FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in August 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 826827828829830 833>
Author
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 3:51pm
New Years? What's that these days! We don't have any plans, although there's a bottle of Bollinger sitting in the pantry that DH and I might crack open and perhaps something special for tea? How sad am I but I doubt we'll even reach midnight.

Not a lot to report here. Busy trying to pack and get sorted for the move. MC - did moving unsettle Ryan at all? I'm wondering how A will find it?

The poor lamb woke at 4.30am really upset and took a couple of goes to resettle (and pamol) but then we all woke up at 9.45am! Bliss.
Sponsored Links

Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 7:40pm
no plans for new years here...
we, sadly are the same as in hoping to even still be awake..haha

great that for once karl wont be working as he usually does on new years...

bubs is getting better but boy was he hard to please today!!! had me running around after him all fricken day.

awwww...i didnt realise that cooper wasnt walking yet. i bet thats just around the corner..

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 8:09pm
New Years? I've hardly ever made it to midnight and rarely do anything fun, at least now I have an excuse...

Bec - Ryan wasn't really fazed by the move. Leave the same sheets on his bed so that it all smells the same when he goes to sleep. IF he's like Ryan, he'll probably be a bit knackered by all the excitement of exploring a new place that he'll crash!

Tanya - meant to ask the other day but did Karl ever end up taking that job at CG?

I finally bought Ryan his big boy bed today. I got it, plus the mattress for $268 so feeling pretty happy about that. It's just a foarm mattress but figure he can get an innerspring when he's heavier and after he stops peeing the bed LOL.

Nix21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nix21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:43pm
Hi Y'all,

Haven't had a lot to post really.....if it makes you feel better Georgia is centuries away from walking! She is finally trying to get herself upright, in the last couple of days she has figured out a crazy-ass way of pulling herself up onto her feet and then getting angry that she doesn't know how to get down, I know you will all remember this stage many, many months ago, so I thought I would give you a chance to reminisce!!! (sp?)

We have no New Years plans either......we did 3 parties last year, so I feel we have done our dash for a couple of years!

15 month jabs tomorrow (I know a little late!), not looking forward to it. Hope all the other little folk are feeling better and G still insists she is sorry if she inflicted the illnesses....

Over and out!
Nix
pekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 10:56pm
oh...I am quickly coming in to say. Ella and Leah's sore throats may just hve been HFM. All they had were sore throats, but DF has come out over the last couple of days with blisters all over his hands, temperature and sore throat. We are assuming he had it much worse than the girls as..

1. He is a man

2. He had glandular fever a year a go and has never really recovered.

I got nothing!! I am awesome!!
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:26am
they keep ringing him MC so he went in to meet the crew and see the new club....very very flash apparently ...strip club, whorehouse and private apartments
they had 3 or more levels and wait for it....2 security..wtf!!!
they may seem very pro on the outside but internally they are real unprofessional and thats not Karl, not when it comes to security.
a shame really as i had really geared myself up for it and we were looking forward to some extra money.
i think deep deep down i still had issues with it that i was just keeping to myself and i know that fate must have been looking out for me
it made me feel fat and old all of a sudden..haha

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:56am
Poor DH Pekay... my DH has a sore back and wrist at the moment and you'd think he was crippled!

Hope G does okay with her jabs. Alex was a bit funny after the 5 month ones but did really well with the 15 months.

He's got this real cute thing at the moment where he goes round looking for Gus (his seahorse) going "uh-oh" with his arms wide open as if to say "where is he"? And then when he finds him he laughs and squeals and gives him a huge hug and kiss. Do any other babies have the one special toy? A won't sleep without Gus and I'm wondering when to try and wean, or whether to even bother?
Emlt80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emlt80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 10:26am
Totally understand you guys with men not being well. My DH has a bad back too. He was spear tackled while playing league as a teenager in aus and was damaged quite badly (they nearly had him in traction). His back has always been a bit bad, but its getting worse. He has a sprain and part of his back hasn't fused together properly, so now we know he has a mild form of spina bifida, but at least he can walk.

Imogen is really into my ipod touch at the moment and technology, but she has a few fav toys. One of her god mothers got her a set of dolls bottles. I think its funny seeing little girls rolls as she walks around cuddling Penny and tries to feed her a bottle so so so cute.

Good luck with those jabs G let us know how they go as Immis is on the 6th of Jan (only cause when it was meant to happen she was super super sick, so couldn't do it). She has hayfever and has it really bad. Running around in the grass yesterday she came up in eczema and also had a runny eye and runny nose, so we have loroped thank god.

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 11:37am
Ryan has never gotten very attached to a special toy. I keep waiting for it to happen but he just doesn't show much interest. He is very attached to his dummy though so perhaps that is stopping his attachment to another "soothing object". Who knows. I refuse to feel bad about him using his dummy though. I try to keep him away from it during the day but don't really plan to tackle weaning until we get back from Hawaii in July. I want him to be able to use it on the plane and in the strange hotels, etc.

I wouldn't bother weaning him from his stuffed animal...ever. He will naturally get rid of it when he's "too big for baby toys" haha

Did you guys hear about the mum who left her baby in the car on a hot day while she went into the mall to do some christmas shopping? Gah!!!!! WTF is wrong with people?!

Poor DF Kate. I got the sore throat and full on body aches but no blisters. Was NOT fun though!

Poor Imogen with her hayfever!

binitza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binitza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 1:45pm
Evie is very attached to her "lion" which is actually a small stuffed toy leopard that we got at Australia Zoo when she was about 4-5 months old. She has only started to become attached to it majorly in the past 3 or so months. She cuddles it when she sleeps and often she will carry it around the house with her and takes it in the car and to the shops etc. I don't think I'll bother weaning her off it because it provides comfort and she will give it up when she is ready..

Hope G goes well with her jabs!
I also hope everyone feeling sick feels much better soon.

Is it bad to say that I'm glad Christmas is over? I loved watching Evie open her presents and run around enjoying herself, but its such a stressful time of year..
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:48pm
Bad?? i am f**ken glad its over...haha
xmas sucks....and i had a particually good one this yr too..

if i could start over with the kids they would get minimal....ONE gift from us, ONE gift from santa and then maybe a stocking with crap in it.
it gets hard when several kids come along...

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:50pm
oh forgot...

vanda appears to be getting attached to two of his blankets...whenever he wakes and gets up they have to come with him or he cries.
i would totally let then get attached...

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:47pm
Haha, thanks for the advice on the toy. Bearing in mind my son is trotting round with an aquamarine seahorse. next time remind me to get him attached to a more manly toy!!!

Had to go pick him up early from daycare today as he had a temp of 39C. Laid out a matress and pillows on the floor for him to nap on - instead he started bodyslamming the place and acting like a wrestler
pekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:11pm
urrm...I am sure you have all seen photos of Jerry. We started with one. We got a backup, for when we wanted to wash the other. We accidentally left 2 out one day and she was hooked. Then for xmas, we had a new one under the tree. She snuck into it and then there were 3....sigh.
Every morning we she waltzes into our room with all 3 of them....somehow she manages to still find them all in the dark.

I won't be surprised if she has them when starting school..
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:16pm
Haha that's gorgeous about her waltzing into your room with all three. Does she come in to your room in the mornings? Can't wait for A to do that!!

Yes we have two Gus' - Gus the Original and Gustav. Don't think he's cottoned on to it yet. And only one has had the snip - it still glows but no longer sings as he kept rolling onto it in hte night and waking himself up!
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:25pm
Hahaha, that's adorable about Leah and her 3 Jerrys! Ryan also has 2 Moomaws but he's not really that attached and it just stays in his cot. I would say he's more attached to remote controls than Moomaw...

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 9:05pm
Megan, bella isnt attached to a toy or blankie either, but like Ryan she loves her dummy.
Caden on the other hand has his gree cuddle blanket with a teddy bear head, and he is VERY attached to it, he calls it his baby lol he also has a blue one and has aquired bellas pink one, he is also majory attached to his dummy "nummies", Im going to take the kids dummys from them at the same time when Bella is 2 I think..

Caden carrys his "babies" EVERYWHERE and he asks from them if he cant find them etc, so very attached to them indeed!

ETA- OMG about the stupid mum who left her baby in the car!! What a DUMB bitch!!!! When my mum was UTD with me, she rescued a baby from a car, it was a hot day and the baby was hysterical and the mum was no where in sigh, so mum got into the car and then the women came back and said nothing to my mum and drove off

Edited by Sheza
LeeG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 9:21pm
Abi has a bunny rabbit toy, quite realistic looking that she loves ... as of Christmas she's started carting it everywhere, pre Christmas it was purely a bed thing! We should have just got her a colouring book and the bubbles - definitely her fav presents

Attempting a trip up to Tauranga on Sunday ... hopefully it will be a healthier trip than our other attempts! She is an absolute delight, chats non stop and has an opinion on everything! Definitely getting better at communicating and was very offended when she was saying helloooo to the pumpkin patch shop assistant who wasn't responding - sometimes I wonder why these people work in childrens shops?!

For NY we are off into town for dinner but I doubt that I'll make midnight ... I like my bed too much
Dani01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dani01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 11:15pm
Sene has a Peter Rabbit bunny and a pink blankie that she is attached too, but not normally during the day or that comes out with us. Sometimes there's the odd exception though.

She likes her Seahorse as well, but not attached to it.

Got a job interview tomorrow, not a job I want...but its a job.

Sene loves the pool, and we took her to the beach yesterday, she had so much fun!

She hasn't had a runny nose, sore ears or coughed at all since we have been here, not sure whether it is a change in climate, or not being at daycare?

Sitting here in my togs and boardies, what a horrible site! haha
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 8:49am
It will probably be not being at daycare Dani. When I took ryan out it was amazing how NOT sick he was LOL.

Sheena, I'm kind of the same. I was thinking around two but I think I want to try psychology to get him to give up his dummy. Figure out what he likes and then say something to tim where Ryan can hear us "It's too bad Ryan can't be a pirate..." "Why?" "Cause pirates don't use dummies"

Have heard others doing that and it working so I thought I'd give it a try. LOL! Will probably fail miserably!!!

Off to Timaru this weekend! Staying with the lovely pekay and girls. Hoping to do a champagne brunch on Sunday with GG as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 826827828829830 833>