FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2008 Mum’s and bub’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 446447448
Author
poohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:54am
Wow sorry haven't been in here in ages! I know what you mean about them growing up Taylor's 14 next week, Kenzie will be 10 in July Jax 4 in September and Levi was one in April!! Amazing huh?? We won't having any more that's for sure!! Jackson acts like he has ADHD most of the time bounces off the walls, hardly sleeps gets into all types of mischief that being said he is a real darling full of personality! His speech isn't that great, favorite words "stupid ally (bloody) idiot" lots of people can't understand what he is saying hope that he doesn't get into trouble once he starts school! Levi is an absolute cruiser so happy and lovely altho the poor dude has serious problems with his ears had grommets put in a few weeks ago and since they've been pouring out smelly stuff he's on to his second lot of antibiotics already!
That sucks about the illness Katie, I have monthly b12 injections they def make a bit of a difference I had chronic fatigue in my teens it was awful had to drop out of school for a good year or so did correspondace when I could keep my eyes open! Hope u get better real quick!!
Lovely to hear from you guys again I do love seeing some of u on fb

Sponsored Links

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 2:06pm
Facebook is great.

Katie, does Ash sleep all night now? Are you still co-sleeping or room-sharing?
Shelbi is the exact opposite of Jody and does now like sleep. We're finally in a routine where she *only* wakes 4 - 6 times a night and gets up at around 5am. I don't mind actually, quite used to it now. But I do wonder, since she doesn't self settle at ALL, will I still be feeding/pram-walking her to sleep in a few years time?
Katie_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 8:14am
Hi again!

Amby we are not co sleeping anymore and Ash is sleeping through the night (totally dry I might add yusss)

We moved house when he was just over 2.5 and we just put him in his own room and bed. He did pretty darn well and we have only ever had to bring him back in with us when he is sick etc really.

Just like a 'normal kid'! I NEVER thought I would use the words 'normal' and 'sleep' when it came to Ash. . . unless of course the sentence was "Ash is the worst sleeper in the history of the world, I just wish he would sleep like a normal child" haha. (okay I know there's no such thing as a normal kid and most kids do have sleep issues, but getting up every hour for 2 years seems totally ABNORMAL when you are doing it. hehe.)

So anyway, to sum up my ramblings, we saw an improvement in his waking every two seconds when we both decided to stop bf, just after his 2nd birthday. Then at 2.5 he was perfectly happy to sleep on his own.

I have to stress that these were the right times for both of us, and if I had tried to force the matter before this (and I am pretty sure I did, because to be honest it was very hard) then it would have been a no go.

So Miss Shelbi will decide to be nice to you sleep wise eventually I PROMISE!!! You wont be rocking her to sleep when she's 8! The best thing I did with Ash, was to give him whatever he wanted and feed him whenever he wanted at night. It was awfully hard, but for some reason I knew it was the right thing to do. That might not work for everyone but for us, it was just the way to do things.

And now he skips off to bed all on his own, has a story and says "Good night I love you Mummy, see you in the morning, don't forget to be quiet" and I don't hear from him till the morning! If Ash can do it, the original 'allergic to sleep' boy then anyone can. haha

Edited by Katie_R

Katie_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 8:19am
Oh and hi TJ! Long time no chat!

Sorry to hear about your cfs. It's horrible huh? That must have been truly hard for you so young!

Love hearing updates on your kids, that sucks about the ear problems! Poor little pumpkin!

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 8:32pm
Hooray! That's just what I needed to hear. I've been doing whatever she wants me to do to help her sleep. If I try to change anything then it makes things much worse! We co-sleep for half the night, she is happy in her cot right up against our bed for the first half though. And there is no way she would let me take her boobie milk away right now. But we're happy with everything for now

OK, I have revised the rice pudding breakfast and THIS is the recipe to rule over all other recipes;

1 granny smith apple, cored, peeled, chopped.
1 banana, peeled and chopped.
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 c short grain rice
3 c water

Cook it on low while you sleep.
Pour a little cream on top. Yes. Cream.

I haven't made muffins with this mix yet because I eat it all. Even though it probably serves 4.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 7:09am
AND 1/2 tsp vanilla essence!
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 8:49pm
Amby that sounds delicious, muast have to make it one day, although I'm doing Weight Watchers so maybe not the cream.
Katie thats so cool about Ash. We've seemed to go the other way, after being quite a good sleeper James was climbing into our bed every night and waking me up by kicking us, clinging to the edge of the bed. Now I've put a mattress on the floor and he sleeps on that which is slightly less annoying at least I might get to sleep all night without waking. But I agree Katie sometimes its too hard to force the issue, I know James won't be doing it when he's 20.
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 7:31am
A floor mattress is our plan if Shelbi is still in with us when she's 2 or 3. Baby steps :)
You could put yoghurt on your rice.
Frick it's cold here! I had the heater cranking in our room and it was still only 16deg, making for one cranky baby who does NOT like cold cheeks! Come back summer!!!!
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:33am
Hi all, long time no see... thought I'd poke my nose in and see if anyone is still around??  Can't believe my big girl is 4 now, and Kaitlyn is almost 2.5yrs old.  Time flies!  Life has been busy for us - I've been doing Tupperware since March, and am almost at the end of a 15wk contract teaching position.  That, combined with a really bad winter of all of us (esp the girls) catching everything that went around, has definitiely kept us on our toes! 

Amby - how's Shelbi's sleep going?  I remember the hard roads with Bethany... and she LOVES her sleep now.  And Kaitlyn's never been able to get enough - she'll still fall asleep anywhere (like yesterday afternoon on the couch watching her sister have a mini meltdown!).

Must fly... love to you all x

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 446447448