FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest Highchair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Highchair
    Posted: 16 January 2010 at 9:34am
which is the best highchair from your experiences?

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:24am
mocka...

Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 10:49am
yea, after getting a crappy mothers choice I've cursed myself as to why I didn't go for the Mocka. The straps on ours is covered in crap and they don't detach so I can clean it!

Go for something simple and easy to clean - Mocka would be my pick
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 12:22pm
if i had the benefit of hindsight i would have gone for a vinyl wipe-clean one. I got one with a stupid detachable fabric seat cover which I now just don't use as I had to take it off and wash it after each meal (and it wasn't easy to get on and off)

ETA - the highchair in my ticker was from a restaurant and was great!

Edited by Susiec

Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 12:28pm
Mocka wooden one as it looks good, is easy to clean and can be used as a normal chair once your child no longer needs a highchair - think it supports up to 50kg?
Two little girls under 2!

palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 4:15pm
Love my mocka wooden, although i now dont bother with the fabric cushions, just another thing to wash. yea it does support quite a big weight once the are older and is nice you can flip the tray away and push them up to the table to get them used to eating at the table with big people.
Lou1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 10:10pm
I will get one of the Mocha ones for our next bubs.For bubs#1 I had one with all the bells and whistles ,paddding etc and I swore I'd never have one of those again.It was sooo hard to clean.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 8:56am
I'll be going for the mocha for our next bubs. Although we are about to try the me too chair which is a great space saver and brings them right up to the table. Plus you can take it anywhere which I think is great.

heres the link - Me Too Chair

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
kathamill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:22am
I second the P &T me too chair. We have ours clamped to our dining table, it is fabulous! we can take it with us on holiday too.
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 10:33am
Susiec - that looks like the one we have, its a Childcare one. About $80-90 from Baby Factory and its fantastic.
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 12:45pm
Thanks Emz - I hate my current high chair so much that if / when number 2 comes along I may cut my losses and get a new one (so will look in baby factory . . . )

I don't know what possessed me to think that fabric high chair cover was a good idea

jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 2:18pm
We have the Mocka plastic and it's wonderful. It's a shame we don't have Ikea here as they make one almost identical for a fraction of the price (not that the Mocka one is very expensive!).
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 3:39pm
I love my PicoPico... hardly use the tray just push him up to the table to eat with us.. which was the reason i bought it... Sooo easy to clean.

HughMorgan235989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HughMorgan235989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2019 at 12:29am
I apologioze for bumping....just my 2c.

For high chairs, there's a brand that's very common in europe at least, I don't know about the rest of the world...it's called STOKKE and their high-chairs are called Tripp Trapp. They are meant to "grow" with the child, so you can easily modify the height of both the seat and the footrest, and they are meant to also support adults (they claim it easily supports up to 85kg/187 pounds). We still have one from when I was a baby and it is quite comfy. Only thing is, they don't have a table attached, since they're meant for children who want to sit at the table with their parents.

This specific one is kind of expensive, but there are lots of similar ones that are cheaper. Go for one made of wood rather than plastic, that's much less likely to collapse on you. I'll include a link to the official website of the chair I have, but that's just to illustrate what I mean :) Also, if you dig a little, you could surely find a second-hand-one.

I'm heavier than you, but I'm about the same height, so if I fit into that chair, you should definitely fit as well. And like I said, they're meant to easily hold an adult, so the center of gravity is also not a problem.

I also have the Svan of Sweden https://www.evababygear.com/best-high-chairs/ and am very happy with it. My son who is now 2.5 years old still loves it. It comes with a tray (you can buy a plastic cover for the tray as an extra). The chair can be modified so that it can be used as a normal chair as well when your bub is big enough. I would recommend it - although I agree that IKEA's cheap and cheerful ones are very good too! It depends if you are bothered about the look of the chair or not really.
 Post Reply Post Reply