FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecovery after theatre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:31pm
Yep they put me on morphine pump (for first 24Hrs then it was only paracetamol) with all of them. I don't recall being given morphine during surgery. My last was in Aug 08, next is in Nov this year, will be interesting to see if our hospital has changed to giving the oxy-whatsit instead.
Sponsored Links

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:48pm
yikes... I was packing all the stuff i have accumulated on my computer desk when we moved everything around this weekend, and came across my discharge papers.. apparently I lost 2000mls of blood no wonder they were scratching their heads when i said I felt fine walking around, no dizziness etc!

Oh and I had morphine with #1 and cannot remember much after he was taken out (only snippets like suddenly being in recovery and patting my now 'flat' tummy, then suddenly im in a ward by myself and talking to the local radio station... I was bored and high LOL!) but with #2 I only had Pethidine in the PCP.

I had a galbladder op a couple of months ago and had morphine after that... I never want it again! It made my skin itch as it went in (I could feel it going up my veins as the itchiness travelled up the same way!) then suddenly I would drift in and out of lucidness... I'd stop mid-eating then suddenly realise what I was doing and carried on eating... and the vomiting!! I had had more than enough of that while preg, so I wasnt about to take medication that MADE it happen... so they switched me to tramadol.
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:43pm
I had the shakes before it was even known I had to have c sect..probably coz I was losing blood coz of abruption?? Dunno, I should really get my notes!

Oct 11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123