FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue in August 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 830831832833>
Author
Emlt80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emlt80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:26pm
Ouch Rach. That was the reason Imogen came a year earlier than we thought. I had a ovarian cyst prob from the pill but luckily it came out on its own and ok.

We are looking into a second bigger car. thinking of a toyota station wagon (altezza). Found one cheap, but have to finance it. But am thinking if we do it now, by the time 2013 comes by (when second bub shall arrive) is that it would be all paid off. much bigger than our runx for shopping and a pram. Oh well get this then my finances are going to be put on track.

Am editing this because we have decided to hold on a bit cause DH has been referred to orthopaedic surgeon for his back issues so want to see what happens there first.

Edited by Immismum

Sponsored Links

mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 8:30am
I know Tanya! I had debated with myself but he was so happy and calm sitting on the chair. I'd looked up my book and was literally running to pick out my book from the shelf right by him when he fell off. Seriously! As least I didn't just leave him there, finally meander over and slap his bottom yelling at him to "Be Quiet!".

I remember going to the grocery store and in the parking lot there was a cute little girl sitting in the cart and I was smiling at her. She started to whine a little bit and her mom yelled "Shut up!"   Ugh.....I try to remember that every time I have a bad day where I just want to yell at him.

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:47am
*hugs* MC accidents happen, dont worry! I had Caden sitting on one of the dining room chairs and I was right there with him, and he slipepd and bashed his head on the table and landed face down on the tiles(im pretty sure I posted in here about it)/ I felt AWFUL!!! it was so abd Iw as enarly going to take him to afterhours, but he seemed fine apart from the giant bump on his forehead.
We cant watch them every second of the day and its usually in those seconds that they go and ass over

ETA- Boo to that mother at the shop MC!! I have said "ughhh shut up" to myself when they kids are being brats lol, but I would never yell shut up to them if they were gizzling a bit, If they do that while we are out I just Ohh whats wrong or shhh or whatever lol or I get them something yummy to munch on Instant quietness!

Edited by Sheza
Emlt80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emlt80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:40am
Accidents do happen. I don't know if you guys know this idea, but if they bite their lip or tongue you can give a teaspoon of sugar as the crystals in it help clot the blood and stop the bleed. It works really well and the taste usually calms them down.

I would never tell Immi to shut up. Usually if I am angry with her I will ignore her. I had really bad temper tantrums as a kid, so when I see her I think of me and what I would do differently to what my mum did. don't get me wrong, my mum is fantastic, she is just a bit soft and gave in constantly to me in this area. I am trying to be a bit harder, but fair. When she calms down ( I use this method at work too with the kids) she gets a hug so she knows I love her, I tell her this. I always go under the title of its not the child its the behaviour ( I did a research paper on this when I did my diploma).

The biggest thing that annoys me as a teacher though is that if a child got badly hurt like that at our daycare the parents would be angry at us for it. We always try and avoid accidents of course, but then know if it happened at home we would be sympathetic to the parents feelings.

LeeG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:35am
morning ladies, it's interesting seeing the posts on fb but I probably won't post much on their ... it's too open for my liking - I know that probably sounds strange but can't everyone you have as friends read the updates?

Anyway, we had a lovely Christmas and New Year ... finally managed to get away on holiday without Abi getting sick! Although we did have everyone questing how she got her shinner ... she slipped on the bath mat and head butted the bottom shelf of the cupboard - ouch! She had a lovely time and slept really well ... although the long car trips are a form of hell ... lots of crying ... therefore lots of stops at parks ... makes for a very long drive!

She is very chatty these days and is definitely becoming a real little girl ... where has my baby gone! I obviously need to hurry up and get dh back in action ... he is so stressed at work that he is losing interest in everything, if you know what I mean - I never thought that would happen!
Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:01am
Originally posted by LeeG LeeG wrote:

morning ladies, it's interesting seeing the posts on fb but I probably won't post much on their ... it's too open for my liking - I know that probably sounds strange but can't everyone you have as friends read the updates?

No. The group is private. People can see who is in the group, but only members can see posts.
LeeG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:51am
what a bugger that I can't access fb at wodk
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:16pm
Thats a bugger Lee , as its way more private than Ohbaby which is free for all to see, thats why we have made the FB group I think..
LeeG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:36pm
it's like a form of torture ... I can see the updates in my email but I can't comment ... oh well
Nix21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nix21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:01pm
Lee, you can reply to comments from emails I think...

I don't have facebook at work either, unless I go to the cafe, but I am behaving for the next 5 to 6 weeks to try and lose some chubba, so the only time I am allowed in the cafe is Wednesday for Roast lunch, its only day two and man is it tough, I am a extreme when it comes to behaving, its either everything or nothing.....but I have to lose 5kgs by 18th February...so, fingers crossed.....
Nix
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 8:49pm
Oh man, you have a cafe at work??? So jealous.
Nix21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nix21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:22pm
Its like an american high school or university type cafeteria, but Roast Wednesday is pretty good and around $7.50 its a pretty good bargain. They also have sushi and the like, but the rest of the stuff ain't so cheap apart from the stupid coke machine which has $1.50 cans which ain't so bad, but no full sugar coke for 5 1/2 weeks......even after that I best stick to Zero. As MC would say....le sigh.....
Nix
Aquarius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:43pm
good girl nix...i'm right there too.
i hate the fact that i love food.....i blame my genes. i am predisposed to hold a bit of weight, i know it!!!
i'm okay if i have better options around me that i can nibble on all day...
i am no good at putting things off limit as i want them even more....and i have a major sweet tooth.

i have managed to shift a little bit (unfortunately not quite enough to be comfortable yet) following a few basic rules. i am a believer in lifestyle change so i have to think long term.
i would rather exercise than diet...

my biggest challenge of all is my mind.
i keep thinking i will be happy if i lose weight BUT reality is if i am happy i will lose weight.
i have to celebrate any effort i make, accept the skin i am in and focus on positive aspects of myself....it is proving to be the hardest thing of all.

mum to mr 16 & mr 10
Nix21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nix21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:38pm
Tanya, I have done sureslim and lost around 20kgs doing that but it was extremely tough on what you could and couldn't eat.....so for the first time ever I am calorie counting and it is actually going well even though it has only been 3 days.....Monday is weigh in day, I will keep you posted......basically I have found out to lose weight I need to eat approx 1500 calories per day, so I have used part of my sureslim programme which worked for me, which is no snacking in between meals - just water.....breakfast is a shake as it always has been since going back to work since Georgia, lunch is usually a wrap and fruit and that allows me to have a relatively normal dinner, just smaller portion and some days I might be able to have a treat but I am trying to keep away from treats for the first few weeks at least.....like I say, we will see what happens, after doing this for a while if successful you can then up your caloric intake to just under 2000.....I am hopeful..
Nix
LeeG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:50am
Good luck with the calorie counting Nix ... I found that even the act of writing down what I was eating each day made me a lot more aware, and helped me cut out some of the snacking ... I also find that having someone demand some of whatever I am eating a good method :)
Emlt80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emlt80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 8:25pm
Well done guys.

Since being in toddlers Imogen has become more chatty. Its more so baby chatter with a few words coming out.

Sigh: Am feeling bad we aint in Brisbane. Luckily DH's family are ok, but I just want to head over and help them out.

leobub09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leobub09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 1:55pm
Just wanted to say a big hi!

I'm new here- wish I had discovered this earlier!
I have an 18 month old boy Ari born on the 8th August.

Looking forward to doing a LOT of catching up!!

Don't know if you ladies meet up but I'm about to move to the Remuera/Meadowbank side of Auckland and would love to meet some local mummies too...

BusyMum2three View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BusyMum2three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 7:37pm
Hi Leobub09 and welcome our thread! I love the name Ari!
mollycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mollycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 7:38pm
Leobub - hi! We are almost never one here as have started up a Facebook group. If that is something you are interested let me know and we can set it up.

leobub09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leobub09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:48pm
Hi and thanks Rach and Mollycat! Yeah- sounds great. Would love to gatecrash
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 830831832833>