FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF& THOSE KG’S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF& THOSE KG’S
    Posted: 08 April 2010 at 8:28pm
Okay, so after a bit of forum discussing, I have decided to start a thread for those of us going through IVF who want or need to lose kg's!!

I qualify for the public funded wait list in August 10, with likely ability to go through the programme in August 11 (with the funding etc). I'm figuring that to actually get on the wait list you need to be the right weight - so I actually really do need to get my act together and kick the flab!!

Here's a little background .... PCOS and subsequent insulin resistance, weight gain since early teens when went on meds for migraines and I 'blew out' literally (12kg weight gain in a couple of months) ..... always seemed to use it as an excuse for everything (i.e. no boyfriend, another chocolate bar won't matter as I'm already overweight) - just the usual!

Yesterday I ate some lollies and felt sick afterwards - my 'sign' to do something. I think after all my posts over the week I am ready to put my head down, follow my naturopath's guidance, and get fit and healthy. I was really pleased today when I went to buy a coffee and stopped myself from buying a big piggy cake!! Wahoo!!

Okay so I've procrastinated enough ..... I've just weighed in - eeeek!

Starting weight 94.7kg - phew said it out loud, the heaviest I've ever been (put 10kg on in last year - IVF just one contributor).

*   First goal - 90kg to get on the waitlist.
*   Second goal - 84.7kg (10kg loss)
*   Ultimate goal - 80kg (realistic at this stage)

So gals (and any guys) help keep me going on my quest to achieve my goals, and feel free to join me so we can keep each other on track!

Thanks heaps in advance! Jo
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
Sponsored Links

mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:13pm
Hey Jo

This is a fab idea. I had a lightbulb moment back at new years where the penny dropped for me that if I didn't do something about my weight then nobody else would And I was so sick of my clothes not fitting etc... so I began on the 28th December and Ive used WW online which has been fab, for me I need to record what I eat each day otherwise I have too many snacks. I weigh myself every day so I know how Im doing on a daily basis, but I weigh in and record online my weight every Monday.

Anyhow I started at 102.4kgs, goal is 80kgs, currently 93.1. Maybe tomorrow someone can make a list

But I have to say I feel so much better with the weight Ive already lost so I know after another 10kgs Im gunna feel fab!

Oh and Jo, I also can get on the publicly funded list this year but have to get down to 86kgs, so another 7kgs to go.

Who else wants to join us
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 10:20am
You could probably get some support by joining in the weight loss thread in the general section.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 4:54pm
HI lilfatty - thanks for that. A few of us have decided to keep it small, as there's quite a lot of motivation to get onto the public funded IVF waitlist. And I did find the weight loss thread amazingly overwhelming with all the people and the amazing weight loss they're doing!

My initial plan is to increase my water intake and find some interesting exercise - off to the new pool tomorrow to find out about aquajogging. Will keep you posted .....

Might make my weigh day on a Monday so I can't be slack in the weekend! So will do a weigh in on Monday.

Appy2 - you've done amazing so far - what an inspiration!! I too did WW online, but last year, and then I stopped when going through the IVF (bad idea in hindsight) .... I found it really good as well. With transfer planned for June (fingers crossed) - do I re-join for the motivation? But if positive they say you shouldn't do it if you're pregnant and then it would be shortlived - or is that just too hopeful .................

Rambling - sorry
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
gannet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gannet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 4:58pm
Just wanted to say good luck tischler!
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 5:27pm
Thank you so much Gannet. I can't believe you're 27 weeks already! That's fantastic. You're also an inspiration to me it shows me that it can happen! Take care

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 5:46pm
Hey Jo, hows it going today?

So far Ive been good, we have just picked up our beast from the butchers so have taken some beautiful looking steak out, hmmmm I think a yummy salad to go with it. One thing I try to cut out is butter and also as little mayo as possible,oh and I try not to have potato very much and I use olive oil spray if frying things. Also use the WW french dressing on my salad, no points at all. Oh and imagining myself a size 12/14 is what also helps motivate me, I can't wait to fit those clothes again lol

I actually thought you could do WW pregnant and breastfeeding, when I was going to meetings our leader was UTD. I thought that you just get given more points to compensate. May have to go and have alook on their website to clarify that.

I guess for me WW really is about portion control and sensible eating, so I would have thought we could still do that when preggy, hope so anyhow.
angelmouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 6:52pm
hey guys
i've kinda given up on TTC #1 which has taken 4 years thus far. we will finally qualify for public funding IVF in February 2011 with procedure a year later 2012. we're unexplained infertility and scored 63 (so close!!) but have to wait 5 years.

My BMI is 27 (you need to be under 32 for IVF so i'm OK there) but 3 weeks ago I started at Curves gym. This in itself is amazing as i'd never stepped in one before. I'M LOVING IT!!! 30 minutes after work every day and in the first 2 weeks i've lost 1kg body fat and 1cm all over. I'm more alert, better sleep, feeling confident so anything else outside of this like weightloss or a miraculous conception will be an added bonus.

I'm 165cm and started at 80kg, my heaviest ever. YOU GO GIRLS!!!!
Hope1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 7:36am
Hi guys- here I am, Tischler, thanks for getting this started.

I have put on about 15kg since I met my husband- damn being happy (haha) and some of that is IVF too.

I need to lose that and more, I am private funding but want to do it anyway. At the mo I am 98kg- phew there I said it too!! I so dont want to be this weight AND pregnant! So I figure with injections starting mid may I still have time to get moving coz I can still eat healthy when pregnant right!!

So how shall we do this- shall we just support each other?
IVF #1 May 09- BFP then missed miscarriage at 8 weeks
TER Oct 09 BFN
IVF#2 Dec 09 BFN (1 emby only)
IVF #3 Donor- June 10 BFN (1 emby only!)
IVF #4 Donor- Nov 26th- 2 embies on board!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 8:46am
Hey Hope1

I weigh in every Monday so if you want to do that then maybe later this arvo I will try to make a list, hmmm not very good at those. There is only us few so far but thats perfect as we can support each other daily

Im off at ten to my neices birthday morning tea, sooo arrrghhh CAKE!! Will definately have to have some but maybe a small piece and then l will have to find things to eat that are free lol

Have a lovely Saturday everyone. Oh and Hope1 I am in the middle of my injections at the mo, and am finding I can carry on with my weightloss at the same time, I try to keep focussed on being under 90kgs and then tell myself that I am waving goodbye to the 90's forever Then after that I will eye up 85kgs as my next goal, not sure how I will go if we are successful with this cycle of ivf, but I figure I will give it my best shot to still lose abit when we get our bfp, while still doing the healthy eating for a baby, iykwim.

Although I think it will be hard, when I have got UTD previously my appetite has increased massively lol so will have to watch that.
angelmouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 10:16am
Hi Appy2 ,shall we put our stats in along the lines of :

Angelmouse - 35yrs, 165cm, 80kg - goal weight 65kg

change to how you think is better...
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 2:53pm
Hi guys, great to have some more of us on here! I'm having an okay day, though feel like chocolate right now .... must go and have a drink of water.

I can try and play about a list too if you like, whoever's first I guess! I wouldn't know what goal of mine to put down though ... do you think the first, or the ultimate??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 7:34pm

Tischler - 94.7kg 90kg
Appy2 - 102.4kg 86kg 93.1kg
anglemouse - 80kg 65kg
Hope1 - 98kg

Ok ladies, I have attempted to create a small list, to the left is starting weight, then goal in the middle which you can change as you reach your goals and then put a new one and finally your weight after any losses. Feel free to add or change anything
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 7:54pm
Fantastic - thanks! Just had a virtual break down over an uncooked base on my handstretched pizza ..... crazy! A whole lot of little things getting on top of me today, but haven't resorted to pigging out - yet!!!

Great to see our little team - let's keep watching those kg's dropping off! Monday weigh-in's sound good
anna123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 6:53pm
Hey there... thanks for this thread. Am so excited to have found it! I am TTC #1 and need to get down to about 85kgs to get on the waiting list so would love the support of others who are have the same common goal!! I'm going to start right now! Do I just copy and past the list and add myself on?? Well... I will give it a go! Looking forward to chatting!

Tischler - 94.7kg 90kg
anglemouse - 80kg 65kg
Hope1 - 98kg
Anna123 - 95.8
anna123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 6:57pm
Opps and I still did it wrong! haha

Tischler - 94.7kg 90kg
anglemouse - 80kg 65kg
Hope1 - 98kg
Anna123 - 95.8kg 85kg

Hope thats right!
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 7:39pm
Welcome Anna123 - great to have you on board!

I'm thinking I should really re-do my goal weight to put 85kg (was my 2nd goal) as it's far more realistic to aim towards, and then a lot of us are needing to lose a really similar amount which is great. So after weigh in tomorrow, I'll change the list - or whoever does it next if you can it'd be great!

I've been really organised tonight and have planned out my breakfast (which I end up having when I get to work instead of having 5 mins to wolf it down in the morning) and my lunch for tomorrow - so that'll stop me picking .... feeling reasonably on-track!

Hope everyone else did well over the weekend!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 7:48pm
Hey girls

Welcome anna123 to our little group. I am at the moment in the middle of our first ivf cycle with FAH so fingers crossed the weightloss will help me carry a pregnancy if we are successful.

Weigh in tomorrow morning yay, love Monday weigh ins lol

Will update the list shortly, tischler glad you are having a better day today, and sounds like a great plan for tomorrow. I had a lovely omelette for dinner, was yum!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 7:52pm

Tischler - 94.7kg 85kg
anglemouse - 80kg 65kg
Hope1 - 98kg
Anna123 - 95.8kg 85kg

anna123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 8:54pm
Well.. step one of my 'healthy eating' is to prepare meals!!! Thats my problem... fast food just because it is fast! Whereas if I have got it in the fridge to heat up... I'm fine. So have just made tuna pasta with a tomato sauce and 1T (thats tablespoon not tub haha) of cream cheese stirred through! haha Just had to have that lil bit for a teeny tiny bit of creaminess. And it will do a couple of lunches! Started netball this arvo.... sooooo unfit! Feel sorry for my team so a bit of incentive to excercise!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>