FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe c-section apron?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The c-section apron?
    Posted: 31 January 2010 at 1:50pm
Does it ever go away? If anyone has successfully managed to get rid of theirs I'd love to know how you did it!??
Sponsored Links

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 2:15pm
Mine is tiny compared to what it was (it was UG-LY!), I did a lot of bellydancing and pilates.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 2:44pm
I hope so!   I have a double one although thankfully they cut along the same line!     I LOVE my sucking in undies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 6:24pm
mamanee - in my photo's on FB there's a pic of me in my tankini sitting in the paddling pool - I'm really lucky as my Mum teaches Eastern Fusion belly dance so I had the perk of being able to borrow her instructional DVD's. I still have a bit of overhang but nothing like it was to start with! (And no I don't diet, yes I'm still a lot bigger than pre-pregnancy.)
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 7:31pm
Haha i thought this was going to be about some new invention, but now i have clicked, great name for it. Im going to have to call mine an apron instead of my flap... sounds a lot nicer!

So yes i still have mine :(
Jam08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jam08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 10:20pm
Ha ha, I've never heard this but I agree I hate mine. Didn't know it was because of c section thou, just assumed it was due to pregnancy and child birth in general!

I have been running lots and it hasn't helped - might be time to try belly dancing
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 2:47pm
hmm I am worried about this...what are you talking about!!!!!

Oct 11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 5:30pm
Natscats - after a c-section, because they have to cut through so much, the scar tissue creates a tight band at the bottom of your tummy, and all the saggy mummy tummy hangs over the top and sags down like an apron.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 9:52pm
LOL! you guys are so funny :P Mine is only marginally bigger than the apron I have normally from being a fatty :P Tummy tucks should be mandatory during c'sections!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 11:11pm
I had this, but only for a few months afterwards until I lost all the baby weight. After that my tummy was nice & flat again. No different to before the c-section. Of course now I'm pregnant again I look like I'm smuggling a beachball

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 12:45pm
oh boy so when does this become apparent! hopefully if i lose my tummy i wont have one then?

Oct 11
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 3:06pm
Oh - thank goodness - I thought it was just me with the weird shaped tummy!
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by FreeSpirit FreeSpirit wrote:

Natscats - after a c-section, because they have to cut through so much, the scar tissue creates a tight band at the bottom of your tummy, and all the saggy mummy tummy hangs over the top and sags down like an apron.

haha such a good description FreeSpirit!

I am still carrying 7kg of pregnancy weight (damn it ) despite still BF'ing so hopefully if I am ever able to shift that it might improve??! Cos at the moment it is HID-E-OUS! I find it really hard to find pants that fit and don't cause my apron to hang over the top. Maybe I should buy high waisted pants so I can tuck it in...
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 2:22pm
I've had two c-sections one in Jan 08 and one in June 09 and seven months on from Elias I'm only one size bigger than normal off season size (although ive been working on it), although I still have a flabby tummy its nowhere near what it was.

So by June this year it should all be gone, because I will be competing on stage in a bikini
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 4:49pm
Fabulous - I have only realised from this thread that my slight 'over hang' is here to stay.. I just thought it was post baby weight, gutted

I can't wait to be able to start exercising and seeing what I can do to make it look better!

X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by MrsEmma MrsEmma wrote:

Fabulous - I have only realised from this thread that my slight 'over hang' is here to stay.. I just thought it was post baby weight, gutted

I can't wait to be able to start exercising and seeing what I can do to make it look better!

I really don't agree that the "slight overhang" is unavoidable. I had a csection & mine went away after I lost the baby weight, so don't worry, it can be done.

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:18pm
I sure hope it goes away, I only have 1-2 kg left to lose to be back to pre baby weight but my tummy was round already so once I lose some more of that I hope it goes away!

Oct 11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 11:14pm
It will do with hard work - like I said earlier, it's the saggy mummy tummy that makes the apron, I've dropped 18kgs (I put on a LOT of weight while preg)and it's now more a bump than an apron IYKWIM.
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:24am
Also I think you have to be realistic & take into account your shape pre-baby. If you didn't have a flat tummy & washboard abs before bubs it's not going to be like that afterwards (unless you put in a whole lot of work).

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:49am
Thats what I was going to say Odette.. it has a lot to do with your tummy pre baby! But it can be done I am told..... it might just be a lot of hard work focusing on that area to get it back in shape!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>