FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRanitidine - when to stop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wellygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ranitidine - when to stop?
    Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:20pm
Hi there,

My DD has been refluxy and was a non-sleeping, very grizzly baby for more or less the first 5 months. I'm happy (and lucky enough) to say that the past few months have been much much better, due in part I'm sure to her 3x a day dose of Ranitidine. She's 8 months now.

The doctor said we could try taking her off it when we feel "brave" which I don't in particular because I don't want to rock the boat - and she still coughs which I assume is caused by the reflux. But I'm wondering, when did you take your babies off Ranitidine (if ever), did you wean them off and what happened?!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:27pm
I weaned daniel at around 6 months I think, i can't quite remember, I just reduced the amount slowly so I could see if it was going to have a bad affect and kept doing that until he wasn't on it anymore
sarahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:31pm

With Floyd we tried going cold turkey at about 4.5 months, it was a disaster!! Screaming, power chucks etc. At 6 months the Dr suggested we cut down to every 2nd day for a week and then stopped and he was fine. (he was only on one capsule a day)

Maybe you could try slowly decressing the dose and see what happens?

Post Reply Post Reply