FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Due May 2009**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298>
Author
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:06pm
I can't do this monday but can do the following one. Don't mind morning or afternoon but morning prob easier if we don't want a bunch of grumpy children!
Sponsored Links

maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:13pm
Hello Ladies,

Well it has been years. I finally pulled my finger out and thought I would post and update everyone on our progress.

We are settled here in Brisbane.
Mattijs is doing so well, he is completely toilet trained. He has been now for about 4 months. He started when he was having a holiday with my Mum who does family daycare. All of a sudden Mattijs came home asking to use the toilet I was like ok lets try. From that day it has been go go go for us.

We had another Baby Boy lasy March, Caleb. He is doing so well, Caleb is a big Boy. He is such a thug. He has started walking finally. At Caleb's 1st Birthday he was 12kg.
He is a little parrot, he tries to repeat everything that Mattijs says. It is very cute.

So what does 2011 hold for us. ANOTHER BABY. I HAVE 8 WEEKS TO GO. Mark & I are expecting a BABY GIRL We are so so so excited. I am very nervous as well. I just want my Daughter here safe and sound. I have no doubt my little Angel Anika will be with us on the day her little sister is born.

So ladies I will have 3 babies under 27 months.

I am going to go back now and read about everyone else and see all the new Babies. I am so looking forward to seeing what everyone has been upto. xxxxxx

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 9:32am
Maudie it's lovely to see you again! But you are mad lol 3 under 27 months?? I thought 2 under 18 months was bad enough hehe
Very exciting about a baby girl though...that is awesome!

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 10:06am
Hey Maudie! great to hear from you and congratulations on the soon to be addition to your family (are you mad!?? ) Very exciting though I'm sure all will go well and I look forward to hearing of her arrival so make sure you come back and update us! It is fairly quiet in here these days I guess everyone is busy with toddlers and 2nd babies.

No progress here on the toilet training, I can't be bothered to be honest. Too many layers of clothing in winter = too many accidents!

Auckland girls - I would love to gatecrash one of your catch ups one day if you ever happen to meet up in South Auckland anywhere as we moved house last weekend so are now only about an hour south of Manukau now. Botany Downs shopping anyone?
stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 11:02am
I can't do queens bday Monday or the Monday morning after :( are you still out mission bay way?

Maudie! Hello! 3 kids already, wow congrats. Do you think you'll have another one too? I hope your girl has a safe arrival.

Mrs b I'd be happy for a catch up out south in a few weeks. Somewhere with lots of room for lots of toddlers and babies and prams lol.

No TT here either, although he is now telling us when he's done poo and wee, but he calls everything poo which is confusing sometimes.

Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 12:56pm
Congratulations Maudie! Amazed you gonna have 3 soon ... 2 is blowing my mind at the moment, can't get my head around 3. You're an absolute legend!

Anyone got any spare energy they can send me?! heck, this sleep deprivation is hard slog. My kids are both so good and well behaved, yet I feel like I hit the wall so often.   Come the kids' bedtime I have to begin acting and pretend like I'm not about to lose the plot completely. Argh. I love having a little baby around to snuggle with again, but at the same time I can't wait until we're out of this newborn phase. Tough times.

No TT here either. Maudie, once again you amaze me. L will tell me after he's done something and like Stefany, #1 & #2 are all the same here. L totally understands what the potty is about and even puts his toys on it and gives them chocolate, pretending they've done a poo. I guess it's just a matter of time. 2 in nappies though ... I'm very sick of wiping bottoms!

Got a great pic of L giving C a cuddle this morning. Will try post it here sometime. Also managed to get out of the house and child free for an hour this morning. Phew, I needed that SO much.

I've decided my sanity cannot handle any more children. I'm stopping at 2. Think I'm just not wired for any more. How about you guys? Anyone here planning on more than 2?
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 8:04am
Isn't TT great?! Clodagh is now using the potty and sometimes the toilet and often tells us when she needs to go poos or wees..but by no means all the time! I'm fairly confident of leaving her with no nappy on though at home during the day cos she will usually tell me she needs to go...but yeah a bit hit and miss lol. She was ready ages ago but I wasn't, you really need the time to commit to it and I simply didn't have time or energy (still don't really lol).

CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 11:18pm
Hi there, after Maudie updating I thought I would pop in and say hello too ( if anyone remembers me?) I still pop in here from time to time.
We are still in Brisbane. Im working 2 days a week as a nurse in the large public hospital here and my DH has a new IT job where he works from home all the time which is lovely.
Our lifestyle in Brisbane is really good but its a bit lonely without family. We have some good friends but its not the same. We are also still renting here and I miss having our own home. We still own our house in Auckland and luckily it has the same tenants as when we left 2 and a half years ago!
No TT or big bed here yet but Daniel is a very easy going boy and he chats away all day. He can say half the alphabet, count to 10 and knows all his colours so we think he's going ok.
Regarding TT, he tells me when he's done a wee or a poo but I don't think he's quite ready for TT yet. He doesn't climb out of the cot so Im not rushing him into a bed yet.
Shame we never got to catch up Maudie but it seems you have been VERY busy!!!
Still just Daniel and not planning another baby until sometime next year. We are hoping to move back to NZ (Hamilton) early next year to be closer to our families so if that happens we'll start TTC once we've done the big international move. It will be so nice to have family support and company next time rather than doing it all on our own living overseas.
Glad you're all doing well and exciting all these second and THIRD babies arriving or on the way. Take care.
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 2:51pm
Hi guys! I often wonder how you are...

Maudie- WOW. Very busy woman ey! 3 babies under 27 months! They'll be able to learn so much together... teach each other how to do stuff, and egg each other on!

Carrie- Daniel sounds very smart! Alphabets and numbers! very good going! Id imagine it being tough without your family around. Well, I found it tough, i shouldnt assume others do... but as you say- lonely. Wont it be good to move back to NZ to be nearer them.

TT- I havent had any luck so far, not even recognition of poos or wees.
I think Im probably not being very proactive either though.
I found a book in the library the other day about Elimination Communication.... Basically nappy free babies. VERY interesting. I always thought about it being too much pressure on a little one to have to worry about all that, not to mention us as parents! And there was NO way I couldve with Lox.... it goes into real depth about the cultural, physiological, psychological and physical stuff. So- I have taken some interesting snippets from it, and may even give it a go with number 2... when we choose to have number2.
I hadnt thought about it much, but it pointed out that the majority of babies are brought up w/o nappies. Only Western/industrialised/developed countries have them/can afford them. India, China, Africa to name a few- none of them rely on nappies... just teach 'em young, use crotchless pants so they can squat when they need, have vessels handy all the time, and establish a cue sound (like a whisper ssssss) when its time to 'eliminate' lol. I always thought it was hippy dippy- but actually it makes a lot of sense. (and Im a secret hippy!!).
The thing is I guess- our whole family unit, and culture has evolved... The term- it takes a village to raise a baby... well now its often just immediate family, or even single mums.... makes even learning about these things difficult. What is totally logical, and natural to them, is almost un-comprehendable to us... where do you start with 'no nappies' aaaagh.

A very interesting concept I find.

It got me motivated with a few different techniques anyways.

Also made me think- with Lox about to TT, he might be a good teaching tool for number2- copying toiletting etc. Are you finding that Maudie??

Sorry for the novel.

Edited by KitKat
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 2:56pm
Oh- And update-
Dummy:

We were at the zoo the other day, and at the end are the otters. Lox dropped his dummy in to their enclosure- in the assumption Id get it back!!!

Well- that was it.... Gone.

It took a few tears, and a while to understand there wasnt one in the car, or at home... and that the otters were going to keep it...
But he understands now- and we havent had a problem- Cold turkey.
He just mumbles omething about the otters having his dubby...

Dummy is in otter heaven now.. lol Im stoked.

(its ok- the keeper retrieved it secretly while lox wasnt looking!)

Edited by KitKat
tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 12:20pm
Wow Maudie! That is impressive. The days will fly by with 3.

Great news about the dummy Kitkat.

Things rather tough here thanks to my little insominiac. Will is still waking 1-2 hrly overnight at 3 mths. Kind of reaching breaking point really. All the books say you can't really do anything til 4 mths so waiting on that then will have to do cc. Looked back over old posts to see what Ollie was up to and he was no where near as bad. Any ideas gratefully received.

Ollie is doing well. He knows the whole alphabet but most of it is only recognisable to us lol. He can count to 14 but everything is yellow. His speech is great and l can actually have little conversations with him, very cute. We moved him into a bed last weekend and he has done so well. He does fall out onto the cushions but isn't fazed by it. In fact he is sleeping in later since the move. TT, not going there yet but Ollie seems increasingly ready. He asked to use the toilet last night (potty) and then 10 mins later did a poo in it! I'm not going to push it tho, l'll just follow his lead and see how we go. Definitely in no rush.
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 8:00pm
Carrie where are you living in Brisbane? I would love to have a catch up and for the kids to meet and have a play. my mobile is 0418669300 drop me a text and lets orgainise something

tibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 2:53pm
Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 12:14pm
Boo!
Been so busy lately...
I had a wonderful experience of a norovirus this week. You guys should try it! not.
Lox has a cold.. though soldiering... good boy.

FIL is staying for the weekend.

Ive managed to get myself into an exciting creative project... which is taking up lots of all the spare time I have.... (!) But hey, its fun so we squeeze it in somewhere.

Gosh Ive been sarcastic so far! sorry...

Lox is often refered to as a chatterbox... he talks non stop, its exhausting! He makes friends everywhere he goes. Tells people all about the puddles he's jumping in, and whether there are fish in them, and how they should go to the zoo and see the monkeys eat apples. Its very funny.

Plus Im looking for a new house to rent.... Im sick of the mould. Why isnt insulating rental properties the law??

How is everyone else??
Katrina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 8:05pm
Hi! Been lurking a little but as you know, kids don't like giving you 2 minutes to do anything for yourself. Aaargh. Been one of those weeks and am feeling all those grumpy mummy feelings at the mo.

There's a large amount of grumpy wifey feelings in there too. Sometimes, I want to be a man! They have it so good, it's almost criminal.

Hoping things get better when these nasty winter bugs clear out. Running on exhaustion isn't much fun and I'm SO missing having time for my hobbies. Anyone with 2 kids here finding time for hobbies again? What age did it happen? Am getting desperate for "me" time.

Bought Lucas some undies today. I can't wait to get him in them, but think it's still a bit soon. We've had oodles of dry nappies lately, but just can't get that darn poo happening in the potty yet.

He also likes to call everyone "man" or "boy". Very cute but can be awkward when a not-so-feminine lady is walking towards us and Lucas is stately loudly "man!".
stefany3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefany3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2011 at 9:41pm
I hear ya Katrina! I've had enough of my grumpy toddler! only 16-18 years til he moves out!
And as for the man part - they have no idea what we do! lol constantly thinking about stuff, we never turn our brains off. I'd give anything for some me time. I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
How many of your 2year olds are having day sleeps still?
Isaac is still having them mostly, anywhere from 1hr-2hrs (12.30pm-2pm give or take). I'm just wondering how much longer it will last. He can cope without it if we are out, but he gets even grumpier in the evenings. And more frequently he just lies/sits on his bed chatting to his toys and reading his books for an hour.

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 1:15pm
Hi!

Stef - yup, H is still having a day sleep. Horrible child if he doesn't have one. And yes, I would love to get him into undies! I think he is so ready, I just have to get on with it and do it. Although we had this conversation the other day: "H, have you done a poo? - No poo - are you sure? - No poo - H, I can smell it! Let's go change it. Where do poos go? - In the toilet - do you want big boy undies? - Yay, big boy undies!" 5 min later "- H, have you done a poo AGAIN?! - No poo." Take him to the toilet, show him the poo (gross, cleaning out pooey undies!)and ask him what's this? He says - Egg. WTF???!!!

Katrina, you will get there hun! I am only just surfacing but it does happen!

We had a rough couple of weeks, first with everyone being sick, DH had a spell at hospital - nothing major thankfully, and we've found out that M is lactose intolerant. We don't know if it's temporary following a tummy bug, but given all her previous eating and sleeping issues I think it was always there. In the last 10 days she's become a different baby - eating really well, draining her bottles, sleeping well and has finally started sleeping through! We have the odd night where she is up once but as she is teething I can't blame her! I feel like a different woman, going from her being up every 1-2 hours to just once a night. The only thing is lactose free formula is $$ and her meals have to all be cooked separately, so some nights I end up doing 3 lots of dinners which is ridiculous, must streamline. But it's quite hard to come up with healthy, filling, and easy meals for both of them that doesn't include dairy.

Auckland girls, when are we going to meet up?
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 8:08am
Just a quick note- sorry for reading and running...
SpecialK- you may be eligable for assistance with the formula... if you can be bothered with the rigmorale... winz have extra bits n pieces for things like that.
We used to spend $26+ on formula per tin for lox... and it adds up per week!

Also- try substituting lactose free milk (in the soy milk section at supermkt) in all your meals/baking, as u would use milk.

just thoughts.

We also gave lox oat milk once he started solids.
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 12:34pm
Thanks Kat, picked some lactose free milk so will give that a go. Was L lactose intolerant as well? How did you work it out? Did he have it diagnosed by a paed? What sort of food is he eating now?

Mum says I had exactly the same issues as M, but by about 3 years of age I grew out of it. So maybe it's hereditary....? Who knows.

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 8:46pm
No L wasnt in the end... but we did wonder. Though his poos are always dynamite so maybe we just learned to live with it!!! lol

FIL is Lactose intolerant. He carries lactase enzyme pills around so if he feels like eating cheesecake he can pop some pills to digest it. Good for emergency cheesecake consumption!! You can do the same thing to a bottle of milk/cream apparently....Lactase breaks down lactose, (same with fructose/fructase?) so if you put it in milk then itll be broken down in a few hours. Not really worth it for 3 years, or giving pills to a wee one, but for FIL... it is I guess. Basically the body cant produce natural lactase, so youre just providing it in a handy pill.
Is he ok with fructose (apples, coconut, grapes, tomato)?
One doesnt automatically mean the other... but sometimes.

Nothing worse than undies filled with poo...

Edited by KitKat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298>