FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Due May 2009**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 298>
Author
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 1:08pm
Stef, what an awesome birth story!! Thank goodness you didn't hop in the car to go to Birthcare ... it could've been a car birth with no midwife, eek! So pleased it was a quick one for you too. Just what you wanted. My gosh, these 2nd babies are making quick entrances into the world.

Life with a newborn and a toddler is proving very busy and I've hardly left the house since Charlotte arrived. That's great on the bank account though ... I don't have any time to spend money and go to cafe's! Lots of coffee visits from friends though which has been nice.

Well, kiddies sound like they're sleeping so I'm off to do the same
Sponsored Links

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 1:27pm
YAY wow congrats!!! Glad it was so quick for you!!!!
Any pics anyone??

Something wierd has happened: I feel irrationally clucky.

WTF!!!!!!????????

Someone please explain. Please remind me why i said id have no more.

Edited by KitKat
stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 4:53pm
Yup, A home birth!!
KitKat, here are some pics... babies are so cute, but hard work, although at the moment it's so nice to just put Timothy down anywhere, and he stays put. You should have more!
Katrina, you're right, staying at home for a week has had a massive impact on our account. It's a great way to save money haha.

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 4:58pm
Awwww he's gorgeous Steph!

KitKat - It will be different next time! (So I keep telling myself!) You survived with L so you can survive anything the next one might throw at ya. Go on do it

Had our anatomy scan today - all is well. It took all my will power but I managed to not ask what the sex was this time. So we will have a nice surprise in 20 or so weeks I'm quite excited about that.
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 8:48am
aaaaaaw cutie patootie!

lol- youre right... I think we might- eeeeeeek
Imagine if we get another refluxer- or twins! Thats what scares me the most... and I have a really strong feeling about having twins, I feel Ive always been destined for it, and its in the family... Just when you think it cant be any harder- its twins!

How are the twins going btw? Scarlett and Jack?? hellooo?

Staying at home question: How do you entertain your toddler?? I run out of inspiration. L is quite obsessed with a particular monkey book at the mo, a DK Resource book. Great pictures. His latest word is proboscis. (proboscis monkey).
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 2:26pm
No time but just wanted to say Kitkat, William shows no signs of reflux so looks like we escaped it this time if that helps persuade you.
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 8:18pm
Yay, Kitkat! Feel the fear and do it anyway! lol

The government used to provide live in Karitane support for a few months after the birth of multiples ... do they still do that? I'm sure after dealing with a reflux/colic baby though, anything you face now will be a breeze!

Entertaining toddlers?! What a mission! We were recently given 3 huge cardboard boxes by a friend and DH constructed an insanely large hut in our lounge for L. It's huge! But L has had hours of play in there. Great for wet weather days too. When C sleeps, L and I have tea parties in there too and eat snacks or read books. It's been fantastic. Annoyingly huge and awkward, but the benefits outweigh all that.

Would love to hear everyone elses ideas too. Some days bedtime just can't come soon enough!!
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 8:44pm
haha that is awesome! C has watched far too much Wiggles and Barney today (thank god for Tivo ) He only really got into TV about a month ago and it has been a sanity saver!! It has been pouring with rain here so being stuck inside with a rampage toddler is horrible!

We did some drawing with crayons until he drew on the wall when i was in the loo so then the crayons got put away! Went to the supermarket and had a two hour nap and the was about the extent of our day!

I'm really not creative so struggle to think of ways to entertain him. Guess you could try playdough or painting if you don't mind the mess!
MyMolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 9:42pm
Hi ladies....congrats on all these new bubbas and others on the way!! I'm just popping in to say hi. I suppose my two will be kicking off the round of 2nd birthdays!!! Yep Jack and Scarlett are two tomorrow. Crazy!!! Miss Molly turned 6 last week...so I am almost partied, caked and presented out (oh, and poor!!).

Matt is still home with the kids. I would say by this time next year he will be pursuing something else. J and S are ratbags and no doubt becoming typical strong willed tantrum throwing toddlers...which is normal but x2 just makes it that little more unbearable. We are going through a face guaging phase at the moment!

It's school holidays for me and I am SO ready for a break. 11 weeks is a hard slog. I cannot imagine how hard the 14 week terms used to be for teachers back when I was a kid.

Here's my little Master Chefs last week...

Miss 6 at her "Hop" party...ready to watch the movie

Here's their cakes all ready for tomorrow...

Take care everyone. I will have a nosey in here over the next few weeks.

XX MM
soozie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 7:10pm
havent been here for ages! all the babies have grown so much and so manyof you with no.2's already. I hear you Kit Kat it does make you wonder eh? if it wasnt for the sleepless nights..... but it does all go so quick. Love the photos must post some myself! just wanted to ask if anyone has got a feeding booster seat and where they got it have been looking around but not seen anything very nice.... Many thanks....
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 1:10pm
Awww Stef he is yummy! And MM love your pics, and happy birthday to all your kiddies.

Glad scan went well MrsB! I too resisted finding out and when DD was born and handed too me there was a small drama with the cord rupturing so my ob was busy sorting that out. I couldn't care less, and was like "what is it, what is it", and he goes "what do you mean, it's a BABY!". So I tell him that I KNOW it's a baby, but what is it? He shrugs and tells me that he thinks it's a boy! So then I unwrap little miss and proudly and hysterically announce that it's a girl and ask Dh to double check.

Kat - honestly, the baby is the easy bit! When H is in daycare and I only have little miss it feels like a day off! Although she is already starting trying to get up on her knees, so I think we'll have a crawler soon. I'll let you know how I am getting on with toddler and a crawler! But they do entertain each other, H dances for her and 'reads' her stories, so cute.

entertaining toddlers... I am considering more hours at day care! Seriously I get out of the house at least once, sometimes twice a day - we go to story time at our library, mainly music, to the park or the playground, or meet up with friends. When we have to be at home I just let him watch TV or I put on a kids CD on for him, or let him do drawing. Although he too is a fan of using crayons everywhere but the paper!
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 8:13pm
Lovely pics!!! The twins are so grown up! Tibby- glad that no reflux has reared its ugly head for you all so far... phew.
SpecialK- thats hilarious- 'Its a BABY!!" lol

Ive found Locky loves Meercat docos, and Danny the Champion of the World, and Jane and the Dragon. They are godsend DVDs at dinner time... ie- so I can make dinner.

I remember the box houses when I was a kid.... DP made a car recently which was quite extrordinary....
I have some pics on my blog:

CAKES!!!! YAY!!! Ive become quite excited about them lately... after doing an excavation site cake for a frinds wee 2yr old... Im gonna do an airport cake for lox... and recently I did a Mueller Hutt cake for BIL (Brother in Law).

Whats a feeding booster seat??

Edited by KitKat
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:41pm
Where is everyone?!

Cakes - yikes - I spent all friday baking and decorating a tiger cake for H's jungle party. Have never done anything like it before and it was hard work! Also my recipe may not have been the best... Kat I love the excavation cake! What are you planning for L? Can't believe I have a two year old!! How's everyone going with their little ones? My two have started sharing a room - two cots end on end - going ok so far!
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 12:33pm
Im so glad I havent scared u off SpecialK. I thought no-one was ever going to post

In my experience- the best cake to use is not a sponge, they just crumble. Ill post a recipe of a choc slab cake if anyone wants to use it... its AWESOME, moist, keeps well, yuuum.
Ls cake- either an airport, or a native bush scene. not sure yet.

Happy Birthday to all who have turned 2! crazy ey.

2 in one room-wow. I cant comprehend it.
I just went to doc to ask about having #2. He said to wait a while. Funny- I know he is right, but it sux being told that.
My thyroid is playing up, so I should really suss it out first. more bloods, more meds... grrr

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 11:33am
oooh kat, I'd love that recipe - I did a chocolate Victoria sponges sandwiched together with nutella but very crumbly. I'll have to post a pic once I work out how and find the cord for the camera

Sucks about having to wait for #2... hope you get things sorted soon.
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 11:51am
Here Goes:

Kats Chocolate Cake (not with KitKats):

2 cups water
3cups caster sugar
250g chopped butter
1/2 cup cocoa (use the real stuff, not that cadbury stuf, its not as chocolaty- and I use a BIG 1/2 cup)
1tsp Bicarb soda
3 cups SR flour
4 eggs lightly beaten

*Combine water, sugar, butter, sifted cocoa, bicarb soda in a LARGE saucepan (it bubbles up a lot).
*Stir on low till sugar dissolves.
*Bring to boil, and 'simmer' for 5 min or so. Make sure you watch it, as it bubbles up a lot.
*Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and cool for at least 10-15 min.
*Add sifted flour, and eggs beat mixture till smooth
*Pour into a lined tin.
Bake in moderate oven (180) for 50 min.
Stand for 10 min before turning onto a wire rack for cooling.

Notes:
You can use all sorts of tin shapes/sizes, or put it into 1 big slab tin, keep an eye on the cooking time if you divide the mixture into more than 1 tine as it may not take as long to cook.
This cake is easy to cut/shape with a sharp knife... serrated is best. Only once cooled... and dont ice it till its cool, or its all melt away.

Choc icing:

Icing sugar
Cocoa
Butter melted
bit of milk to get the right consistency

No idea on quantities- I never measure it.
Prob 3 cups icing sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 50g butter, 50ml milk???
Beat it up and see... cant go wrong really.
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 2:01pm
Thanks so much for that recipe Kitkat! I was just thinking last night that I need to get onto L's cake sometime and this will be perfect. Looking forward to giving it a whirl. I've never done a fancy birthday cake before so hoping it all goes ok.

Sorry to hear you have to wait a little longer for #2. Hoping it's all easily sorted for you.

L had a tummy bug yesterday. Makes me angry to think someone took their ill child out and passed it on, but I have to remind myself that it's that time of year. Didn't really enjoy the barf all over my bed as a result though. Mental note to self: when a sick child is lying in my bed, place a waterproof mattress cover underneath them.

Parenthood is exhausting, isn't it?! I love my kids to pieces, but some personal space occasionally doesn't go amiss either. I'd love to go to the toilet in peace sometime, or have a drink of juice without hiding around a corner so the toddler doesn't see. Maybe even sit down to a hot coffee instead of one that was made 1.5 hours ago and has gone cold on the bench!
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 3:00pm
Cake recipe is fantastic. thanks so much Kitkat. I'm a terrible baker at the best of times and this one actually worked for me!

Only problem is when I went to move it from the cooling tray to the board for decorating it broke to pieces! devastating. How do you usually do that transition? I had to use 2 cooling racks to fit the cake on and it became a logistical feat when it came to moving.

Hopefully icing will hide the mess and eating it will just have to involve plates and cutlery :)
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:19pm
Great! glad it worked! apart from the logistics- I meant to say- 2 people is a bonus, but I ussually just wing it- bit like flipping a pancake- speed is your friend, as is gravity. And using a cooling rack top and bottom. ie- flip onto cooling rack, then flip onto cooling rack again (now is up right way on cooling rack, then repeat till up right way on a board.... clear as mud???

lol
sounds ridiculous doesnt it.

Or- do cupcakes!!!!! hahahaaa.
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:12am
So quiet in here these days! Everyone busy with rampaging toddlers and new bubbas I guess.

Great cakes KitKat! Hard to believe our baby are (or nearly) two! and yay for deciding on #2 KitKat hope they get your meds sorted soon.

How's everyone going with toilet training?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 298>