of drop cloths and cloth wipes..... jeez.

Managed to make a nice batch of biscuits today though hehe

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 8:00am
OMG!!!!   you made biscuits too! rockstar!
We need to catch up again soon... after virus has passed though :)

Sorry y'all having bad week...

I relate completely with you all- even though I only have 1 monkey. I miss pre kiddy time a lot. But love it now too- obviously we all do... different though ey.

any babies born lately??
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 2:18pm
Mum arrives from the UK tommorow for 10 weeks so thought l'd say hi now as not sure how much time l'll have to check in here.

Things are going well here. Will is pretty good. He feeds on and off all night but so did Ollie so l was expecting that. Feeding is a little easier this time around but l have Raynauds again.

I am coping much better than l imagined when it is just me and the boys but thank goodness l kept Ollie going to Porse as it has really helped - him and me!

Ollies' behaviour has gone downhill. I am guessing that is normal??? Will he settle or am l going to have to be tough on him? He basically ignores everything he is told, says no to everything even when he wants to say yes. However he seems to have just excepted Will into our family which is lovely.

SpecialK, thank you for the offer. We must have an Auckland catch up soon.
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 8:43am
Tibby, Harry's behaviour went downhill in exactly the way you describe. I had to get tough on him, but at the same time give him lots of attention - lots of stories, walks etc.

Yay for your mum arriving, hope that'll give you a bit of a break and a catch up on sleep.

Oh, and with the Raynaud's - my MIL made me little wheat bags to heat up and stick in my bra. AMAZING! I can send them your way if you like?
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 6:21pm
No baby news here yet. Due date was only today but I feel a week overdue already. Baby was 4/5 engaged last week and now only 1/5 engaged so has backed up and put the brakes on. I'm thinking maybe baby is just getting a run up?! lol

You guys that do baking are legendary. I go through phases but it can be a real mission at times and I often lack the enthusiasm. You're an inspiration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 298>