FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecovery after theatre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 9:15am
Total haze for me as well I think it was one or two hours. My DH was there but my Mum and sister popped in at some point as well. I remember the girls were in an incubator for a while them my Mum dressed them and I got to get some cuddles :)

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Sponsored Links

Lou160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 10:28pm
I cant remember exactly but Megan was born at 3:40 am    and i didnt get back to my room till after 5   so id guess a hour, ifs a huge blur though!
Manda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 11:03pm
For me DS was born at 2.24pm, i didnt get up to the ward till around 7pm... I had to have a transfussion and that though and they were deciding if they were going to take me in to operate on me again, so was touch and go for a while for me, although i felt great i thought! My DP went out and Mum came in, they kept swapping. Few times they were both in there. We were lucky though...

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 9:09am
I have no idea... Hmmm I got a text from DH when he got home at about 4am and Jake was delivered at 12.30am and it took them just shy of 2 hours to put me back together, so recovery about 2.30am.. so about an hour I reckon.

That said, DH left the theatre with Jake about 20 minutes before I was wheeled to recovery (might have been less or more but it felt like about 20 minutes LOL).

If it were me (and i thought it would be because my DH is NOT good around blood and needle ect) then DH would actually be waiting in recovery for me. As it turned out there was no way DH was going to miss the arrival of his baby, he sucked it up big time.

tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:21am
My first two i was in recovery for about 2-3hours but I don't remember any of it- they were emergencies and I had to have generals, with my 3rd it was only about 45mins, and with my 4th is was less than half an hour- they were both electives with spinal blocks. But I was in surgery for about an hour each time, baby comes out pretty quickly and then it takes about 45mins for them to staple and sew you back up. To be honest recovery isn't always terribly pleasant, shakes, nausea, staff in everywhere!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:28am
On the other hand, having DH in surgery was great, he sat up by my head (unless they want to they don't see anything) when baby was pulled out they held them up for us to see, then the paedi team does their bit, 5-10mins later they give baby to DH, and for the next half hour or so while they put you back together DH just sits with baby next to your head. To me, that was the best part, quiet, calm, and tho there's a bunch of staff in the room it feels just like you DH and baby.+Just+my+opinion,+=)
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:33am
tic tac junkie, thats how it was with me for #2 as well, they pulled her out, cut the cord, held her up for us to see then cleaned/wrapped her up and gave her to DP to hold while they stitched me up, and they lay/held her up by my head so I could see her better, one of the midiwves even managed to get a little video of that bit too ... I got to have her on me once I was wheeled into recovery and do the skin-to-skin and attempt to latch her on for first feed etc... was awesome compared to #1
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 1:40pm
It's definitely much nicer with an elective! Good staff make a huge difference too. Our last anaethetist technician was lovely, she took camera off DH once he had been given dd and took a few photos for us. One is absolutely my favorite- DH and I with our silly caps on either side of dd gazing at her while she's facing the camera howling her head off! I love it, =)
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 8:05pm
I'm so gutted as both times...first emergency second was supposed to be elective but i went into labour..they both had to be helped so didnt get them held up to me:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 11:21pm
Just thought i'd add my 2 cents in now that we're all finished with. I spent 3 hours in recovery on tuesday because I had heavy bleeding/clotting that wouldnt stop. Lost 600ml of blood while I was in recovery itself! The nurses in there are super nice and take really good care of you :D
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:29pm
ick Alex that sucks, I had the same thing! I think I was in recovery about 2 hours with bella as I had heavy bleeding and clots, mmm lovely.
Congrats though

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 2:17pm
yeah, I had the same problem, my mw tried to latch jae on to get my uterus to contract back down quicker as I was still losing quite a bit of blood... they hummed and hah'ed about doing a transfusion at the time, but decided to watch my iron levels instead, any further decline and they would have done a transfusion... they couldnt understand why I was able to walk around without keeling over!!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:33am
I didn't have any recovery room thing...but it was a super small hospital and as far as I can recall once they stitched me up, I was wheeled to my proper room where my mum was waiting (DH was with me). I guess the proper room was my recovery room, who knows!

I know that when DS was handed to me, I just couldn't hold him so I got DH to take him off me...I was all shakey and crazy hahaha!

Oct 11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:43am
Oh the shakes, i'm not looking forward to that again!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2010 at 9:57am
i found the shakes didnt last long this time - only while I was in theatre but they mananged to stop it :D

Oh and side note: Husband corrected me on my post - it was 600ml IN theatre and another half a litre in recovery >< either way it was WAY too much!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 10:55pm
I got the shivers after Bella, wasnt too bad, I just had chattery teeth and stuff, I dont think I had that after Cadens birth...cant really remember though lol

I lost 1000ml of blood with each of mine in theater, after Caden I had to have a blood transfusion as my iron levels plumeted to the point where I was dizzy and almost passing out, so scary.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 8:20am
My shakes stopped as soon as i was stitched up.. my drug man gave me something right away as i had them real bad, looked more like mild convulsions from the boobs up

I did not like them at all!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:38pm
My shakes always started after everything was done, i.e. about 15mins after surgery while in recovery, they lasted for about an hour. Maybe it depends on what stage of the whole process they give you whatever it is that gives you shakes?
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:40am
Its the morphine in the epi/spinal that gives you the shakes. You can get them afterwards if you're on the IV morphine - although they dont tend to give that to you now - you get oxycodin instead.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:12am
I was in recovery for 3.5 hours, cos they didnt have a room to move me to. I lost a litre of blood in surgery, and had the shakes real bad during surgery, freaked me out cos I was sure I was going to shake and make them cut something they shouldnt!
Mine was an emergency c sect at midnight, I had DH with me, and my mum and sister (who had been with me labouring) waiting for me to come out. They wernt allowed in recovery and mum was going spare so they waited in the corridor and they wheeled me really slow into recovery (across the corridor!) so mum could see I was ok, was real sweet!

+1 May 09 Angel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>