FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in August 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 828829830831832 833>
Author
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:20pm
Poor T Jay - that's so not cool, esp when you're his age! Hope the household is coping okay.
Sponsored Links

Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:06pm
youve got that right bec...he is the most miserable i have ever seen him...(he is very vain, which isnt helping) trying to tell him that all will be okay when he has 5 (and counting... ) blister-like pus sores on his face, when there was only one this morning...
this is a real cruel illness isnt it!!!!!
and i have been watching our little wee man run around all happy today thinking 'oh no....'
so we took him out to feed ducks and what not presuming it may be his last outing for a bit....who knows?i do wish Vanda was a bit older to get it...

wish us luck....

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:08pm
oh on a personal note.....i feel like a fat pig
i have made some kinda desert every night this week!!!and havent worked out for nearly 2 wks now.
tomorrow i head back to the gym.....i will suffer.

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
Emlt80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emlt80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 2:23pm
Poor T-Jay thats not cool at all. I remember having chicken pox.

We have had an awesome couple of days at Maratei beach its 20 mins drive so we have gone out both days. In the beginning Imogen was really unsure about the water, but yesterday she was so excited to see it. Today we are heading down to cockle bay beach

Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:22pm
Mmm.. desert. Hubby and I decided to eat better this year, I swear I'm having hallucinations. I thought I saw squiggle tops in the fridge before... I don't even eat biscuits much!!!

So so so hot here today. Alex had a 14 hour sleep over night then was grumpy at 1pm so went down for another nap and is still asleep.. Growth spurt maybe? Off to the mount tomorrow for the day so hope he's happier!

Seriously contemplating jumping in his paddling pool with an icey cold beer...

I didn't realise you were a teach Aquarius. It is something I've always toyed with...
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 4:40pm
aerobics....perfect job. but you have to be fit as hell which is hard to get back too..

soooooo hot here as well...Vanda cant even go outside as the concrete is too hot...haha i had to carry him to his sandpit.

one good thing with an old house...it may be cold in winter but it is also cool in summer

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
pekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:33pm
lol...I don;t think people would turn up to an aerobics class with me taking it. My body is no inspiration, however it has always been a secret dream to be one...

Oh no to chicken pox, especially in the school holidays.

Fab Weekend with MC, her DH and Ryan. Unfortunately both Ry and Leah caught the grump bug. I think they were both back in bed at 9am this morning after waking up 6:30/7am.

Righo- night night ladies. DF is home after 5 days away.......
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:55pm
okay i will post something, although i dont have anything different to really report.
T jay has the worst case of chicken pox i have ever seen....it is totalf.lly cruel. he is absolute bed ridden and i have been on the phone to Drs and healthline....there is not much i can do but keep him comfortable, which is a feat in itself.
Vanda is still fine but i have since learnt he can have it for up to 28days before it rears its ugly head!!!
i even had to go out and do TJays stupid paper round...argh...and it started pissing down...double argh!!!

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 8:08pm
Aquarius...it is so bad in adults. I had a raging fever for 4 days and my friends who visited said I looked like I was on deaths door. I was the sickest I've ever been in my life. It is aweful in adults. HAve you been to do doc with him? I developed viral pnuemonia as well which is really common in adults with chicken pox and needed antibiotics and anti-viral meds.

We are just home from almost a week away with the inlaws. I'm shattered though as we had to share a room with Ash and that did not go well at all.

Ash is taking 2 to 3 hours to settle every evening. I thought it was a nap thing so have pushed her down to 1 nap but she is still doing it. She is 100% happy and fine during the day. Not really sure what is going on but it is tiring.

Managed to flood our entire garage today and hence have spent 8 hours cleaning it out. We had loads of boxes filled with books etc etc in there and they got wet so it's a huge job. Will continue into tomorrow I think.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 9:08pm
Gah! Not a great start to the year Fiona!

I have no thoughts about Ash and her sleep. I would go mental and basically just shut Ryan in his room until he went to sleep once I knew he wasn't in any pain. I get pretty frustrated pretty quickly sometimes.

Ryan seems to be getting one of his canines. Definitely swollen and periods on and off of extreme crankiness. Plus we're pretty sure the stress of it all is causing him to break out in coldsores so I am rubbing cream on his lips twice a day just to be on the safe side....

Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:20am
Oh no Fiona, hope today is better and Ash had a good night last night.

How's T-Jay? Any more cases of the pox in your household Aquarius.

A is at daycare today, hubby is working and I'm.... cleaning the oven. HATE that job. Joys of moving. THis time next week we'll be starting to move in though... can't wait.
BusyMum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BusyMum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 5:37pm
Argh I hate cleaning Ovens too Bexee.....I bet you can't wait to move it and for it all to be over!

Tanya - hope that dude of yours is feeling better real soon xx

Stink start to the New Year Fiona
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:08am
Sorry Aquarius...I see you were talking about your 5 year old, not your husband.

Sleep is not a happening thing here. I'm confused. Ash is great all day. She'd happily take 2 naps but we're pushing her to 1 as she seems to settle better at night with just 1. However, she is still often taking ages to go to sleep at night. Then most nights she is waking and we go in about 8 times...first, water, second bottle of milk, 3rd pamol, 4th and 5th resettle, 6th time another 200mls formula. Then she will usually settle but is up at 6am for the day.

She is still not really eating.   She LOVES to play with food but NEVER and I mean NEVER eats a whole meal i.e. she'd never eat a meal the size of her fist.

I've tried cutting the formula down and most days that goes relatively ok but then she will wake and want it at night. Most days she has 2 bottles in the day....after breakfast and after dinner. But with the settling issues etc we find she ends up having a min ot 600mls a day and often up to 1 litre of formula (most of that at night...like tonight she had 200mls at bedtime and 500mls between 1am and 3am).

I'm not sure how to manage it as I have no reserves to cope with being kept awake at night. As you know I haven't had good sleep in so many years and it is starting to really concern me.

Are your littlies still having bottles of milk? Or are you all onto cups now?
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:07am
Tanya, how is TJ? I haven't been posting but have been thinking of you guys. I hope he's on the mend and the spots clear up well - I can well imagine the devastation of a teenager covered in chicken pox scabs :-(

I know I had it when I was little, and DH thinks he has (I will check with MIL). We were just discussing it and hope Jack gets it out of the way while he is still young.

Fiona, I don't really know what to say. I don't want to sound brutal, and I do have some understanding about how it feels to be so chronically sleep deprived as you know, but if you aren't getting any sleep as it is, then I don't see that you have any sleep to lose by doing some hard yards in the night and making her hungry in the morning to take her calories through the day.

Jack is still generally on 2 BF a day (morning and bedtime) but the morning one is hit and miss. He mostly still has his water from a sippy cup but likes to drink from a regular cup but currently without much success

His vocab is expanding, although I think mostly you wouldn't recognise his words, but he is really into mimicking us at the moment. We now have banana and cheese (his 2 fave foods) and Grandma. However mostly we have a really frustrated noise he makes and a lot of him grabbing our hands and moving them toward what it is he wants. He really wants to have some words!
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:35am
Ryan still has bottles of milk but like GG they are real hit or miss. He'll often really want one in the morning but usually just plays with his one at night. Every once in awhile he'll have one during the night but this is usually when he's sick or has been up crying for awhile and is genuinely thirsty. He would have around 100-150mls most days.

Do you think she might have something wrong with her gut perhaps that's not making her happy to eat? Maybe IBS or something like that. I've no idea.

Ryan's vocab is pretty sparse. We have ma, arf arf (or a panting noise) for dog, grunt grunt noise for a pig, duck, uh oh, a mimic sound of a sing song version of hello, then he will sign for drink, potty, shower/bath. That's about it. BUT he has a tremendous 'listening vocabulary' as my Mom called it and I loved that phrase! He knows exactly what you are asking him to do most of the time and LOVES to show me where things are or go get things and bring them to me when I ask. He has also started jumping which is about the cutest thing in the entire world. MUST get a video!

Ryan has a mixture of cups. I always have a straw sippy cup floating around but he loves to drink out of a big person's cup but half the time wants to play with it and I end up with a big puddle of water on the carpet...

Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:05am
Ah Fiona, you poor thing. I don't have any real advice other to say I hope you get things sorted soon... I'd be tempted to check with the doc, again, to see if they can spot anything. Could it be ears? I know Alex's hurt when he lay down and when he had sore ears he often had multiple wakeups.

As for eating, Alex has just started getting really into it. He ate a huge plate of pasta last night. He has 3-4 bottles a day (bad I know). Trying to cut his morning and lunch ones down to 150ml, sometimes 100 but before bed (say between 6.30pm and 8pm) he usually has 300ml to 350ml!!! But Id rather load him up before bed so pfft to plunket.

A still has a real sparse vocab. Ah oh, duck, ta is about it. He can say mum and daddy but hardly ever does. I'm a bit worried about his lack of talking but he certainly understands directions like sit at your table, on your bottom, go find gus etc. His understanding and range of sounds has come on so much since grommets so hopefully he's just behind because of being glue eared for so long
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:11am
*hugs* Fiona, but I agree GG, I REALLY think you need to tough on her now, no milk at night, period, she CAN go without it, she just knows she is going to get it if she carries on crying.
I KNOW how hard the crying at night is, as Bella is still a shocking night sleeper and Im often up and down settling her, the other night she was awake every hoour, but I refuse to give her milk, I'll offer water and if she is thirsty she will drink it.

I think Ashley needs less milk, as all the milk and formula will be filling her tiny tummy, and then she doesnt want food, so I think the night time milk needs to stop, so like GG said, in the morning she is actually hungry and will want to eat something.
Milk is very filling, and their tummys are very small still.
Plunket said to me that Bella and even caden only need like, a couple of peas, one small carrot and a little bit of meat for dinner, and for breakfast fruit and toast etc, but they dont need huge portions, so even if ash eats a little bit and often it will be fine, but the milk definitely needs to be cut down I think.

Bella has one bottle a day, maybe two if shes quite unsettled, and sometimes she doesnt even want a bottle(she has milk on her cereal though)

I dont mean to sound....bossy or brutal either, but tats my honest opinion hun *hugs*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:14am
Oh vocabs, bella says a fair bit now, and she copies A LOT, I dropped something the other day and said sh*t, and oops miss bella also said sh*t bad mummy!
She said, bye bye, please, thank you(tan tu), Bella mumma, nana, bite, boat, duck etc etc. She basicly copies or tries to copy everything we say.
Shes much more advanced for her age than Caden was, maybe a girl thing?
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:27am
Apparently girls are more advanced at language skills and fine motor skills whereas boys go for the big, messy stuff I guess LOL

Ha! a couple of peas, a small carrot and a bit of meat?!! I laugh because as you know I am raising The Hulk and watched him plow through 4 shrimp, 4 slices of deli ham, 1 piece of sushi, a handful of blueberries and a whole pikelet last night.

And, ahhhh, the big boy bed. Ryan so desparately wants to go into it but inevitably you hear the pitter patter of little feet after about 2 minutes. We are basically putting him in there for his nap and seeing how it goes. Eventually I put him in the cot. Only because he is so keen on it, not cause I"m in a hurry!

Oh, and Ryan is OBSESSED with the toilet. He just learned the sign for it and off we go to have a look, sit on it and flush it, then go wash our hands. I would love to think this actually means something but it's all a bit of fun at the moment. But hopefully it just means he has learned all the bits and now just needs to learn what to do with it LOL!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:34pm
Lol well thats what plunket says, I know all kids are different, but in Ashleys case it would be totally fine :)

Bella eats HEAPS, she is my little gannet, Cadens a grazer

ETA - Just rememberd what my PN said now, they only need a meal the size of their palm, and they should have several of those a day.
Toddlers need little and often really or in Bella and Ryans case, a lot and often

Edited by Sheza
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 828829830831832 833>