FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTwins or Triplets or more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 221>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 11:20am
Poor wee thing Bex Hope he is feeling better now? Lil miss is covered from head to toe and pretty miserable

Lisa - I know what you mean, when I found out I was preg with lil miss people kept teasing me that she would be triplets. I was terrified of more twins but thankfully there's only one of her. I don't know how people with more than one set of twins do it!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 12:13pm
When I was preggers with the girls I would always watch the discovery channel because they had heaps of those inside the womb doccos running all the time and theres was one on triplets in NZ. One of the women on the show was pregnant with trips and had I think about 5 kids already!!!! Now people always wanna tell me how hard it must be having twins but I always imagine that womens day and laugh I got it EASY.
She even said at the end of the doc that she wanted more!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 2:16pm

Yay!  I'm glad I got it right Emma!  Still got the touch eh.

Originally posted by lisa85 lisa85 wrote:

She even said at the end of the doc that she wanted more!

Haha, crazy much?!?  So I want more children, but I ain't gonna have any!  Three is plenty for me!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 7:39pm

Maya that picture is lovely, and they look totally identical to me, so sweet.

][/URL]

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 8:03pm
Aww, thanks! They can be so cute and charming - when they want to!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 8:08pm
Think I might bite the bullet tomorrow and actually pay the membership fee to join the multiple birth club
Is anyone here a member?
Would be kool for the girls to see some other twinnies

MC April 2010
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 8:36pm
I'm a member of our local one. We used to go to playgroup every week but haven't been for ages, it's a bit overwhelming taking the three little ones on my own coz there are soooo many kids there! But they have some good info evenings, I just went to a toilet training one, and it's nice to meet other people who get what it's like to have more than one child at the same stage.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 10:04pm
Sounds like a good idea, our local is Waitakere so I will join in January :) also going to take our monkeys to the premmie play group from next year at waitakere that will be good.

Emma, yep he is good now, touch wood!! and when I was preg with the monkeys I would read the diary you did on your pregnancy, that was really good :) helped a lot!! apart from getting twin to twin at 21 weeks!!! then surgery for that very scary!!

here's the monkeys tonight getting their photo done

Edited by bext1

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 8:48am
Sooooo cute Bex! Who is who? I went into hospital at around 23 or 24 weeks because of possible twin to twin Esme had stopped growing for a bit there! Scary stuff. Luckily she got her arse into gear after a swift telling off from her Mama lol!
Must have been so scary for you How long were they in Nicu?

MC April 2010
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 8:14pm
Awww cute Bex! Brings back memories, this is my 2 their first Xmas, I wouldn't get them near Santa now

TTTS was my biggest fear when I was pregnant with the girls, it must have been so scary for you. At one point it looked like Mercedes had stopped growing but luckily it was just the way she had been lying on the scan, the next one a week later was fine and their doppler flows were always good. Of course they tried to be born at 26 weeks which was a little hairy, after that I didn't expect to have to have them dragged out ten weeks later!

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 11:02pm
luke is the bigger one on the left :)

yep it was scary, i had to go to sydney for surgery and scan every week after that. but they held out till 28 weeks :D
thats a cute pic of ur two with santa. my big boy won't sit on his knee now lol

cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 11:30pm
I love the Santa photos. I havent got mine on digital unfortunately so cant post them. I love dressing my two boys in identical clothes - often in matching outfits but different colours.

We struggled to tell them apart at first. While in hospital, we kept their beanies on at all times to tell them apart. We have been putting white nail polish on Jordan's little fingernail to tell them apart until just recently. They have only a slightly different headshape but otherwise, they are so identical. Just when you think you can tell them apart easily, something changes and you find yourself double checking or second guessing yourself.

Im part of the Otago MBC but live too far north to go to their main meetings. We have sub-branch meetings in our area once a month but the last 3 times I have gone - nobody else has turned up - not too impressed!

Edited by cat007
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 2:14pm
I have to admit I would love to be part of a multiples playgroup but imagine it would be quite chaotic! My girls are just getting into a very clingy stage at the mo and all that maddness could cause them to have a melt down lol! But would be really nice to see some other Mums that are going through the same stuff

MC April 2010
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 2:36pm
yes thats what i reckon, you can share experiences!! :D

i get the two monkeys confused in the middle of the night when i pick them up to feed them haha, but otherwise they are so different in personality!

that's a shame about ur playgroup cat, i would be a bit gutted if that happens! hope not cross fingers tho!!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 8:48pm
I once gave Mercedes Sienna's kidney meds and Sienna Mercedes reflux meds I didn't even realise, I did wonder why Sienna was fussing over her meds when she normally guzzled them off the syringe but I still didn't click till I was half way thru feeding them. Turns out I had put them down to sleep in the wrong cots so I had them muddled up even before I got them up for their meds/feed. Bad mummy!

They're funny now tho. Mercedes was climbing up the bookcase yesterday and I said to her "get down 'Cedes" and she looked at me and said "Me Sienna". I had to double check, little monkey was trying to fool me! They always tell me if I call them by the wrong names, but she's obviously sussed out that they look the same!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 8:50pm
I will keep trying with our playgroup - hopefully there is more of a turn-out in the beginning of the new year. I have only one other mum that I know personally that is having multiples - shes a couple of weeks away from them being born. It would be handy to have someone to relate to having twins. Everybody else has no idea unless they have been there themselves. What is everybody doing for christmas for their multiples?
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 10:56pm
good idea :)

haha that is funny emma, i can't wait till the boys start talking!!

Not doing much for the boys this xmas! too small still, but will dress them up I think :D

cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 1:03pm
Thats hilarious Emma. Im so worried that they are going to play pranks on me all the time when they figure out they look the same. Hopefully it wont be chaos.
kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 3:57pm
20/07/05 Ryan & Katelyn, fraternal boy/girl - Kasbee
14/10/06 Sienna & Mercedes, Identical girls - Maya
31/01/08 Eimear & Aoife, Fraternal girls - Tishy
10/11/07 Noah & Lola, Fraternal boy/girl - Floss
12/05/08 Esme & Hazel, Identical girls - Lisa85
10/05/08 Luke & Zavier, Identical boys - bext1
31/07/08 Marshall & Jordan, Identical boys - cat00

Emma i'm sh*t scared that they will find 2 in there again.
This baby is due the 25th August and hubby might not even beable to be at the birth, with being dairy farmers it will be born the wrong time of the year right in the middle of calving, but hopefully we will figure something out.
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 5:53pm
Are their twins in your family history Kasbee?

MC April 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 221>