FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Due May 2009**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 298>
Author
stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:29am
I cant believe you have time for baking! I just don't even have the energy! But I really wish I could, I feel like home made brownies or choc chip cookies with a glass of milk.... yummmmmy

Katrina, hopefully baby gets a good 'run up' and just pops right out hehe.

I've got just under 2 weeks left now. but i've never been this preganant, Isaac was 2.5 weeks early. So i'm kinda expecting something any day now. But then again, maybe i'll be 2 weeks overdue
Everyday from her on it freaks me out a bit that tomorrow I could have a baby.

Babycity have 25% off everything today! So I might go shopping this morning and just buy some more stuff for fun. I need a double seat for my P&T but none of the stores have them.

Sponsored Links

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:55am
Good luck Katrina and Stefany! Stef I know how you feel, M went a whole 4 weeks longer than H, I was so over it!!! Hopefully not too much longer now.
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2011 at 7:13pm
Our little girl Charlotte was born yesterday at 4.35am. 8lbs and only 4.5hrs after first contraction! Was in hospital just half an hour before she appeared.

Home now and looking forward to getting into a routine again ... although I imagine that'll take a while.

Hope you're all doing well. Thinking of you Stef. I was VERY over being pregnant too. It's tough not only physically but mentally and emotionally. Here's hoping baby doesn't keep you waiting too long and gives you a dream labour!
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 3:40pm
Oh YAY congrats Katrina and welcome Charlotte
KTPie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTPie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 4:33pm
That's great news Katrina!! Congratulations!!

Oh my goodness SpecialK - I can't believe little miss M is 5 months already!! Time really flies
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 4:48pm

Huge congrats on baby Charlotte Katrina

Wow all the 2nd babies are coming thick and fast now lol

stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 10:19pm
Congrats Katrina! Welcome Charlotte!
I hope all is going well with things Katrina.

I want my labour to be that quick too. Still waiting for any signs though. And DH is busy at work, so won't help me out to move things along.
I might go have a curry for lunch tomorrow with my Dad, and then if that doesn't work hopefully in the weekend i'll be up for some BD.

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:00pm
Hope all is going well Katrina

Good luck Stef can't be too far away now!!

Is anyone elses child driving them mental? my god I swear some days I could throttle him!!! What on earth was I thinking having a 2nd!??
littleLittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleLittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:53pm
Congrats Katrina! Hope everything is going well and Charlotte is settling into a routine nicely for you.

MrsB - what's Corban doing? We're getting lots of tantrums and Benjamin is very stubborn (gets that from me I think!!). Definitely does my head in some days!

Has anyone else had any issues with constipation? We've had ongoing issues for the last couple of months which has been horrible. Benjamin cries and says 'poo, poo' but just can't seem to go. We've got him on lactulose at the moment and we're trying to get him to drink as much water as possible but it just keeps happening so I was hoping you guys might know of some handy hints.
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:02pm
LL - oh where to start!?? We have tantrums. He is VERY strong willed and determined and wants to be independent. He snatches toys off other kids, he hits, he shoves, he bites. He's the kind of kid I wouldn't want mine playing with
The house looks like a tornado has gone through it, he is so destructive.
He is a runner so if I take him out in public he has to be restrained in the pram as he will have meltdown if I make him hold my hand and he can't be trusted to walk beside me as he will be off and will not stop when told so means I have to chase after him!
People tell me it's all normal terrible two stuff but he's just at the extreme end of the spectrum and that he will grow out of it
littleLittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleLittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 9:32pm
Hmmmm some of that sounds very familiar MrsB! He hasn't bitten anyone yet (he actually got bitten last week by another child but that's a whole other story!) but he hits (usually only me though), he packs a massive tantrum and screams and cries if someone else has a toy he wants or if I don't happen to have the toy on me that he wants - sometimes its just because I have the red car instead of the orange one! He drives his cars and trucks up our walls and marks them and when we tell him no he looks at us and grins and carries on or runs away to another part of the house to do it. He's had many a meltdown in the supermarket if we don't buy what he wants (usually Eclipse Mints which he calls Tic Tacs because he likes to shake the tin). We do usually manage to keep him near us if we go out somewhere and he wants to walk though. By the time DH gets home the house usually looks like a tornado has gone through it as well - I guess I could try blaming an earthquake!! If he's not happy about something he'll pick his toys up and throw them across the room so they either hit us, the wall, the furniture, the doors or the window.

I have to say I'm very much looking forward to the end of the terrible two's. If they start earlier than 2 does that mean they'll finish early too??!!??
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 9:01am
LL - constipation nope we have the opposite problem! I'm sick of changing pooey nappies!!
You could try kiwifruit or kiwicrush juice, grapes, prunes, or feijoas they seem to increase the frequency of nappy changes here!

Here is some info that might help. Poor little dude
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 9:02am
Stef - any sign of that bubba yet!?

Tibby - how it going with your Mum here? Hope you are getting a nice break occasionally
stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 9:02am
Hello! Yes I have had the baby. Little Timothy Jason was born on 7 April 12.41pm. 3.83kg (8lb 7oz). I'm on my iPhone but I'll post the story later.

We are home now, trying to get used to as many kids as adults!

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 9:57am
Congrats Stef! Hope it all went well, look forward to hearing the gory details

Welcome to the world Timothy
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 3:29pm
Yay Stef! Welcome Timothy. Can't wait to have an auckland catch up with all the new bubbas
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 4:08pm
Congratulations Stef!! Hope you're adjusting ok to life with a newborn again. Look forward to hearing about how it all went when you get the chance
stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:36am
I have a bit of time now, Timothy is sleeping and Isaac is sitting here reading some books. I've never been to the library so much! He doesnt like the library, but he loves the books once we get home.

It is definatly different having 2 kids, you forget how much time it takes to feed them, I have less time now to watch TV haha. But he's a good feeder and a reasonable sleeper, although he seems to have a sore tummy at 4am every morning! ARGH! At least Isaac sleeps thru the crying

So, my labour was super fast!
Around 9am I started having a few niggles and a sore back. So I rung DH at work and told him this MIGHT be labour, I wasn't really sure. I also rung my mum at work to let her know she might need to come and pick Isaac up at some stage as I might be in labour. The pains were pretty regular. At 10am I rung DH again and told him he needed to come home now! I rung mum and told her to come over now too.
I rung the midwife and let her know I was in labour, just so she knew she might have to free up her day, she said she was driving around, so she'd pop in to check me out, she arrived at 11am and did an examination and I was only 1cm and not fully effaced, a bit gutted, but she said it would be happening later this afternoon. So to ring her when the contractions were worse. She left about 11.20am. And mum took Isaac to her place about 11.45am. By then my contractions were worse.
Then I had a massive contraction and needed to push, my waters broke. I told DH we should ring the midwife again. So we rung her at 12.17pm and we arranged to meet at Birthcare. DH was getting bags on his shoulders and then the midwife rung back at 12.19pm and said "do you think Steph will make it to birthcare?" she could hear me in the background and thought it might be a horrible drive. So she came straight to our house. And it's a good thing she did!
By the time she arrived, about 12.25pm, I was trying my hardest to not push with each strong contraction!
Once she got there it was 3 or 4 contractions and the baby was out!
So from start to finish it was under 4hours, and for 1hour of it I wasn't even really sure if I was in real labour. The midwife said if we have any more kids, i should plan for a homebirth next time. it was quite stressful not knowing how it should go at home.

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:42am
Wow good work Steph! So you had an unplanned homebirth? I can't imagine ever having a labour so fast after C's 3.5days event! How was Isaac's birth?
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 11:39am
Congrats to Katrina and Stef and welcome Charlotte and Timothy! Fast labours all round!!!

It is so great having mum here and l am going to find it sooo hard when she goes back to the UK. MIL was up yesterday and it made me realise how good my mum is and how bloody awful she is and how hard done by l feel - all my own doing of course for moving to NZ.

William is great, not a sleeper however but never mind. Oliver is doing well and his behaviour is slowly improving but everything you said MrsB is Oliver to a tee. Guess it's an age thing.

Must dash as snuck away for a few mins for a quick catch up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 298>