FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThings to do in Palmy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things to do in Palmy
    Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:27pm
I need some more ideas of toddler friendly things to do in palmy. I'm going to make a list of them and put them on the fridge so when I'm having a "I can't think" day I don't have to do much thinking lol.. so far I've come up with....

- esplanade
- feeding the ducks (pony club or lagoon)
- swimming
- library
- lollipops

And that's about where I run out of ideas
Sponsored Links

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:53pm
Have you thought about a trip to the stock yards in Feilding? Not sure if it is $$$ or not. My MIL took some visitors there the other week and said it was a really interesting place.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:59pm
Stockyards are interesting? I've been there lots of times (I grew up in bulls on a farm) and I couldn't imagine a toddler enjoying it much and I'd be worried about him getting trodden on (by animals and people). I guess it would be interesting to those who haven't been around them lots. When hes a bit older and has some common sense he might enjoy looking at the animals though
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 4:28pm
I have never been & done any of these things Im about to list personally but working in tourism info - these are some kid friendly things I have heard about in your area through work
*Owlcatraz- (not sure if its still open?)
*Te Manawa, Kidz Own
*Windmill farm
*Spring grove farm park- Pohangina valley
*Minuture train rides in the esplande?
HTH
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 4:36pm
I'm not sure if owlcatraz is still open either...

I've never heard of spring grove farm park and I've lived in the area all my life!!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 6:29pm
Spring Grove is relatively new, they've got a petting farm and some unusual animals.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 6:33pm
Oh Springgrove is apparently fab. Alia went there a few years ago with her caregivers.

On every 3 sunday of the month there are gold coin donation mini trains along Pioneer highway. You will need to go in from the other side of monrad park to park your car. Cooper had his first ride yesterday. Alia loves it.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 2:19pm

That train that Kel is talking about if fab, steam trains rides for $1 each.

Owlcatraz I think is reopened.

In the summer go over to Feilding to the Makino pools much better for kids only down side a little more expensive that the Lido.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 4:28pm
there's mini golf next to the Makino pool

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 4:31pm
Not sure if Daniel is into Thomas the Tank Engine, I used to go and watch the trains with I was nannying.
On Sunday Feilding has the steam trains.
Owlcatraz is awesome

[/url]

Angel June 2012
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 5:01pm
We often take my nephew (2.5 year old) into Animates to look at all the animals. He can quite happily hang out there for an hour or so at a time.

jakita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 11:28pm
Hi there i took my baby to the palmy fun park next to the lido its under new mangement and they have started catering for the young ones bouncer castles and merry go round and my daughter got her first ride on a bumper boat and a game of mini golf the operaters lookes after us with good prices and friendly service will be going back again
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 11:11am
Yeah Owlcatraz is still open I live round the corner. Its open most days from 9am. Anyone planning on visiting it let me know and we'll join you
 Post Reply Post Reply