FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Good" c-section stories??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2009 at 8:50am
Haha Tishy thats classic! I don't necessarily think all female was better I only really mention it because at the time I though it was funny. But I have to say they were all really funny together and created a great vibe in the room. They were all really clucky as well. I'll never forget when Jess went to cut the cords one Lady came, sat in his place and held my hand telling me how beautiful and perfect they were. It's funny I get teary thinking about it. What she did was so simple and she probably didn't think twice about it but with everyone running around with the babies I suddenly felt lonely and she snapped me back to reality a bit. I can't even remember her name. She was lovely and very thoughtful though.
I think Jess enjoyed being the only male in the room lol

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

Tracey1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracey1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 11:55pm

Just had my first baby by c section when he decided he didnt want to wait till his October due date ... I had an emergency one when my waters broke at 35 weeks and they found out that he was breech when I got to hospital :-) He was not happy and started to stress when contractions started .. I was in theatre within an hour of arriving.

To be honest hadn't read much of the c section chapters in my baby books so didnt know too much about what to expect but have to say that think I had a really good experience:

The IV hurt a bit but only because my veins were hiding :-)
The spinal didn't hurt
Didn't feel the catheter go in and taking it out again was fine
Recovered well from surgery 
I used the morphine pump but only when I really needed it and was just on Panadol for the last two days in hospital
I have a bit of tenderness around my scar but not really painful and the scar is small and healing well.
I felt good really quickly and was out of bed in hospital and walking round the day after and toliet visits were normal pretty quickly after I was up and about.

I gave birth in Waitakere Hospital and have to say that the whole experience was great. All the staff were lovely and my partner said that there were about 15 people in the theatre for the op ... consultant ... 2 peds and 2 aneasthetists and a bunch of others so felt very secure that all was going to be ok. The aneasthetists was lovely and chatted to us the whole time and was a great personality. They all looked after my partner who is scared to death of hospitals and the sight of blood well ... lets not go there :-) but he was fine as they looked after him so well. I felt very chilled about the whole thing and was very relaxed chatting away with the people around me as if I was in the Dentists or at the beauticians :-)

?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 4:00pm
I had my girls by elective C/S at 37+4 weeks. Funnily enough I had acutally gone in to labour that morning!

Apart from the newbie taking four attempts to get my drip in the FOUR more attempts to get the spinal in my C/S went well too. I was off the morphine drip by day 3 and all pain meds by day 5 except panadol and voltarin.

I keep thinking that I have overdone it and hurt myself but to be honest three weeks later I feel fine. Apart from the tugging healing feeling I feel totally normal!

The following is a copy and paste.

Emily's Birth story The Cliff Note Version (The orginal is over 2000 words long!!! No one is going to want to read that!)

I was expecting for this birth to be uneventful and perhaps even a little disappointing since I didn’t get to push them out but in reality it was the complete opposite. Having the spinal block was definitely the best option for me. Instead of being ‘dead’ from the waist down as expected I could still feel sensation. Which left me feeling as if I was part of if rather that the just the procedure. I could feel the doctor lifting my babies out of me, so even though I didn’t go through the labouring I have the memory of them leaving my body. It happened so fast that Violette was born before I could even register what was happening but Erynn; much like her brother kicked her way out two minutes later! I felt her little legs going for it on the exit. The girl’s weights were fantastic. They work out to 5pound 4 and 5 pound 5. Violette scored a 9 and then a 10 on her apgar and Erynn who needed a little bit more help a 5, 8 and then 10. They are such fantastic little girls and latched on while we were in recovery!
By the end of the following morning which thankfully was just blissfully just us, I had fallen totally and completely in love with them. I couldn’t understand how I could have ever have been worried about not being able to bond with them and I was struck with the realisation of the truth of what that nurse told us before going to theatre “Babies bring their love with them.”

Edited by Emiloly
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:56am
So helpful to have this thread here, nice to read good stories. I had an emergency c-sect with my first and everything about it was not good so Im feeling scared about the poss of this one being an elective due to baby being breech. But reading these has put my mind as rest a bit.

Thank you all for sharing
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:14am
I agree Andriea. Its good to hear it might not be all bad. I especially like the comment from your nurse Emiloly, about babies bringing their love with them.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 10:15am
I find it rather ironic that some people are scared of having a c-section, but after my experience with my first, the idea of going into labour terrifies me!

I loved my elective with Jae, I went in at 7am, and I was hooked up to an epi and IV etc and she was out less than 3 hours later... it was all very calm and relaxed, and the hospital midwives were lovely, one took heaps of photos for us (she was so excited to be able to do that for us, and we had never met her before) I was lying there chatting away like I was stretched out in the sun lol, DP was a bit worried about the blood factor, but the set up the screen in a way so that he could sit by me and not see a thing until baby was bought around to see us. It was so different to my first birth, and If I could go back and do-over, I wouldnt change a thing! The epi just felt like someone was poking their thumb into my spine (didnt hurt, was just a bit uncomfortable, and so hard to keep still while they do it!) I was able to get in and out of bed easily once the epi line was removed, catherter was put in after the epi, so didnt feel a thing, and it didnt hurt at all coming out either. I was on panadol by the end of day 2, and no morphine at all, just pethidine via PCP for the 24 hours immediately after the op. We got to have our skin-to-skin within the first hour and she roomed in with me right from the start... whereas with B I didnt see him for 24 hours, hold him for 48 hours, and finally roomed in with him when he was 3.5 days old (and then went home on the morning of day 5) ... Its no wonder I struggled with him from the start, but with Jae I can just see in myself how much I love her...Its simply amazing!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:37pm
After my C Section with Bella I got skin on skin within 5 mins which was awesome. They just did the cord cutitng with Dh, cleaned her up did her quick check and Vit K injection and they put her on my chest, which was lovely I couldnt hold her for to long as I was so winded from them trying to get her out, so they put her down DH's top for skin on skin, he loved that

Lisa, my cathater hurt like a mofo when they pulled it out, it makes me cringe thinking about it, but the Dr thinks they may have actually nicked my bladder a bit cos I had blood in my pee for about half a day.. Lovely!

5th...and final?? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 11:33am
sheza - there is a balloon at the end of the catheter in your bladder. if they don't deflate it fully, it will cause damage to your uretha and hurt like a son of a female dog coming out! and usually have blood in pee, and stings to urinate until it heals. if you have scar tissue from it, you will need to be more vigilant about UTI's in future.

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 1:37pm
Stemming on from Emilys nurses comment, I remember saying to DH a few weeks after the birth that I didn't feel like I'd "given birth" to the girls as such.
His response was "Well what did you give them then?"
(It wasn't something I was necessarily having issues with it was just a niggly thought I had.)

Anyway it is so true, we give our children the amazing gift of life regardless of which way they are born.

ETA: live - life always get confused

Edited by tishy
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 1:49pm
yeah good thinking tishy...i sorts thought like you did for a while too.. !
Mum to two amazing boys!
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 9:20pm
those who said the catheter didn't hurt - did they put it in before or after the spinal? I got mine put in before i was even taken to the theatre and although it didnt hurt as such it was really uncomfortable and made me feel like ai really needed to pee all the time.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 6:49pm
I was told I could choose to have it put in before or after the epi.. and being the complete and utter wuss that I am, opted for after the epi... just ask when they start doing blood pressure, and hooking up to various machines etc that they hold off til after the epi is in to do catheter
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 1:11pm
Im a wuss to Lisa and the nurse came in with the stuf to put it in and I was out of the room at the time and DH said to her that i wanted it put in when I was numb lol

They difflated the ballon thingy cos I watched her put the syringe thing in and suck the stuff out of the balloon thing. I had blood in my pee while the cathater was still in, started just after the put it in, and then went clear after drinking heaps of water and I was peeing fine after it was out(thank god lol)

pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 1:19pm
even though I didnt want a c-section I had 2 in the end. The first one was not a good experience, but more from my point of view. I lost a bit of blood and they had trouble stopping it, but the care I received before during and after was fantastic. I recovered well from my 1st (so I thought) with no infections or anything.

My 2nd one was a much more pleasant (if you can call it pleasant) experience. I was attempting a vbac but it didn't happen. The surgery was not rushed this time, I had no bleeding and I recovered extremely well afterwards. I was back at the gym doing body combat when DS was 10 weeks old. No way I could have done that after DD.

Even though I was terrified both times and didn't want at all to have a c-section, I was looked after so well and thats what made them bareable.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 9:12pm
Im so glad I read this thread last month as I ended up having an emergency c-sec this time round and having read all the good stories I wasnt as scared going into it, Ill post about my c-sec l8a but it was a good one,

thanks again girls
Joscia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joscia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 4:32pm
*Bump*
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 4:06pm
Mine went really well.

was told at 36 weeksish that i would need to start thinking about CS etc coz R was in a footling breech. tried 2 ECVs but he didnt budge. was booked 2 weeks before the date.

was quick. the epidural was a little sore going in because of Rs position (his head was in my ribs and i couldnt lean forward properly) but had a quick recovery was up walking by myself less than 24 hours after the op. first poo wasnt bad.

didnt feel the catheter going in coz it was done after epi. and didnt hurt coming out. pain was managed with panadol and voltaren, but tbh i forgot ALOT and prolly only took it once a day. was offered to go home on the 3rd day, but was having BFing probs so stayed til day 6.

no infection or anything. only a little bit of pain when i cough or laugh to hard.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 10:52pm
Gentle bump
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:49am
I've had four c-sects so far, will be facing my 5th (and last) in november. Each one has been different, the first was emergency after 16hrs (cpd- he had a 39cm head and i'm only 153cm, size 6.5 shoe), second was emergency after 28hrs labour, 9lb2oz baby face presentation- we almost lost her, ob was furious at midwives for lettin me labour so long. They were both generals. My 3rd and 4th were electives, spinal block, both really good experiences, despite laughing my stitches open with my 4th!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12