FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWoolworths Select Disposable Nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AKLRosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKLRosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woolworths Select Disposable Nappies
    Posted: 28 March 2009 at 5:41pm
Hi there,

I was reading through some older postings yesterday and read that a number of Mum's thought that the Select nappies (purchased from Woolworths, Countdown, Foodtown) were really good (in comparison to Huggies/Treasures).

I would really be grateful if Mum's that have been using the Select nappies recently could give me an update as to whether this is still the case as I hear that the price of huggies is due to increase soon and if there is a cheaper quality alrernative out there then I would like to give it a go.

Thanks in advance :o)

Edited by AKLRosie
Sponsored Links

hannibal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 5:49pm
Hi, I love the Select nappies (also available at Fresh Choice although about a dollar dearer).

I haven't experienced any problems with leaks at all. I swapped to using them to first during the day then to all the time as I liked them more than Huggies (don't like Treasures at all).

I found that they don't cut in bubs chubby little legs!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 6:30pm
Had one in my Bounty pack and it seems just as good, sizing is just a little roomier.
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 6:42pm
I use them just in the day and Huggies at night. Have to say I was disappointed when they changed to the Select nappies though. They used to stock Signature Range brand 'loving touch' nappies and they were identical to huggies, just different pictures and about half the price. I find the select ones better than treasure which always leak.
Its worth having a look around at the online nappy sites, some will send you a sample nappy to try and they can be a lot cheaper than supermarket prices.
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 7:28pm

If I use a sposie at night I use that one....never had any leaks and no red marks on those chubby little boy thighs either. Never use huggies as we always had problems and I find them a better fit than Treasures.

sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 7:58pm
I love the Select brand! I don't think we've ever had a night time leak, and I now have a 13hour sleeper most nights, so that a lot of wee!!!
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 8:36pm
I use the home brand nappies (not sure if thats the same thing anyway!?), they are $4.60 a pack and are the same as huggies to me!!! very cute and work very well!! iv never had a leak and astin is a heavy wetter ans sleeps for 12-13 hour nights!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 11:47am
I love Select nappies - they are my fav! seemt o fit really well. I only use during the day but have never had a leak.

Used them in Aussie so was super excited when they brought them out here.

Last time I stock piled Huggies Newborn nappies but will be using Select all the way now!

GlimmerShine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlimmerShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 11:56am
I use Home Brand Nappies, I used to use Select until I discovered Home Brand which seem to be much of a likeness - except CHEAPER! They're only $5 a pack. No leaks as yet and we've been using them for around 6 months now!
AKLRosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKLRosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 1:21pm
Thanks so much Ladies for all your feedback. I went and bought two packets from Countdown today as they are on special, 2 packets for $20. May also give the homebrand a go as well as so many of you seem to think they are just as good.

Thanks once again for taking the time to give me your feedback :o)
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:31pm
Im a user of the budget branded nappies & have no problems with them.
I was told that the HB nappies are actually made by huggies just dif packaging
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Glow Glow wrote:

I would definately believe that! because they work/preform exactly like huggies!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 6:24pm
the Select nappies - they're a bit higher in the waist so even when Rowan fills her nappy we don't get leaks out the top.

Fantastic for nighttime too. We've been using them for quite a while now and my only complaint is they're often out of stock when they're on special.

Ella1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:07am
I've tried Huggies, Treasures Ultra & Giggles, and I've had leaks with all of them, except for the Select.
The main problem is it comes out the sides when Mika does her big early morning poo, which is really runny. The Select nappies close better around her legs.
So I use the Select ones at night and when I go out, and other ones (from my stash) in between those times.
But the first few weeks I had to use Huggies newborn, as all the other ones were way to big on Mika, and she was a decent size baby (born at 8.3 lbs)
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 7:29pm
I am loving the Babylove nappies with the wiggles print!

They are super absorbent (Sam is a heavy wetter) and they have the stretchy tabs which are great.

$9.99 for a packet of 20 toddler nappies seems reasonable to me, most other packets only have 14-16 in them and aren't that much cheaper.

If I am near a Foodtown I will buy Home Brand though.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Glow Glow wrote:

Im a user of the budget branded nappies & have no problems with them.

Sorry to dissapoint you lovey, but they are made somewhere foreign (can't go and look, sleepng babies)like chek republic or something and Huggies are made in Ozzie..

Love them, tho, although have found they are often less value for money now they are almost $6 if you compare (and out countdown does this on their price tags) the price per unit thing. EG this week, I bought huggies which worked out at 43c a nappie and that was the cheapest by about 5c a nappie... GEEK, aye!!!

I dodn't like the select ones, but really like home brand or huggies (and now giggles are pretty absorbent now compared to how they used ot be...)
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 9:56am
I must be the only one who doesn't find some of the cheaper nappies any good? I tried Select, Giggles, Babylove (haven't tried Home Brand)..but yeah was disappointed by them all. Thought I could save money for a while there but ended up going back to Treasures for daytime and Huggies at night.. I only buy them when they're on special though..
Dawnie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 12:29pm
I use home brand and I get the factory boxes from nappies direct or the bulk packs from nappies for less, both super cheap 60-70naps for $20-$25

I have had no problems with any of the above naps!

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 10:21am
Target did a nappy test and Homebrand was equal to Huggies and both of them were the best of the ones that were tested. I found them great!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>