FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGoing Home etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:27pm
I've never had any injections either that I was aware of?? Not with either of my two c-sections.... Maybe there is something they give after the op instead? Like a different option? Like how you can have staples or stitches.... Or you can have morphine in a pump after your operation or 1 dose of long acting/slow release morphine....

Edited by toniellis
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Sponsored Links

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 5:39pm

I had them....they were nasty, it was a tiny little needle that they slapped into my belly, in a different spot each time so was covered with little bruises! Some put it in slow and some fast but either way it stung.

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 1:49pm
I had the injections as well...

I personally could not have gone home after 2 days - I could walk, but very slowly, and hunched over. If I had a toddler I'm not sure I would have been able to deal with them!!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 8:03pm
I never had those jabs..

I had isabella at 1.03pm on the Thursday and went home On the sunday at midday.
I got transferred from the main hospital to the small maternity hospital the next day though, I wanted to get breastfeeding sorted out before i went home, other wise I would have gone home on the saturday as i missed Caden terribly

It was very hard when i got home though, having caden running around and not being able to work very well etc, but I recovered really well with my second c section.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2009 at 8:33pm
Just wanted to add i was another who didnt get the injections!!!!

There must be a reason why some do and some dont.....

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2009 at 10:28am
I had those injections, but I'm pretty sure I only had two of them.   From all the other pains I had, those were pretty easy by comparison!

First time around I had Sam on the tuesday about midday and went home on Sunday, and this time I had Jamie on Wednesday night, went to River Ridge on the Saturday and came home on the Monday.    For me personally, as much as I missed Sam I knew that once I was home that was it, there was no going back!   Having a newborn baby is much easier than having a newborn baby AND a two year old all at once because I have found that once one goes to sleep, the other will wake up!

My midwife gave me a piece of great advice - 'Don't try to be a hero' and she was right. Take all the time you need, take all the painkillers that are offered to you, because even if you start to feel like the pain from your wound is going away, it comes back!   And never be afraid to ask for help.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 3:17pm
I think that is what helped me most Renee - taking the pain relief when it was offered. My MW told me it's far easier to stay on top of the pain (small doses more often) than to let the pain relief wear off and start from the beginning again (bigger doses less often). So so true!!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 6:13pm
yeah me too re the pain relief ..i dont get people thinking how great it is to not take the pain relief.. ! I am all for feeling better!:)

so weird about the injections they went on and on and on about how important they were to me..I'm like whatever just do it..!
Mum to two amazing boys!
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2009 at 11:07pm
If one of you currently pregnant ladies could ask their mw what the deal is with why some dont get them that would be super... I am all curious now!

DH reckons I probably got them but dont remember!

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 10:10pm
I had those injections and was also sent home with 2 weeks worth so DH had to inject me daily.

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 8:36am
I had the stupid jabs also. First 3 days were fine it didnt bother me but the last 2 were sooo painfull! I begged not to have the last one... but she bribed me with going home or not! haha. I didnt get bruises though.

I lost alot of blood during my c/s though and got told it had something to do with that... maybe not...

I was sooo ready to go home after day 2, but i stayed until day 5 for my own health and knowing if something went wrong i was in the right place. I guess once you have had the c/s you will know if you are feeling up to it or not. Will you have a good amount of support at home? With not bf you should be able to rest a bit more and others could do the feeding if you need to rest i guess.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 12:09pm
i will ask melnel next time so in two weeks..

i lost a lot of blood too so maybe thats why?
Mum to two amazing boys!
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 12:12pm
I wonder if thats what it is, i had a PPH(800mls) that they were all anal about. how many jabbers were also bleeders? lol
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 12:46pm
lol sounds great huntd:) i must ask cause if my platelets drop this time like last time.. they worried about bleeding as i am already a bleeder..apparently red heads bleed more lol.. lost 1000ml in my c section so yeah maybe that is why! i just assumed that every person had to as mw's both mine and hospital ones kept telling me i needed 5 to make blood not clot or something?
Mum to two amazing boys!
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 1:37pm
Maybe it is, i lost 2 litres and had a transfusion of 2 bags... They were also worried i had a blood clot straight after and were going to put me under and open me up again to clean me out again but then they said they would do other things which included the jabs...

Sorry to thread jack....

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 4:23pm
I lost 750ml...dunno if that had anything to do with it.
Jam08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 5:09pm
Another who didn't have the jabs here, and I'm very curious about them now!

Like Melnel, my husband would probably tell me I had them and don't remember. I did feel like baby and I were poked and proded for the 48 hours after he was born.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 6:13pm
you have them every day for 5 days (mostly) at the same time.. i dont remember everything but i remember that:) it was before DH was allowed to visit:( damn i should have asked her on tue..will have to wait till 12th to ask now!
Mum to two amazing boys!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 6:52pm
Mine were all given in the evening at the same time (maybe it varies depending on when baby was born). Mine was a straight forward elective so i don't think I lost a lot of blood, but I dunno, maybe I did.

X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 3:52pm
I didn't have them & I didn't lose a lot of blood...maybe that is the deciding factor...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>