FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in July 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 262>
Author
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 3:13pm
I want number 2! But its on the hold cards at the moment. I just got my new car yesterday, the owner (mums friend) rang and said lets do it mum was procrastinating something terrible about it lol. So now I have space in the boot whoop whoop and space in the back seat. I plan on keeping nia strapped in her pram for a long time yet! She does get tired quickly because she's such an active little girl I need it anyway so easier to have the boot space.

Yeah M2K I thought it would be easy, we only have about 6-7kids come to playgroup and theres only 4 that are regulars there so I thought I might as well do a cake, maybe sausage rolls and stuff, then we can have a "party" we get popcorn, fruit and crackers supplied every week because we're ministry of education funded so something a bit more substantial will go down well with the kids.

Oh and Nia's tantrums are TERRIBLE I want to strangle her somedays I actually have to put her back in her bed after her nap sometimes because she is so tired and stroppy I can't deal with it. I have started time out in the hall way it was by the breakfast bar but I figure if I shut the bathroom door then she can't get up to much trouble and its not right by us. We can also swing the hall shut as we have one of those foam thingees for it I just have to turn a light on in her room as the hall light is a sensor light that turns on for less than 10secs kinda annoying.

We are half heartedly TT here, only because she's not ready but every now and again I have her in just undies when we're out the front playing and ask her if she needs to go toilet and the other night told her she was and her aunty took her whoop whoop no accident that time lol.

Sponsored Links

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 8:45am

No more babies for me!!!!

awesome about getting a new care honeybuns. We want to start toilet training but cant as no working toilet in house and im not teaching her in a portaloo lol .

Yay im finally moving!!!! after 8 1/2months of no sewerage and not being able to use the backyard at all i have finally had enough .I just happend to browse at trademe the other night , first time iv even looked at houses since moving in here a yr ago. i have been too scared to because i have heard how hard it is to find a rental property at the moment because of the earthquake and also prices in certain areas have risen significantly . My suspicions were right! there was next to nothing suitbale for us within our price range and in a area away from the bulk of the earthquake damage .... but then i look up "latest listings" and waa-laa up pops a house that looks perfect! it ticked ALL the boxes , massive fenced backyard, heatpump, dishwasher , working toilet (these are all luxeries we have not had at this place) , its 3 bedroom plus a wee one room sleepout out back, its a 3-5min walk from phoenixs school (at the moment i have been travelling right across town to drop her off on the mornings we have her only to come back home , bath amelia , take her to preschool then travel back over that side of town to go to work till 8pm ) so this alone is reason to move! . its much closer to work for both rich and i . I didnt think we would get it at all because before us they had 12 families through then another 5 or 6 after us plus HEAPS of enquiries about it so i was super shocked when the landlord picked us! Im so happy , i cant even begin to explain how nice it will be to use a working toilet in my own home again lol its the little things! I think thats what im most excited about , that and the fact we wont have to leap over overflowed kitchen/bathroom/laundry water just to get to the washing line or worry about tripping or falling in cracks when im taking amelia for a walk  . We are moving the day after Amelias birthday and 2 days before her party so that will be stressful , i dont think im going to make her cake now , it will just be too hectic . ill get a friend of a friend to make it .

The only downside is my landlord , i do fell very guilty about leaving as hes been so lovely to us and given us some free rent and just been really supportave . i know he gave the new landlord a really good reference for us so thats really nice of him .i just feel guilty because i realise he will be having to pay a mortgage here and theres no way hes gonna get anyone in here or if he does they will be on extremely reduced rent. It really is so hard on owners of houses in this area as no repairs are getting done until the land reports come through as its possible that all the houses in this area will be getting demolished because of the unstable land being so close to the river but they are taking there sweet time deciding and in the meantime so many people are living in horrendous contitions and in the middle of a cold winter because they simply cant afford to move anywhere else while paying a mortgage . im lucky that im renting at the moment!

Edited by julz85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 2:28pm
Yay Julz I saw your post on FB! That must be such a nice feeling. I love moving and setting up house I know weird.

We went to chipmunks for playgroup today, one of the woman is weird and everything is easy for her, or she won't buy things from kmart and things like that, when she made a comment today one of my friends rolled her eyes I cracked up.

Love having my car, its got anchor points already but I'm not sure they're suitable so I'm gonna take it to be checked have a bolt to put in if I need to anyway as DP wants her to be in the middle, I do too.

Took her cot side off yesterday and she's gone so great, she cracked me up though because mentally she can't get out of the cot she thinks the bars are still there, but she knows they're not its funny, yesterday she got so worked up, this morning she was crying and whinging I swung the door open and stood in the door way saying come on. Works in my favour though as she stays in bed when I put her there lol

Kelz3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelz3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 10:34am
my middle son Cooper was due 2nd july, but born in may at 6weeks 2days premmy
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2011 at 9:07pm
Welcome Kelz3 -- was he born in 2009? Hope hes doing well now.

Julz - I wish you hadn't put that link to the cool pinnies on fbk ... I've purchased 5 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much new to report - kids sick - so gonna be a fun weekend, not!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 3:50pm
haha Nikki- they are cool aye! the lady who makes them is really lovely too and i love it how she makes things to order and they are all one offs!Amelias party dress will be one of hers .
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 6:47pm
Nothing much happening here. Ben is being a stroppy little toad and saying no to everything, can see he is going to be fun (not!) as he gets older. He keeps saying he wants to go to the toilet so this could be the start of the TT journey, can't really be bothered though

After 3.5mths have finally managed to switch banks and get the $$ we need to finish the house. DH spent all this weekend and last doing the deck since we already had most of the materials. Next weekend the drain layer will be here (hello more mud ) and DH will start on the bedrooms. Looking forward to the end, just not the journey

For those of you that did EBM did you use a manual or electric breast pump? Want to get one for this baby but not sure if I really need to spend the extra on an electric or not.

Nikki - hope your weekend/the kids were ok especially with the rain
Lindsey

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2011 at 9:05pm
Yeah it was actually quite nice having a quiet weekend. Morgan has one of the last molars coming through, hence the moaning and clinginess!

I had an electric pump and used it heaps with Jake but to be honest I just used the manual part with Morgan, as I tended to be wandering around while expressing with her! DH hated to noise the electric one made too ... and I was useless with batteries so always had it plugged in (hence sitting still with it). It was definitely easier on the hand though! I have the avent one. Had no issues with it, but don't know if the extra money spend to get the electric one was really worth it.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
fattykat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 10:25am
Lily never got the hang of BF so I expressed for 5 months (before I had enough and gave up) so for me a electric was a must. I had a Medela Swing which was great.

Hands up here for the worst parent award!!! Tried to drown Lily yesterday....we went to the park to feed the ducks and I was holding her as she was feeding them then I had a itchy eye so let go for a second to rub it and she stepped forwards, tripped and went head first into the pond. She was still falling as I grabbed her by her leg and yanked her out. Poor wee thing, and me I almost had a heart attack. There was a man & his children close to us and he ran over with a towel to wrap her in. God I felt so bad and couldn't believe how fast it happened.....Although strangly enough she didn't seem all that worried and was more concerned that we were leaving the park and she couldn't feed the ducks anymore!

She is a no girl also but has also started saying 'no go away' to me and occasionally to DP.

She has been sick for the last week with a bad cold/cough so has been a grumpy wee thing.
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 11:03am

Oh Fattykat i must admit i did LOL at the way you explained that. poor thing . it can happen so quickly aye!

we got heaps more liqufaction and damage again after last weeks quake and we still have no water , i was at work when the 5.7 hit and couldnt get hold of amelias preschool which is on the other side of town to where i work (its round the rd from home )and it took me about 2 hrs before i got to her , on the way home i was helping my sis in law who also works with me to get her wee boy from his preschool because she didnt have her car that day , i was sitting in the carpark at her boys preschool by myself in my parked car while she went into the preschool with phoenix (who i had also picked up from school ) and thats when the 6.3 hit! i was sitting in the parked car right next to a massive 3 story really old building , its was bloody terrifying! windows breaking , bricks falling, the scariest quake iv been in because ussually im at home , i thought the building was going to fall on me and i didnt know weather to stay in the car or run out and the car was fully moving back and forwards. actually scared the crap out of me ! . poor sis in law came running out of the preschool with her baby boy and phoenix , she was hysterically crying because she saw all these lights in the preschool fall down and she had to grab phoenix by her hair to get her away from a falling light .  At this stage i was really nervous about amelia because i still didnt know if she was ok , finally got to her preschool and she was fine :) a big light had also fallen down at her preschool but no kids hurt , amelia had been going around patting all the younger kids on the head saying " shakey skay gone , you ok now " lol proud mummy moment!

iv put a recent post in "toddler times" forrum about Amelias behaviour and i can see a few of you have comented , thanks for your advice! , im having a really hard time with her at the moment , ended up seeing sperm donor yesterday for first time in a yr (he hasnt seen amelia in a yr also) i just wanted a chat about his behaviour as a child as he was diagnosed with ADD as a young child , I have had a lot of feedback on my post about food and allergies so im going to look into that further and hopefully get some answers!

Edited by julz85
fattykat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 2:06pm
I can laugh about it now too. Poor wee thing, I'm surprised she hasn't got a sore hip or leg from being yanked up the way I didn    It certainly does happen so fast.

Wow how scary for you, I really don't know how you cope (although I guess its just a case of having too) I would well and truely over it but as a outsider looking in its a lot easier to say I would leave. But when its your home town with your friends and family there it not so easy to up and leave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 2:53pm
oh fattykat that is horrifying. We were at a park for storytime one day friend and our kids her daughter was one minute next to us and the next we turned around and she was at the duckpond, one of our friends saw her and sprinted she didn't worry about her own daughter as she was with her sister. But man it was so scary, Nia's always running round and being a pain so if I remember she has her wrist strap on. One thing I have started and it works really well is when I am fussing with the car and getting her in and out and my bag and stuff I tell her hands on the car so she goes into the arrest position and she's there and not wandering. I still have her in arms reach but I know she's there and not standing dangerously close to the end or whatever. She also knows she gets in trouble if she doesn't do it.

Went to the shops today and got some size 3 pants and jumpers and things and will go to farmers to have a further look soon.

Feeling anti life at the mo just resentful of it. I have no life it revolves round Nia and DP and I have no money for myself when he still does and it pisses me off! I don't know how he spends so much money on himself and then I'm meant to pay for everything on his two days off for all three of us it's not fair. Even today after I had taken off from him yesterday morning he still used my card. Will have to sit down and talk to him more about it. He wonders how we are getting no where.

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 3:54pm

Yea fattykat its more a case of just having to put up with it but i really am well and truely over it , if it wasnt for the fact im in a relationship i would have up and left by now! we have to stay in chch as thats where phoenixs mother is and she also has a older son to someone else that she also has shared custody of so in a way we are kind of tied here for the kids sake but even last week i still contemplated just up and leaving , i just couldnt leave DP . i love him to bits but at the same time its soooo hard . Theres no cbd anymore , its still blocked off to the public , aftershocks daily , stress of no sewerage and now no water too since last monday , roads an absolute mess,  just all doing my head in . feel like im gonna break soon . I dont know how much chch can take to be honest , you can see it on everyones faces , its like fear , you go to the mall and you know everyones thinking the same thing "am i in a safe place if we get another one " im forever checking where i am , making sure im not under any unstable bricks or signs or anything that could hit me in the head if one hit , its a ritual i got through constantly, and im frigging over it, everyone here is on mega high stress levels , i read an artical last week that compared chch residents stress levels as that of people living in a war zone , aparantly the stress, anxiety and depression we are all feeling is pretty much the same as residents of afghanastan , east timor etc etc . i just wish the aftershocks would stop so we could all try and relax just a little and get on with the rebuild process .

Elle- its really hard and i know where you coming from , just this last mth dp has gone and got 2 full days of tattooing for himself and he bought a new ps3! , i understand that hes actually been saving for mths and doing a whole heap of overtime and he  was meant to get the tattoos the wknd after feb quake so the moneys just been sitting there but it still makes me mad! i never ever spend that sort of money on myself ! it all goes on dd , him , and his dd . I guess he helps support me as i only work part time but it still erks me so i know where you are coming from - sounds like yas need to have a chat .

Kids+ water = scary! man they are just so quick , i live VERY close to a river ( about a 30sec walk ) and i get terrified that amelias is gonna escape out the house one day to go find the ducks! good thing we are moving

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 11:01pm
just had another one ... a 5.3 , shook the entire house violently , ran into Amelias room (she slept through it along with phoenix) and i held onto her cot and swayed with it for ages , man that one just rolled on forever. Rich just sat in the lounge still playing his dam ps3 while i ran around like a mad woman checking on the kids . dam men!
M2K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 6:49pm
uuurgh, that one was AWFUL, keira woke up crying, really feel for those whose kids are terrified to sleep at night. Shocks were out towards Akaroa way, what the heck is going on in this place!

I used both electric and manual pumps, I found the manual less harsh on my nipples, either the setting on the electric was too hard or not sucking enough haha, but I wish I had of breastfed longer with Azaria, with Keira my milk didn't come through for a long time (same 2nd time round) but was feeding and expressing alot, didn't quite have the same time to sit around and feed Azaria as I did with Keira (other half was back at work straight away). Not long to go til our "babies" 2nd birthdays! I got tickets to see Dorothy the Dinosaur but now am too nervous to go see a show

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by M2K M2K wrote:

I wish I had of breastfed longer with Azaria, with Keira my milk didn't come through for a long time (same 2nd time round) but was feeding and expressing alot, didn't quite have the same time to sit around and feed Azaria as I did with Keira (other half was back at work straight away).

It was the opposite for me, I fed Ben till 16mths where as by 11mths Jack was having token bfs

Heard a snippet on the news that they regraded one of last night's aftershocks, assume it was the one they said was about 5.3 but everyone insisted was 6.
Hope you guys have a quiet night tonight
Lindsey

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 4:43pm

well my house as i thoght has been red-zoned! good thing we are moving!

fattykat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 2:21pm
Wow Julz, it is good your moving (at that you found somewhere all things considered)
At least your current landlord now know where he stands in regards to the house.

Last night I opened the front door, left it open and went down the two steps to get some more firewood when I hear 'bye Mummy' and the door slam shut following by the 'click' of the lock. The little toad had locked me out of the house (in the rain I might add)
I tried all the other doors (getting soaked in the process) nope all locked (I've locked myself and before and you can not break into our house I discovered)
DP was out and I had no idea when he would be home.
I had turned the bath on but thankfully shut the bathroom door (she can't reach the handles on the interior doors, just the front & back outside doors) and was having visions on the bathroom flooding with water seeping into the hallway.
Luckly the garage was unlocked and there is a phone in there so ran it and called DP telling him to get home....turns out he was less than a block away from thank god!
I've now stashed a spare key outside just in case it ever happens again!
I'm laughing about it today. Especially the 'bye mummy'

Edited by fattykat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:34pm
OMG little toad lol. Funny but would have been so scary! If that had happened to me and I had no key I would have broken the bathroom window lol. I've already decided I'm going to break the car window if she gets stuck in there somehow and I know I'm somewhere that no one can come to. Luckily for me though there are 9 different people that have keys to the house which are all mostly in driving distance.

I had Nia with no nappy on the other day, she's got a really bad contact rash and it almost looks like a burn obviously the nappy rubbed abit much there, anyway she had had no nappy on for awhile, had already weed on the carpet not a problem and just as I said to her, I'll go get you a nappy and some cream I came out to find her standing in the corner pooing on the carpet AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH. I picked her up and chucked her in the bath as she had stood in it and cleaned it up. Her dad got up just as I was finishing with her so he dressed her for me. Little bugger, I was laughing but my gosh.

Oh and today the little bugger, had drawn on the wall I asked her if she did it "yeah" so I put her in timeout she screamed and then my dad went and pulled her up to cuddle her... She's in trouble dad, hence the reason she's standing in the corner in the hallway lol

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 8:51am
I am sooo angry! Some moron decides not to immunise her kid, then she brings him to playcentre last week and we found out yesterday he has measles. So now we're all in isolation, even though my kids have had 1 MMR shot! And we have to take poor Morgy for her MMR today with Jake who is getting all the 4yr ones, or they can't go back to kindy / daycare or out in public!!! (as with one shot they are only 93% likely to be immune).

Of course there were 4 kids who had been exposed at Jakes party at the weekend, so I have all sorts of other parents freaking out about their kids now too. And my 3 month old neice was there(one of the young boys hadn't had his 15mth shot yet and had been exposed at PC, so quite likely he could have it) so of course she hasn't had her 15mth shots yet. Poor bubba got exposed to chicken pox last week too, so fingers crossed she doesn't come down with both :(

I am so annoyed!! I am paying the consequences for people who choose not to vaccinates choices when I do the right thing and get my kids done!!! ie: chance of measles for my kids, kids they've been in contact with, the more vulnerable (cancer patients, elderly, prem bubs etc) in society, plus time off work (no pay), paying for daycare while they're off, and Morgan having to have her jab 2 years early to come out of isolation!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR do these idiots really think about how they are affecting other people with their stupid decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????? One girls bro has cancer and another girls niece, really hoping they are OK!!!!!!

I hope she doesn't come back into PC cos she will be getting a piece of my mind if she does!!!!!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 262>