FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue September 2009!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 437>
Author
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:53pm
Morning ladies. How are you all feeling today? Ive been getting waves of nausea again but nothing thats too bad or unmanagable.

DH and I had a dentist check up yesterday. All went well, except for the times I was gagging on the silly mouth guard thingys with fluoride in them . I have some fillings to have done in March, so Im hoping I'll be long over the MS by then.

Laurz how are you going today??
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Sponsored Links

amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:23pm
Morning morning all! What a crap day - well where I am anyway - muggy and raining Although it's not as muggy as yesterday which is good.

Yay for sore boobs Rianna! haha only in this forum could I ever say that and not be looked at strangely! eek dentists - I haven't been for about 3 years - last time was when I had my wisdom teeth out. I've got pretty good teeth though and no fillings and I figure my teeth will tell me when it's time for a check-up haha

And welcome Star169! We're getting quite a little list here now....

I started "nesting" yesterday already! I had a major clean-out trying to condense two rooms into one so that we had a spare room for the baby. It was quite hard - needless to say I now have about 6 boxes full of stuff that we'll now need to store in the garage! I'm planning on doing some canvas paintings today for the baby room to hang so we'll see how that goes! fun fun!
Laurz_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurz_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:25am
Hi
Im ok today still feeling a bit sick and still crampy but after reading on the net it sound pretty common for early pregnancy and I remember cramping with Guy right throughout first trimester. Hows everyone else doing?
Anyone know when its time to get ahold of a midwife? Last time i had to use a hospital midwife because I mucked around and didnt try to find one until I was 10 weeks - too late.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 11:42am
Amy I was the same with the dentist until we moved to Aus. With our private health cover we get up to $500 each of dental care per year so figured we may as well use it. And Im pleased I did because since my check up last June I've needed a few fillings

Your sort out sounds really good. I will need to change one of our bedrooms from the study to the spare room in a few months for Baby's stuff.

Laurz Im pleased your feeling better and the cramping is settling down. As for the Midwife from what Ive heard, its best to get in early

Well last night I was feeling really unwell and off colour. The MS has definitely kicked in. Thankfully havent been sick though

star169 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 5:09pm
hi all, sorry I haven't posted for a while. yes we both want to find out the sex of the baby :) I am not bothered either way as long as it's a baby I'm happy :) I have also been having a bit of cramping, only very mild though, have had worse during af. I have been spotting for the last 3 days, has stopped today thank goodness have been so worried. has been very faint and occasional, but don't really know what is normal in pregnancy. go to doctor tomorrow anyway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 6:39pm
Star Im pleased that the spotting you were getting as stopped. I had bleeding around when AF was due. Havent had any since thankfully. I'd tell your Dr and maybe ask for a scan just to check all is ok

Sh_az how are you going??

September 2009 Due Date List

1st: Amy - Will be finding out!
1st: Laurz_20 - Haven't decided yet!
3rd: Rianna – Will be finding out!
3rd: Sh_az – Haven't decided yet!
5th: Star169 - Will be finding out!
7 - 10th TBC: Fallen - Will be finding out!
TBA: RyanJacobsMum -

ETA to put the date in Front of names

Edited by rianna08

fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 7:45pm
Good to hear that spotting has stopped, Star.

I don't know about the right time to find a midwife, Laurz. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give one a call and have a chat. Suppose this should be on my 'to do' list as well lol.

Way to go on the sorting, Amy. I'm finding I don't have the energy to do much at the moment.

Pretty cool you have MS already, Rhianna. Your preggy hormones must be majorly kicking in. I didn't get MS last time, food aversion was my thing. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens this time around.

I, well DF more than me, has decided to wait until after the 10 week scan to tell family. DD needs to be the first one of them to know.

Are any of you keeping pregnancy diaries? I wrote one last time around. I gave it to DF to read the other night. He was quite blown away with the things that I went though at the time. The other day I bought a notebook for this pregnancy. I just put the date, how many weeks I am, how I'm feeling, whats happening, who I've told and a list of baby names and things I need.

Personal question... how do you feel about being 'intimate' with your partners at the moment? I'm fine with it, but DF has said he might hurt baby so it might not be such a good idea. I think baby is cushioned enough in there to not be at all harmed. What do you all think?

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 8:37pm
*lurker in*

Laurz - I started calling around different midwives at 4 weeks, and I had settled on one by 5.5 weeks, I wanted to make sure I got in especially as I am wanting a homebirth.

fallen - we probably had a bit of a drought between finding out and having sex "again"... but mostly because I felt so rotten! We were back on the wagon from about 10 weeks. I think you're right though, baby is well and truly nestled in there with plenty of its own 'protection'

*lurker out*
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
star169 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 8:51pm
fallen- I like your idea of a pregnancy diary, what other sorts of things did you write in it did you write everyday or just when something significant happened.
Also am trying to work out your profile pic???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:02pm
Fallen I was going to buy a preggie journal so I can keep tabs on whats going on and think it will be a nice keepsake when baby is older. But I think I will wait till Im 12 weeks before I buy one.
As for 'special cuddles', I have refrained and DH is pretty keen for some but Im not willing to take the risk. Although Im sure it wont do anything I would rather wait.

amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:04pm
haha star169 - I've also been trying to work out Fallen's profile pic! I've been totally confused for ages now - all I can see is a lady's tummy with her legs and an apple on her naughty bits! haha I can't see anything else no matter how hard I try. Fallen - please advise!!! haha

I do like your diary idea Fallen - although I don't really have much to write in it at the moment. The lack of preggy symptoms are leaving me a little worried to be honest - will see what the doc says on Tuesday....

And in regard to the BD (do we still call it that ?!) I'm not really that interested - I'm preoccupied with wondering how the baby is and until I know that everything is ok I don't think I really care about anything else. DH is still keen as though - surprisingly after all I put him through the last couple of months!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:22pm
Here you go ladies Linky for Fallen's profile Pic

Edited by rianna08

star169 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:24pm
amykt- haha thats what I saw in fallens pic too!
I am the same as you, I don't want to get my hopes too high yet as I am not having morning sickness, cravings/aversions or any other super obvious symptoms, but then again I'm sure its just all in my head and baby will be fine. Will probably feel better after the doctor tomorrow.
amykt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amykt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:41pm
ohhh let me know how your docs appointment goes! I wish mine was tomorrow instead!

We were right star169 - it was an apple on a lady's "bits"! haha I thought I was seeing things Thanks Rianna for that link!
fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 10:41pm
Wow this thread has gotten busy in the past little while!

The picture is a piece of digital art by a friend of mine. I love it.

I wrote whenever I felt the urge in my pregnancy journal. Sometimes specific stuff. Sometimes just how I was feeling. It helped to have an outlet for that sort of thing as I was doing the whole pregnancy/baby thing by myself that time.
star169 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 1:19pm
Went for my doc appointment today, had external exam, blood/urine tests, and an appointment for a 6wk scan next monday. Can't do one yet as nothing really there to see. Doctor said all symptoms seem normal for 4 weeks, but just wants to be sure. Just waiting for the results now, hopefully today, if they don't ring I will ring later
Laurz_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurz_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 5:20pm
Ok according to the doc im due 2nd september. Im gutted I wanted it to be 1st September. I worked it out on my period and did the calculation on like 5 different sites they all said 1st September. Im going to keep saying 1st september until I have my dating scan then ill have a real date.
Getting my bloods done tomorrow morning - slightly nervous about levels and things. Hows the symptoms going with everyone. I am feeling so sick - I wonder if its all in my head.
star169 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 5:43pm
I am also wondering if the nausea is in my head. the symptoms that I know aren't in my head are sore (& veiny) (.)(.), very frequent toilet stops, did have a 3 day headach which is thankfully gone, and some mild period like cramps. anyone else got cramps? is that normal? so hard with the first, don't know whats normal or not.
Katep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 5:46pm
I know how you feel Laurz, My Dr. worked me out to be 25th July, then had a scan and turned out that I was August 1st. So I had to go back a whole week.
Goodluck for your bloods and to all the September mums.

Mum to the Gorgeous Leah!
              7 months
fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 6:50pm
Haha I hear you on the frequent toilet stops, Star. I counted I went 8 times at work. It was rather extreme.

I haven't really had cramps, just felt like I had a bottle brush up my fufu last week. And just a heavy feeling in that area this morning.

DF has made an appointment for me at the doctors for Saturday at 8.30am. Could it possibly be any earlier??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 437>