FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcoming off losec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coming off losec
    Posted: 08 February 2009 at 8:48pm
Hi ladies

Jayden has reflux is almost 7 months old and has been on losec since 5 weeks old, the pead wants him to have a break so today is day 1 without meds! I wanted to know how long it takes for symptoms to return if they do? and what happens when other bubs has come off their meds?
[/url]
Sponsored Links

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 9:09am
Eeek, I'm in denial about this one. Maybe Daniel can just stay on it forever
Mum to two wee boys
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 11:25am
lol that is what I was hoping! I rang to get another prescription when he told me thats what I had to do! Ive got a few pills left in case it turns to custard and I need some to tie me over until the next script arrives if we need it!
[/url]
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 9:00pm
We've been weaning Emma off Losec for a little while now. She used to have it once a day and I started giving it to her 2 days on, then 1 day break - for about a week. Then I moved her to 1 day on, 1 off for another week or so. And then I stopped her cold turkey. She's been going without it for a few days now and is doing fine

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 9:51am
Symptoms should be back with about 12 hours or so. If your bub is still suffering from reflux expect tears, crying, being uncomfortable especially when lying down. Maybe wind pain
Hopefully Jayden will have grown out of it :)
fingers crossed.
 Post Reply Post Reply