FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMilano

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milano
    Posted: 20 December 2009 at 5:16pm
i have a couple of questions (i have asked these questions on their website but they dont seem to answer!)

firstly do babycity do layby? if so for how long

does anyone know if the Milano Capsule Black Swirl fits the Milano 3 Wheel Stroller? i know there is other capsules that do but i REALLY like the black swirl

and how often do they change their colours for the Milano 3 Wheel Stroller? they had grey and red now they have have changed to plum and beige but i dont like these colours and am wondering how long i will have to wait for new colours
Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2009 at 6:46pm
1. Babycity do laybys, and its done on price as to how long you get to pay it off.

I got a milano quadtech stroller/capsule pram (I think thats what its called!!) it was 300 and I just had to pay a 10% deposit and then I had 6 weeks to pay it off, I think it's anything over 600 is 12 weeks... You can also ring and ask to check!

2. When I got my pram I didn't know the capsule came with it, the lady said all the capsules fit the prams and the capsule bases (coz I was going to buy another capsule until I realised!) So yes it should fit.

3. Not sure how often they change...

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2009 at 7:46pm
can't help with laybuy, but yes all capsules should fit all prams in the milano brand.

You can still get the red and grey styles, it just depends what sort of stroller you're going for. We got our grey one 2 years ago and they're still selling it.
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 11:26am
yep they do laybuys, we put a pram, capsule and baby monitor on laybuy and they just asked when we wanted to pay it off by, i said baby is due in Mid Feb so she made the final payment date the 6th feb, i think that made it 13 weeks.

i think all milano capsules fit all milano strollers, my one is a 4 wheeler but i have givin my cousin the stroller to use in the mean time and it fits her 3 wheeler.
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 8:19pm
just to let you all know, went into the shop today.

all the capsule fit the stroller and they normally only change their colours about once a year
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 6:59am
I think I am going to go with a milano even though I really like P&T's- just can't justify spending that much money; the difference is huge.
noisybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noisybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 4:06pm
Just check first that it will fit in your car. We were going to get a Milano but it wouldn't even fit in our boot. They are rather bulky.
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2009 at 4:41pm
I have a second hand P&T but i want a milano to start with coz the capsule clicks into the stoller and the base- ill be a first time mum so want to make it easy!

good point about checking it will fit. when i buy it (not even UTD yet!) i plan to play with it BEFORE i buy
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2010 at 11:10pm
H there are capsules that fit the P&T so perhaps look into that too. Might save yourself a bit of money and from personal experience when it comes to prams you get what you pay for!

MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 12:27pm
Yes do try it in your car first. The fold is very very big.
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 2:44pm
Thanks for the headsup! Anything will fit in DH car, but my car is smaller, so should try that first. I know I have trouble with the pedigree buggy, do you know how the milano compares to that?

melnel, what stroller etc did you get for Jake?
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 6:28pm
LA I started with a steelcraft strider 3.. its a lovely pram but you get what you pay for.

Its rickety and bulky (doesnt fit down narrow aisles) hard to collapse and really a PITA. I recently upgraded to a P&T Dash and I LOVE it.

They are a great pram and well worth the extra money IMHO. The fold nice and flat too so would be surprised if they didnt fit in most cars....

lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 6:39pm
The dash is what I want too. I found it at a reasonable price too, not as bad as I thought they'd be- did you get it in grey/red/grafitti? What capsule/car seat did you get? Did you get everything brand new?
tinkabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinkabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 7:41pm

Re: Milano Apollo stroller.... I really like the look of this as it has all the features I want (can be rear facing, tilts AND reclines, can have bassinett attachment, can have capsule attachment, easy to use and not too big) and it's about HALF the price of the P and T's

When we looked at it in Baby City last week, she said they had just come off special.  Does anyone know what it was on special for??  She said "less than $300" for the stroller (usually $449), but I don't know if I believe her cos that sounds pretty good to me?  Anyone know??

Also, anyone have this system / a capsule-click-in system?  Opinions?  TIA!!  :oD

Rachel1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by lostAmber lostAmber wrote:

The dash is what I want too. I found it at a reasonable price too, not as bad as I thought they'd be- did you get it in grey/red/grafitti? What capsule/car seat did you get? Did you get everything brand new?

I want to get one of these too - do you mind me asking what price you found??
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Rachel1982 Rachel1982 wrote:

Originally posted by lostAmber lostAmber wrote:

I want to get one of these too - do you mind me asking what price you found??

$729. Looked at the milano's again, and you can get stroller and capsule for half of that- eugh so confusing.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 3:32pm

We had the Milano 3 wheeler in the gray and black with matching capsule and the base as well. I hated the stroller. After about 5 months we got a small umbrella stroller and just used the 3 wheeler for walks and at the beach. We sole the 3 wheeler and bought a P & T dash about a year after the umbrella stroller and I love it. The dash is longer folded up than the milano was. I see heaps of the milano ones around so they are really popular.

I had a mitzi mirage 2 door. The milano fittedin the boot but only just. The capsule didn't fit to well in the back the passenger seat couldn't be used with the capsule in there which was a pain in the bum. So we got a new car. In which it fits fine.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 3:40pm

We got our milano on special for 299 or maybe it was 399. Anyway. Get the base for the capsule cause my seatbelts were not long enough to go around it and hold it in. I think its a jap car thing. My freind had her seatbelts lengthened to fit a capsule, EXCPENSIVE. rather than paying $60 for the base. Heaps on TM by the way.

We got our dash graffitti from babysafe for $749 it comes with the doulble kit aswell. Babysafe wasn't cheapest but I got a $30 cedit for spending over $500 so i gto the raincover half price. Oh babysafe has the sport the cheapest I can find  too with free delivery.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by tinkabelle tinkabelle wrote:

Re: Milano Apollo stroller.... I really like the look of this as it has all the features I want (can be rear facing, tilts AND reclines, can have bassinett attachment, can have capsule attachment, easy to use and not too big) and it's about HALF the price of the P and T's

When we looked at it in Baby City last week, she said they had just come off special.  Does anyone know what it was on special for??  She said "less than $300" for the stroller (usually $449), but I don't know if I believe her cos that sounds pretty good to me?  Anyone know??

Also, anyone have this system / a capsule-click-in system?  Opinions?  TIA!!  :oD

I'm pretty sure it was going for about $350. I got the Milano Tech Rider Travel System for $300 and it's usually $330.
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 1:01pm
Thanks sarahbetha, I think you just made my mind up for me

Does your milano capsule fit in your dash?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>