FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2009 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 763>
Author
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 2:13pm
Thanks for the kind & encouraging words ladies
I had my first blood test on Monday & it came back fine.
From today the Dr has advised that I should have daily HCG testing to see if it keeps on going up.
I am trying very hard to stay optimistic, but after 1 m/c already I am finding it very hard to keep a positive outlook.
Maybe TMI but the spotting is now very minimal & like a creamy browny colour.
I also had a scan yesterday but it was unfortunately too early to see anything, I will be having another in 2 wks time so will hopefully know something more conclusive by then.
Sponsored Links

Crazymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 4:30pm
HI there everyone, I'm new to this but not to having babies, ha ha. I'm also due around 1-5 Dec 09
Crazymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 4:31pm
Almost forgot how do you put al those lovely little pictures and things everyone seems to have on their posts
Bree1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bree1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 9:01pm
Hi ladies, congrads on the BFP. I am due 29th Nov going on dates, and scan in the next week or two - so might be in Dec babies.
Na_#1 - understand you are scared. Its taken me 17 mths to get a BFP after my first 2 ended in MC. first at 11wks and 2nd at 5 wks. Even now at 5 1/2wks am still very scared! I am trying to think positive - it;s out turn.....we are going to have sticky babies!!!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 1:17pm
Good luck Bree! Hope you have a successful full term healthy baby / pregnancy.

TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 3:47pm
Hey Bree, it is very, very scary.
I am thinking positive though & have booked myself & Bean (thats his/her belly name) into the Obstetrician on the 29 Apr.

We just have to beleive that it's going to be fine for both of us

Crazymum - you need to go to one of the websites i.e. lillypie or pregnology etc & set up a ticker, you then have to put the link they provide you with into your Ohbaby signature, which is under your profile.
I hope that makes sense
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 5:08pm
Hi Crazymum and Bree, welcome!

Na, will that be a 7 week scan? I have a referral form for one if I want one, I had one last time at just over 6 weeks and it was such a relief to see bubba's tiny heartbeat flickering away. I'm sure everything is going to be fine for you, and you too Bree

Had repeat bloods today and hcg has risen to 1201 from Tuesday's 400-odd so all on track.

Still deciding when to tell family - don't know if I can hold out until after my first scan!
Two little girls under 2!

NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 5:12pm
I had 2nd lot of bloods done today was 217 on monday and 1070 today.

I want to wait till I have my first scan...(3 weeks away) to see that heart beat before we tell family and make the official announcement.

Crazymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 6:01pm
Hi there Na_#1

Thank you it does make sense and I have got the link for ticker but in profile I can't find "signature"
Sorry to be a pain

Help help
Bree1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bree1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 6:30pm
updating you ladies - even though still a Nov mummy at this point! Had bloods again today and still rising nice. I now have to wait 2 weeks till 17th for scan at 7 1/2 wks. No more bloods unless something goes wrong or i have questions etc..... so feels like back to the tww. But can do it!!
Still no preggy sign though!
Crazymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 6:32pm
o
Crazymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 6:34pm
Ok think me have it now, thank you so much, What do we talk about in here? What can we talk about?
kls15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kls15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 9:03pm
Hello to new posters. It's great to hear how other people are feeling and getting on.
Got blood result today - hCG levels were 720.
Exciting to know there is really something going on in there - the three HPT's just weren't convincing enough!

Also going to try out this ticker thing... fingers crossed...

Latest list on page 146...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 9:09pm
hi kils15

looks like we are due the same day Dec 4?

I am sitting here munching on carrot sticks celery sticks (dipped in salsa) and grapes,

I cant afford to put on much weight during the pregnancy so trying to eat (mostly) as healthy as I can

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 8:21am

*lurking*

Wow December bubbas!   Awesome...big congrats ladies!

Na_1-  I tink it's pretty common to hve browny discharge about now....I certainly had it early on...about week 7-10 if I remember? Something like that. And definately when my first period was due after my BFP...then it was quite hevy, so very very stressful.  I had a few blood tests but it was too stressful doing that (for me) cos there's nothing you can actually do about your HCG rising or not IYKWIM? You'll probably find everything is all fine and dandy and it's just bubs making a nice deep burrow for itself. Sending lots of hugs and sicky vibes to everyone!

TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 10:25am
Hey ladies,

Got my bloods back yesterday & my HCG levels are increasing as they should, such a relief
The discharge has all but stopped so I am putting it down to my body trying to have AF still, stupid body, lol.
I will be having another scan at the end of next week which will make me close to 6 weeks just to check that little Bean is in the right place.
I have also booked us in for our first Obstetrician appt on the 29 Apr.
POSITIVE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone else doing? Feeling good?
kls15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kls15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 12:41pm
Thats great news about your hCG levels Na_#1 you must be looking forward to the scan.
I'm feeling fine, a little bit tired so appreciating the weekend and catching up on some work around the house.
Had my first night out since BFP last night. Took a couple of beers with water in them to try and put suspicious friends off the trail. Hopefully it worked as going to try to hold off on letting people know.
I'm trying to eat healthily as well MegansMum. Was going to the gym up until now so don't want to ruin all that hard work! Have been buying heaps of fruit which is great.

Edited by kls15

Latest list on page 146...
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 5:08pm
Lol kls15.
I know what you mean about putting people off the trail. We have told only a handful of people, but the rest will get suspicious pretty quickly if I don't pretend to be drinking too.
At least the ones I have told can help put the others off the scent
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 10:28pm
Hi everyone,

Found this really interesting link tonight about hcg levels at 16 DPO - basically it was a study looking at hcg levels of women at 16DPO and seeing how many went on to have a successful pregnancy. It seems like a pretty small sample to me though, but it was scientifically based so not just something random out there on the internet! I'm hoping that this might be helpful if anyone knows their 16DPO hcg levels, full details here

25 - 50 hCG at 16dpo -- Four women in this study had hCG levels below 50 at this stage. The researchers concluded that with these levels less than 25% would continue on with their pregnancy with more than 75% miscarrying.

50 - 100 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 16 women, 25% continued on with their pregnancies.

100 - 199 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 27 women with these levels, 73% continued on with their pregnancies.

200 - 299 hCG at 16dpo -- Of 48 women, 96% continued on with their pregnancies

Over 300 hCG -- All 105 women continued on with their pregnancies.

Edited - I hope this doesn't upset anyone if by chance you had low numbers, the website explains in detail that even if it's low it doesn't mean you're going to miscarry, and if it's high doesn't mean you're 100% safe.

Edited by Febgirl
Two little girls under 2!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 11:42am
I had a blood test done at 17DPO and was 217.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 763>