FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReasons for C/s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 5:03pm
odette - me too..though i asked if OB said prefer VBAC (i asked the mw) can i still choose c section and she said it is ultimately my choice as it is with anyone who has had one before...

I'm worried bout the lifting thing too..though having trouble lifting him too much atm:(

toni- she said that because of my last birth she wouldnt be happy having me birth anywhere else.. I would never do a home birth so i didnt ask her but yeah i guess you may be right.. not sure if she just meant in case something happened(which she mentioned) or other reasons too?

mine was ok but i just hated it..so much blood(thought there might have been less with c section) and noone told me i could get after pains and they hurt a lot:( hopefully this time will be a much better experience!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Four_eyes Four_eyes wrote:

andriea- did you have to wait till 3 or 4 to get your home birth? i just wondered cause mw not happy with me birthing anywhere but hospital? (not that I'm brave enough fro home birth) :)

#2 was a planned homebirth, but I stupidly decided after 17 hours of active labour I needed pain relief. mw came to my house and checked me and I was only 5cm so we went to hospital for pain relief. We got there and she was born 10 mins later with no pain relief , I was gutted I hadnt stayed at home. #3&4 were home water births, #5 was hospital (just, lol) because they were concerned as she was so overdue and Id had a lot of reduced movements, shoulda listened to myself though and not gone as again she was born 20mins after we got there with no pain relief, we were home 2 hours later, lol
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 9:23pm
KA, you get after pains no matter which way they come out, and sorry to say this but expect them to be worse second time around. Mine were far worse with Kyle and he came out the old fashion way

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2009 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Four_eyes Four_eyes wrote:

odette - me too..though i asked if OB said prefer VBAC (i asked the mw) can i still choose c section and she said it is ultimately my choice as it is with anyone who has had one before...

I'm worried bout the lifting thing too..though having trouble lifting him too much atm:(

toni- she said that because of my last birth she wouldnt be happy having me birth anywhere else.. I would never do a home birth so i didnt ask her but yeah i guess you may be right.. not sure if she just meant in case something happened(which she mentioned) or other reasons too?

mine was ok but i just hated it..so much blood(thought there might have been less with c section) and noone told me i could get after pains and they hurt a lot:( hopefully this time will be a much better experience!

LOL yeah most midwives will say hospital only after a c-section.

Sadly afterpains are the joys of having children & happen regardless of how they leave the womb. Each baby the afterpains are worse.
Just personally I would have a vaginal birth EVERY day of the week than have a single c-section again LOL But thats just me
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 8:35am
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

KA, you get after pains no matter which way they come out, and sorry to say this but expect them to be worse second time around. Mine were far worse with Kyle and he came out the old fashion way

yeah i didnt know a thing about them..and after people were like oh you dont get them with your first baby..I'm like well i freaking did:) yeah i heard they will be worse but i guess at least this time i will know what they are instead of wondering what the hell was going on:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 8:37am
andriea- thanks for explaining

toni- lol yeah I got that idea:) if they could guarantee me he would be ok then i would go for VBAC.. as obviously the recovery etc is way better.. and the thought of major ab surgery isnt a great thing.. wish i was as brave as you!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 10:04am
LOL would it suprise you four eyes that it was not about being brave, it was more I was TERRIFIED of going back to hospital!
I was scared of the doctors, the hospital itself, surgery, the recovery & all the risks involved with c-sections.
I was scared of having 2 pre-schoolers and a newborn baby and having to try & deal with that and recovery, also knowing I had very little time before I had to go back to work (was back after 3 or 4 weeks after the birth).

For me having the vaginal birth was far far less scary & I knew the only way I was going to manage it was under my terms, which meant having Bubs at home.
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 6:11pm
DS was a crash c-section after 72 hours of labour (finally got an epidural in the last 3-4 hours) His heart rate started dropping too low... his apgar was 0 by the time they got him out, and he was rushed off to NICU so I didnt see him til the next day, or hold him til the day after that...

I am another one who knew I wouldnt cope with the possibility of another crash section, and the ob agreed there was a pretty good chance of my having an emergency one if I attempted a VBAC (something in the operation report about adhesions noted inside uterus during first c-section) so he agreed to an elecitve.

My elective was miles better than the crash section. I got skin-to-skin within the first hour, and we were only seperated long enough to wheel us to recovery, and from there to our room. Apart from some blood loss during the op, everything went perfectly. I only had pethidine as pain relief for the first 24 hours, and panadol after that, no burst abcess in transit this time (was a lovely xmas eve/day spent in hospital with DS after an abcess burstfrom my c-section wound in the car while driving up through the Bombays!) and was up and about easily before the first week was out.

I feel I have a much better bond with DD as a result of having that time with her right from her first minutes, and having time to bond with her without trying to recover from a traumatic experience myself.
Brandon - 05/12/2003

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 9:50pm
jack was an elective c/s at 39wks because he was breech. i was gutted but was happy to have a baby either way. recovery was swift so i thought the whole experience was ok

charli was a week overdue. i was desperate for a vbac and was so happy she was head down. after 6-7hrs labour i started pushing....after 2hrs, her heartrate was all over the place and she would go back up after every push....failed vonteuse, failed forceps i was taken to theatre

i was absolutely gutted! i had managed with no pain relief and was hoping to 'go all the way' as this was our last baby, but she was posterior with her head flexed, so i had no chance of pushing her out myself.

i now have a scar due to a tear on my uterine wall, so any future babies i have will be a c/s

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by toniellis toniellis wrote:

LOL would it suprise you four eyes that it was not about being brave, it was more I was TERRIFIED of going back to hospital!
I was scared of the doctors, the hospital itself, surgery, the recovery & all the risks involved with c-sections.
I was scared of having 2 pre-schoolers and a newborn baby and having to try & deal with that and recovery, also knowing I had very little time before I had to go back to work (was back after 3 or 4 weeks after the birth).

For me having the vaginal birth was far far less scary & I knew the only way I was going to manage it was under my terms, which meant having Bubs at home.

fair enough..very well said!

Edited by Four_eyes
Mum to two amazing boys!
jacobsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 2:10pm
With Jacob i had a emerncy c-section at 35wks 5days cos i had a scan that day at 1pm cos i had Gest Diabetes and they discoverd that he had stopped growing (scan said he was 4lb something) and the dopplers were bad, had him that night at 7.56pm and he was 5lbs 1oz and placenta was a 3rd dead hes now 4 and half years old.

With my 2nd baby , baby Isabella she was born by emerncy c-section at 5.44am at 31wks cos i had a placenta apurbtion had bleeding and blood clots after 4am was scary! i had to have a 2bag of bloods (blood trasnfuin)
isabella spent 6wks in neonatal unit she came home at 38wks gestation.
jacobsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 2:11pm
Midwife suggested that if we have another baby that i plan a c-section and i get diabetes when pregnant .

oh isabella was 3lbs 1oz at 31wks.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 7:05pm
Failed to progress on 2nd induction and a whole week of crappy labour that wasnt going anywhere.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 9:21pm
Just watched the business of being born. Really interesting stuff about c sects!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 6:23pm
My emergency one with Caden was after 47 hours of labour, 9.5cm dilated but lip of cervix was in the way and it couldn't be moved so got rushed down for emerg section, lost a lot of blood and had to have a blood transfusion, ai also had what they call Paralyzed bowels, where the kinds stop working and you cant pass wind or anything, that was nasty, had to have x rays etc, but came right after drinking lots of hot water and walking round!

Isabella, I had an elective c section at 41 weeks 4 days as my cervix was doing nothing! So rather than wait it out and risk ending up with another emerg c section I opted for an elective, luckily the hospital could fit me in a few days after my MW appointment! It went well and I was home on day 4!

Edited by Sheza

neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:45am
First c-section failure to wait, midwife interference at 9cm, she broke my waters, went back to 4cm, transfered to hospital from birthcenter, epidural, synto, back to 9cm, given choice of forceps or c-section despite everything with both baby and I being fine. Babies head was asynclitic, which would have been fixeable had my waters not been broken and I hadnt had an epi which stuck me on the bed. I had a uterine infection & hemorrhage after that c-section as they left placenta behind

2nd c-section, unassisted birth transfer cos I felt something was wrong. 10cm at arrival, told to push when I didnt feel like it. My time limit was up, bullied into repeat c-section. (But I did feel it was the right choice though) turns out I had a bandles ring, and I sustained a tear in my uterus during surger, as well as an extremely nasty wound infection from the c-section, And severe PTSD.

3rd baby was a totally and utterly boring natural birth, 5 hours from first twinge to picking him up off the bed, no drugs, 1hr 15 mins after arriving at the hospital. Was a planned homebirth, but my midwife wasnt working that night, and her backup wouldnt travel to me.
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2009 at 1:12pm
wow neivaD! That gives me hope that if I have another baby I CAN try for a natural birth again! The hospital etc told me that if I have another baby then it would have to be a C Section, but I know of ladies that have had a natural after 2 or more c sections.

Isabella was going to be a natural birth but it just wasn't happening down there.

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2009 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by neeandsam neeandsam wrote:

Sam was an elective c-section at 39.5 weeks due to turning himself into a kneeling breech and tucking his foot under my pelvis at about 37 weeks.   There was NO way he was ever going to come out naturally.    Other factors I had were high BP and lots of fluid but the breech thing was the deciding factor. Will be having my VBAC in a few days.

Well, I tried for my VBAC, was due to be induced at 41 weeks and two days, got there at 3PM on the Tuesday and was already 4CM, so long story short, I was in active labour for over 20 hours, the pain was so extreme I was passing out from the gas, and felt that something was wrong.   I got to 6CM, then back to 4CM, his head just wasn't coming down and I just wasn't dilating much at all.   Failed epidural, pethidine did nothing.   I begged and begged for a c-section for hours and they finally listened to me at about 4PM Wednesday afternoon.

I will not be labouring again, I would rather be shot.   So elective c-section it will be for any other children I have.   
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 2:44pm
I personally hated the thought of pushing out one baby let alone two lol! So I wanted one from the start. Esme was breech as well so that just sealed the deal.

I had an elective at 37 weeks.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2009 at 6:44pm

Sam was an elective c-section at 39.5 weeks due to turning himself into a kneeling breech and tucking his foot under my pelvis at about 37 weeks.   There was NO way he was ever going to come out naturally.    Other factors I had were high BP and lots of fluid but the breech thing was the deciding factor. Will be having my VBAC in a few days.

Well, I tried for my VBAC, was due to be induced at 41 weeks and two days, got there at 3PM on the Tuesday and was already 4CM, so long story short, I was in active labour for over 20 hours, the pain was so extreme I was passing out from the gas, and felt that something was wrong.   I got to 6CM, then back to 4CM, his head just wasn't coming down and I just wasn't dilating much at all.   Failed epidural, pethidine did nothing.   I begged and begged for a c-section for hours and they finally listened to me at about 4PM Wednesday afternoon.

I will not be labouring again, I would rather be shot.   So elective c-section it will be for any other children I have.   

OMG that sounds awful. You poor thing-what a traumatic experience. I hope you don't mind me saying but after reading your post under birth stories I think your MW is a little crazy & a real beearch.

Right DEFINITELY elective C section for me this time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>