FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedinjections after c section

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: injections after c section
    Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:08am
talked to OB today and he said everyone should have them no exceptions..but that a few years ago if it was an elective they didnt do them..but now everyone must have the injections apparently..so interesting!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:33am
Thats interesting - whats the injection and when is it normally done?? I had an emergency c/s and no injections that I remember...
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:40am
Didn't have injections for either of my 2 c-sections that I can remember?
What are they for?
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:46am
anti clotting i still dont remember but i am requesting my notes so will check.

thanks ka

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:07pm
Thanks KA, I don't think I got them either and had no idea about them until everyone started talking about it on here.
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:18pm
No injections here either & mine was emergency. Strange!

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:27pm
When do they give them?
I don't think I would have noticed when I was on the operating table so if they were given then, then I might have had them without knowing?
I had my c-sections (both emergency ones) in '04 (North Shore Hospital) and '06 (Waikato Hospital)....
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 12:42pm
I had mine for 5 days, first one roughly 12 hours after c/s and thereafter 24 hourly, I was given an extra one "may as well as you're still here" was what the mw said (we were kept in longer cos Spencer had jaundice). And yep it is an anti clotting drug because the surgery increases your risk of having a blood clot go to your heart or brain (I know the word for that but no idea how to spell it), it was something that the aneasthetist went over in great detail and part of what you have to sign when you consent to the surgery.

I wouldn't think you would have them without knowing cos it's 4 jabs over 4 days and they are in the tummy and freakin hurt.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:02pm
I had to wear those pressure stocking things and had to do exercises for my legs/toes while I was there to help with clots but that's the extent of it I think.

I hate needles so I'm sure I would've remembered if I'd had them. They don't do it via IV lines if you have those in do they?
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:07pm
No cos you wouldn't have them in for 4 days and I had IV lines in, even still had them when they gave the first injection.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 2:20pm
exactly what cuppatea said..anti clotting(they talked a lot about ti to me cause i lost a reasonable amount of blood) i specifically asked and he said everyone should have them.. though i have to wait till 39 weeks for c section not everyone has to do that:(!!!

heparin or something? yeah they always do them in tummy... he was very surprised i didnt have stockings last time.. he looked very surprised that some people i know didnt have them but said that about the last few years(changed rules) in between the fire alarm testing that was going on while he was talking lol!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 2:40pm
Yea those random injections. So strange that some of us had them and some didnt. I had them for 4 days in the evenings.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 4:40pm
I had them after my emergency c-section with Jamie, I believe they are Clexane, but don't quote me on that one! I think I was given either two or three.   I was so groggy for the first few days I don't remember!    They stung a bit but I didn't care after my horrible labour.

I didn't have them after my elective c-section with Sam, so not sure if that makes a difference.   Although it could just be a recent thing?   It's been over 2.5 years since I had Sam.

Oh and I had to wear the pressure stockings this time and I didn't the first time.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 6:21pm
I didnt have them, but I'd lost quite a lot of blood (they were humming and haa-iing about a blood transfusion the full 3.5 days I was in hospital, and couldnt understand how I could stay standing up given my haem levels!) so I'm guessing anti-clotting agents would have just increased the blood loss?
Brandon - 05/12/2003

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 7:50pm
I didnt have them but I was given stern words from one of the hospital MWs to keep my stockings on!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:12pm
Never had the stockings, shame cos they are probably just the thing to make you feel real sexy after giving birth

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:49pm
oh yeah!!!! Lovely white stockings that come right up to the top of your leg........men with school girl fetishes would probably quite like them. I did not! Not in January, in a hospital with no AC.....very hot and sticky.
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:07pm
spesh if you have a reaction to morphine and are so blimmen itchy and you just want to scratch your legs but stupid stockings are in the way argh!
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:33pm
I didn't have any injections either after my emergency CS and had no idea about them until I opened this thread! I did got told off by the nurse for asking if I could take the stockings off, I think they only let me take them off the afternoon I was discharged lol

Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 9:37pm
Ha the stockings, i hated them sooo much, it was still pretty hot in March... i got them off around day 2. By yeah i got the jabs for 5 days, and i had a transfusion. Strange some dont have them, although lucky is another word that comes to mind! I was crying so much on the 5th day begging for her to let me go with out it! I didnt succeed!

Thanks for finding out KA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>