FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in August 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 829830831832833>
Author
Emlt80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emlt80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:07pm
HeHe guys Imogen is the same re food.

She is also quite keen on the toilet and her vocab extends well. She is such a busy bee at the moment. DH's cousins second baby was born end of DEC and my cousin is expecting his first with his partner and its awesome news for them.

I am so confused as to when to put Imogen into a bed. I might hold her off until she is two.

Nothing else really to report here, but Imogen loves her smoothies at the moment.

Sponsored Links

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:07pm
I found waiting until C was 2 was the best thing, he dicked around far too much when I tried at 18 months. But each to their own. I just found life MUCH easier with him still in the cot! lol Bella is staying in hers until she tries to climb out!

Edited by Sheza
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:21pm
I agree Sheza. I would prefer to wait but we are somewhat going to push things along as we will be going to Hawaii in June of this year and Ryan will be expected to be sleeping in a bed in the various hotels along the way so I would really love to think that he'll have the hang of it by then. I'm actually a bit surprised that he hasn't tried to climb out of his cot as he's such a climber everywhere else.

Went to the library today and I was keeping an eye on Ryan as I dashed off here and there to pick out my books. Leave him on the blue hand chair (chair that looks like a hand) for 10 seconds only to hear a huge THUMP...pause...SCREEEEEAAAAAMMMMM. I've no idea what he did (well fell off obviously....) but I felt so mortified tried to calm this squealing baby in what is supposed to be the very quiet library. Thank goodness for it being a small town library. No one seemed to care.

Dani01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dani01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:12pm
Gosh Fiona, sounds hard. I really don't know what to say, but agree that probably cutting down the milk intake is the best to start with.

Sene has 1 - 2 bottles in the morning and a bottle before bed. Sometimes another if she is unsettled. She would normally only have 1 bottle in the morning but since moving here she has decided that 5am its time to wake up, and the only way to get her back down most mornings is with a bottle and she'll go to 6.30/7.

Well we had one failed attempt at the big girls bed, but a successful attempt last night!!! 7pm - 5am (and bottle and mummy cuddles until 6.45).

Sene is okay with her eating, eats a lot of what we eat. Loves her mexican nachos and stuff, yuuum! we are having mexican for tea tonight. She loves cheese also.

Vocab is really good: we get, mum, daddy, nana, cheese, ta, bath, why, gone, ball, juice, shoes. Of course not all the time but when she feels like it!!!

I don't come on here much anymore, more often on FB - so maybe we should look into that FB group?? Just because its quicker and easier to go on there. I duno. Up to others as well.

Oh well nappy change, got to show nana how the modern world works with these cloth nappies!
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:12pm
MC - double check as most hotels have portacots available for free. :)
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
binitza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binitza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:00pm
Evie climbs out of her cot and into her cot when she wants to have a sleep! So cheeky.. we are setting up her big girls bed in the next few weeks. She will still have her cot in her room so its more to get her used to the sight of it, let her nap etc on it if she wants.. take it nice and slow and go along with what she wants.

She is a pretty good eater, loves her fruit and meat!

Do you guys do time out at all? I'm pretty sure Evie has hit the terrible two's already! sometimes she will just be so rough with the cat and we tell her sternly no so many times, remove her from the situation, remove the cat.. other times she will get rough with us and just wont give it up. We have started to put her in "time out" which is 1 min in her bedroom with the door closed. Is that a good or a bad thing? No idea..

Her vocab is pretty good and she follows directions well. She has just started saying "Who is it?" and "where is it?" but they sound like one big word hehe "whoizit?" haha
Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:24pm
I too am surprised that Jack hasn't yet tried to climb out of his cot. He does try to climb into it (though hasn't managed it yet). I'm not even thinking big bed till I really have to.

B, I have tried time out a couple of times. I don't put him in his room because he LOVES it in there, but there is an area of hallway with absolutely nothing in it to look at or enjoy, so a couple of times I have sat him there. At the moment he really doesn't get it, but I figure in time he will start to and it will begin to work. If nothing else it 'interrupts' whatever he is doing that I want stopped (ie yanking the cat's ears or whacking me on the head with a plastic shovel

OK, shall I set up a FB group and we can suck it and see?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:27pm
Most motels etc have portacots MC When we went to palmy in June last year they got out two for us, even though Caden was in a bed then, was just easier having him in the cot so I knew he couldnt get up to no good lol
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:28pm
We do time out here. I read one book (grain of salt) where they suggest starting time out around a year. I've been doing it with Ryan for awhile and he doesn't "really" get it, but all things take time I suppose. I pick my battles though and only time out when I really dislike what he's doing.

Fiona - I suppose I should also mention we are staying at a holiday house for the majority of the time and it does have a cot but my brother is coming with their 2.5 year old and 9 month old so are giving up the cot for the 9 month old.

Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 8:32pm
Facebook group sounds like a good idea.. I can't get on here on my phone easily so lurk on FB.

Haven't tried time out yet but may do soon... like the suggestion to start to get him used to it.

Went to new house today to unpack a few bits and LOVE it. Don't move til next week but want to try and get A used to it as well. Now GG, I may have to harrass you about keeping chickens and perhaps a sheep or goat. I looked at the price of chicken coops and they're like $500 might have to get DH to make one
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:32pm
Anyone around? Ash has been screaming the house down for just over 2 hours. What do I do?!?! She has had cuddles, water, pamol but will not settle. She is exhausted. If I bring her out of her room she is happy. I suspect she just wants the comfort of a bottle but she had her 240mLs at bedtime so really shouldn't need more now.

Do I stay tough?
binitza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binitza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:40pm
Yes stay tough Fiona! She has had everything she possibly can. By the fact that she is happy when you take her out of her room just shows that she is probably perfectly fine, otherwise her screaming and distress would continue. Give her a nice big cuddle, a drink of water and put her to bed. She will eventually fall asleep. I know you don't like hearing her cry, nobody likes hearing their little one cry out.. but sometimes this may be the only way. Does she have a stuffed toy that she is attached to? Does she still dislike the dummy? You sound totally exhausted mentally and physically.. is there a sleep clinic yourself and Ashley can check into?

I know in Australia they have sleep clinics where baby/child check into with a parent and they work out why the child is having issues with sleep and teach you how to handle the situation and teach the child how to self soothe a little better and there for have a better bed time.
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:46pm
No there isn't such a thing here. There are family centres but I know the nurses there well personally and I know as much as they do about sleep (don't mean that to sound uppity!). It is just hard to let them cry when you have to listen to it as there is always that corner of your brain that wonders if there might be something wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 9:50pm
Stay tough hun, honestly, it will all be for the better in the end. She will be exhausted, but crying will not hurt her, and she needs understand that mummy isnt coming in with the bottle.
When ever I cave and let Bella come out into the lounge, oh yes she is happy alright, and as soon as I put her back to bed, she fair screams the house down, but I got tough months ago and now the crying doesnt last as long, as she knows I wont come in with the bottle or come in at all.
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:06pm
:(

Thanks Sheena. I wish their sleep could just be straight forward!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:09pm
*hugs*

Gosh I know how hard it is listening to them crying/screaming, its heartbreaking and makes you angry all in one go!
But wee Ashley definitely needs some tough love now, because YOU need a break, and the only way you will eventually get one is to break the habit now while shes still young enough.
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 6:47am
I hope she did better last night Fiona...
:(

BusyMum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BusyMum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:45am
How did you get on in the end Fiona? I hope Ash settled for ya, and you got some sleep xx

I had to go off to the Dr's yesterday, I just started bleeding randomly, with a few clots but had major sharp tummy pains. The Dr thinks I have had an ovarian cyst that has burst or is on its way out. So, I just have to take it easy and go back in a week for an ultrasound to see whats going on. He didn't seem overly worried about the bleeding, which I thought was strange, but I guess it could be my body having a bit of a clean out.
Nix21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nix21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:38pm
Nasty Rach, hope it all ends up okay. Poor chick.

Agree with the hoping Ashley and Fiona made it through the night okay. I can't remember all the questions, but there was something about bottles, we have recently taken G down to 1 a day at bedtime, sometimes if she really needs one she will have one during the day time but that is maybe a once in a few weeks thing.

G eats about 1 weetbix or cereal/porridge for breakfast and she kinda snacks during the day, rice crackers and dried fruit (cos of her dislike for fresh fruit..), lunch time she might have a marmite or peanut butter sandwich and yoghurt, usually afternoon tea - more crackers or a milkies bar, something like that, when I pick her up from preschool at 4.15ish she has a baby mum mum rice bar in the car on the way home and then dinner at around 5/5.30 which to be honest more often than not is Little Kids or Only Organic 12 month + food, I am trying to work in more of our food, but I am quite slack at it....she ate pizza the other night.....well the base....

I don't know if it helps Fiona but at the beginning of the week I think G had an ear infection (thankfully fixed itself) and to put her to bed DH actually figured out if you stood next to her and just stroked her chest and or forehead it soothed her almost to sleep and then he would leave. She is better now so we no longer have to do it, but I wonder if it is worth a shot for you? But don't make that a new habit!
Nix
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:43pm
hey guys....
fiona...i agree with the others. if yiu are certain she is fine in all areas (iykwim) then cry her out BUT leave for say 15min go in, dont talk to her, just place her back down (she will probably scream louder and get back up, thats okay) and say good night or whatever and walk out.....leave for a bit longer and do again and again....
this may last for a few nights but it will suddenly stop when she gets that it aint gonna work and it is time to sleep!!! good luck

rach....hope you feeling okay chick. a friend of mine just had an ovarian cyst removed and was out of action for almost a month...not nice.
it is something that is big in my family ( my nana had one removed the size of a newborns head!!!!!) and of my mums 7 sisters 5 have had hysterectomys(sp?) as a result....so i have to pay attention to things like that.

what else....oh yeah i have a BIG eater here...
he just fricken eats all day...

vanda is too young for time out....he wouldnt know what the hell...but i save my angry voice for special occasions. most of what he does is explorive ( is that a word) but if he does something i know he knows not to he will get a short sharp ''NO"...he will get a hell of a shock and usually cry....bingo.

i think big beds can be whenever you feel you want to...but its up to your committment to weather it will be a success or not.
and what i might think is successful may not be what someone else does...so its a personal thing i feel meaning no right or wrong.
me, personally am not preparred to have him get up whenever he wants...haha. i like him up when i am ready at the moment so cot it shall be for a while.

im gonna check out FB...

oh...MC...how bad are you???abandonment AND endangering his welfare

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 829830831832833>