FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRecovery after theatre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Buttersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recovery after theatre
    Posted: 05 April 2010 at 1:36pm
Hi guys
Just a quick question............How long did you spend in recovery after your c-section before you went back to your room??

The reason I'm asking is that my Mum is going to be my support person in theatre as my DH is pretty sensitive to medical stuff but I'm hoping that when I go to recovery he can come up then and spend some alone time with me meeting his little girl before the rest of the family.   

TIA

my little blobby April 09 "gone but will never be forgotten xx"
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 3:13pm
It's all a bit of a haze TBH but I think I was there for probably about half an hour or so while they got my room ready. JJ was whisked off to SCBU though (and DH went with him, at my request) so it was just lil old me on my lonesome - might have been different if I had a bubba with me.

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:15pm
I think I was in there for 45mins to an hour, we had the first breast feed in recovery and that seemed to take ages
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:23pm
I was being heavily monitered, at least an hour - like weegee said, it was very hazy and drugged up so my memory isn't the best. I didn't have my girl with me, and wasn't allowed a support person in recovery.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 7:51pm
I was in recovery for about an hour if I remember.   First time around I have no idea, but since the second time was recently, I remember coming out and being starving, and it was around dinner time so they brought me something to eat and drink and did all my paperwork and got my room ready while I breastfed and ate.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 10:48pm
I was in recovery all up for about 20/30 minutes...5/10 minutes by myself as DH went down to NNU with the girls, and then he came up and took me down to NNU when my obs were all good and my morphine pump was in place and working. I just asked him and he said about 30 mins all up. I didn't have my girls with me at any time though (to be fair, they were born at 33w4d) - only got brief skin to skin in theatre, and then got to "meet" them properly and have mega skin on skin time after I got out of recovery (we all dozed together).
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 6:14am
I thought I was in recovery for about 2 hours. I had to have an extra drug to bring my blood pressure up though cos it was very low and people kept looking at it and umming and arring about it so maybe that was why.

Baby was with me the whole time, only time he left my side was when the mw and DH dressed him but then he was only a few feet away and I was telling DH what clothes to put on him..lol

Yeah just remember it must have been that long cos the porter who wheeled me up to the maternity ward asked how old and DH told him 2 hours and the porter was saying that he loved to see all the newbies.

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 7:29am
Its all a bit of a haze - but I don't think I was in recovery for long (an hour or two maybe) DH was able to be there with me, which was nice as I don't think I should have been left alone with the baby!!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 12:49pm
I was in there for about 2.5 hours cos I'd lost a lot of blood and my uterus wouldnt contract properly, they had to try and lacth jae on to help contract it faster so I wouldnt keep losing so much blood. She was out at 9.55am and I got to my room at 12.30pm
Brandon - 05/12/2003

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 1:02pm
i was in 1.5 hours the first time and i think an hour the second(first emergency)
Mum to two amazing boys!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 3:27pm
LOL Lisa! Tell that husband of yours that I said to grow a pair :P Once you go into recovery after the initial surgery, your MW will bugger off down to the pokey little waiting room he'll be jammed into with all the other chicken dads and he'll be allowed in to see you as soon as you exit theatre. Dont you worry, he'll see you and baby within an hour of you going in (provided all goes smooth - which it will!) Matt was the same - Mum was my support person.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Buttersmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttersmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 6:55pm
Haha Angel yeah he's a sensitive wee thing   Thats cool to know too.
Thanks everyone for your responses. Sux being the newbie

my little blobby April 09 "gone but will never be forgotten xx"
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:36pm
Thats what we're here for!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:54am
there is no way in hell i wouldnt have got Dh to be there:) he got me in that situation..and he never had to see anything icky.. good on you for being open to it cause i wouldnt have been:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 9:19pm
I wouldve coped without my DH in there with me.......hes my rock

I was in recovery for 3.5hrs as i was on a lot of blood pressure medication and I had to be weaned off slowly......my blood pressure kept dropping hence why i needed so much meds.

Had DH in there and then my son and MIL came in and then my friend and neice came in ............then the boss lady came in and told everyone to get out as they werent allowed in there......LOL......i didnt know i was gonna be in so long so had told my friends to come to hosp etc
Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:00pm
I was in recovery for close to over 2 hours, they waited until the spinal wore of and the the nurse had to go on a break so we were left there waiting until she came back.
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by ElfsMum ElfsMum wrote:

there is no way in hell i wouldnt have got Dh to be there:) he got me in that situation..and he never had to see anything icky.. good on you for being open to it cause i wouldnt have been:)

Hehe, the way I thought of it, is that I would rather that they were focussing 100% on me instead of trying to pick DH up off the floor. He confided that it was even the thought that they were cutting me open that made him squeamish, so actually being in there....not an option. I don't mind, he woulda made me nervous with his pacing LOL
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:53pm
Ummmm, with Caden(emergency C Section) I was in recovery for maybe nearly an hour..cant really remember tho lol. For Isabella I was probably in there for half an hour or 40 mins, I remember I was bleeding more than they would have liekd so kept me in for a bit while I passed clots(lovely!).

(Both times)They just checked my blood pressure and bleeding and changed my sheets and all that jazz. I breastfed while this was going on.

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 9:01am
I spent close to 2 hours I think (after the drugged haze I can't remember) DS was taken straight up to the cardio ward with DH so Mum waited for me in the recovery room (it was around 1am so was very quiet) I was vomiting and had the shakes pretty bad but went up to the room once that had subsided. It was about 2 hrs before I could see DS once he was born he had and ectopic heartbeat during labour so they wanted to make sure it wasn't anything too serious.
Lisa mummy to Ryan
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by minik8e minik8e wrote:

Originally posted by ElfsMum ElfsMum wrote:

Hehe, the way I thought of it, is that I would rather that they were focussing 100% on me instead of trying to pick DH up off the floor. He confided that it was even the thought that they were cutting me open that made him squeamish, so actually being in there....not an option. I don't mind, he woulda made me nervous with his pacing LOL

true i never thought about it like that.. i guess i think well too bad if he feels squemish i dont feel bloody great either:) hehe...my Dh got to clean up vomit both times too the lucky guy ;)
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>