FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJohn Travoltas Son Dies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Travoltas Son Dies
    Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:04pm
I got quite a shock when I read this, this afternoon. What a truly horrible thing for the family to have to go through...

News
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:08pm
shocking poor john and family. Was aware the son had a special need but not sure what.

How sad
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:21pm
I was just coming into post this, it's sooo sad!!!!!  Poor John and Kelly!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:43pm
It's so sad ... John Travolta and his wife have always spoken with such pride about having a special needs child in interviews etc, and never hidden it away because their family isn't 'perfect Hollywood'. And, it shows too that no matter who you are, or what you have, life is so very fragile and hearts break just the same.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:51pm

Awww that is so sad

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:53pm
I believe he had Kawasaki Disease.
Kawasaki Disease

I also checked Wikipedia and they've already updated on the loss of Jett.
Wiki

Edited by .Mel
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:54pm
it is super sad but the one i read said the caretaker found him?

ginger- i read they wouldn't get him help for his autism as they don't believe in that through their religion? I've seen a few interviews with him but not heard him talk about Jett much:(

anyway it is super sad and my heart breaks for them:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 5:58pm
yeah i just looked it up and it said he had it..
Mum to two amazing boys!
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:30pm
so sad

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:47pm
How sad for their family :(

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure I heard once that his son was actually born healthy, and only ended up special needs because of ingesting dishwashing tablets or something?
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 9:08am
i read that yesterday morning and got such a shock!
how sad for the family

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 1:57pm
I read that on the net last night, Im so sad for them , Im a big John Travolta fan .

I saw him on Oprah once (actually Ive seen him a few times) and he spoke so proudly of his children (btw his daughter is the image of him and is gorgeous!) and he just seemed like a genuinely nice down to earth guy .

I hope the media doesn't feel they have any right to hound them at this very sad time

monkey33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 7:55pm
I heard this on the radio this morning - so sad
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 8:35pm

So very sad for them

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 5:14pm
bump

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Kellygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 11:56pm
How horrible and sad for them. It is terrible when a parent outlives their child.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 1:20am
It sure is, its the cruelest thing (imo)

I watched Grease the other day , my GOSH , his smile, soooo cute , and those eyes , gorgeous !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 11:35pm
Travolta Family Speaks Out: "We Are Heartbroken"

Sun., Jan. 4, 2009 6:28 PM PST by Jovie Baclayon
John Travolta, Jett Travolta Courtesy of Travolta Family

John Travolta and Kelly Preston have taken time out from mourning the tragic death of their 16-year-old son, Jett, to issue their first remarks on their loss.

"We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolence," they write via his and her official websites. "Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered.

"We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time that we had with him for the rest of our lives.

"We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us hope for a brighter future."

An autopsy is scheduled for Monday in the Bahamas, and the family is hoping to have the body transported back to Florida for a funeral later this week.

pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 11:51am
I've only just heard about this now on ET. So so sad!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
 Post Reply Post Reply