FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReasons for C/s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
mcshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:51pm
Emmi - my cousin's wife is very involved in the NZ Home Birth Association and she scored me a copy (it was a 'second' as it had page 54 twice or something like that!) - send me a PM if you want me to see if she can get another copy, I think it was only about $10?? I'd offer to loan you mine but I'm using it for study at the mo...

minik8e - with generals, as I understand, the body's reaction to getting a general and having a breathing tube put down your throat (gag reflex.. argh!) can be quite distressing for partners etc. My husband (in the rush to get me downstairs) was barked at by the consultant to follow the bed down (everyone was yelling at each other it felt like!!), then got to the doors and was sent away again because he "wasn't scrubbed in or sterile" ... ummmm neither was I!! I was still wearing my fabulous Womama black birthing wrap dress throughout. Much nicer than the hospital gears I must add!
Mum to two very active boys, born October 2008 and December 2010. Getting excited about becoming a Childbirth Educator, and LOVIN being a birth support to amazing and courageous women!
Sponsored Links

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:07pm
It *might* also have something to do with the fact you are not in any position to be consenting to anything while under a general, such as who to have in the room, and usually when going under a general theres a not so good reason for it, which as you say mcshort, can be distressing for people close to the person going under...
Brandon - 05/12/2003

tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:04pm
I had #1 & #2 under GA, both emergencies, 2nd one "crash", even the typically unflappable ob was yelling at people- with ds I had mum & mw in theatre (DH was overseas), with dd6y I had DH in theatre. With ds mw filmed him being pulled out of my belly. Both times the support people weren't allowed in til they'd started cutting, think it depends on OB mostly. Who did you have minik8e?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:19pm
Just checking details with DH- he said with my GA with dd6y they tried to bring me round while I was in theatre, didn't take me to recovery til I had woken, then once in recovery I went back to "sleep", but they removed my covers & the recovery nurse latched dd on- while I was still out to it, then kept her on my skin-skin while they moved me to postnatal (hopefully with the cover over? Lol, they're public corridors). I would say check with your ob/dhb's policy, it seems to vary wildly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:33am
Serial sorry- for my 3 electives I had spinals, DH was allowed in once the spinal was in & I was lying down, hooked up etc. With dd2y we brought camera into theatre, DH forgot to take photos but lovely anaesthetic-technician lady took camera off DH & took a couple of really precious photos of DH holding dd next to my head, & with ddLittlest DH remembered once she came out (scary bit after seeing dd6y come out blue) so he took photos of her being checked over. Doesn't hurt to ask.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 11:44am
I can't remember his name - Dr Roth or something? He's one of the new guys. He's the reason I actually got into theatre as Dr Brooks wouldn't let them send me, idiot. Mum came in once the epi was in as well. I didn't even think to get photos, which I'm a bit gutted about, but my first look at them is forever etched on my mind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:17pm
I think it is Roth, not sure if he's there still? Brooks is my ob/gyn, he's slow to invervene, not always a good thing- friend who had an ectopic went to ED convinced something was wrong & he told her she was fine & to go home, luckily she trusted her instinct & refused to leave. He's been mostly good with me though, & I'd rather stick with "the devil I know" iykwim? His nurse/admin is lovely. I don't have birth photos of dd6y or dd5y, fx'd they don't notice when they're older!
lhw312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhw312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:21pm
Talked to midwife today, and she said I won't be able to have a support person in with me when having a GA, and that DH and mum will have to wait in the ward.

Going to a lactation clinic a few weeks before I have baby though, to express some milk so that baby can be fed by DH while im still in theatre, and then when I am out they'll probably just put baby on me for skin-to-skin and maybe let she/he latch on, if I feel comfortable with it, while im still dazed.
liveinhope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 2:21pm
hey guys
Need some help. Was high risk for pregnancy 1 (after 3 miscarriages 2 with hubby). Have existing hypertension, i was monitored weekly by 28 weeks, at 32 weeks rushed to hospital with severe pre eclapsia- i missed the warnings signs. only in hdu 3 days and bubs was small but fine.

ISSUE- i want number two hubby states he doesn't as he cannot bare thought of losing me should it be worse or even the same second time.

My VIEW- Was monitored weekly but was told to keep working (I am a&E nurse doing 8 hour shifts on feet)also had no medical monitoring as i fell thru the cracks ( obviously some cracks are huge in nz.) I would stop work earlier, and insist on medical reviews more often.

Looking for feedback from people especially someone whose had pre eclampsia in a preg and either not had another or gone on to have another pregnancy
?
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456