FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCar seats - extended rear facing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 33>
Author
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 7:42am
I have the flora (I think - the green floral one) and the ventura. DD eats on the way home from daycare most days and the flora cleans up really nicely, with just a spot clean. Not sure that the ventura will do the same but its for the new bub so when DD rides in it I try not to give her anything messy and so far so good!
Sponsored Links

ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 4:49pm
Thanks for the links :) I think we might go and see if we can try a couple in our car. Both me and DH are nearly sold on the Radian... its just a bit more than what we were hoping to spend!

NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 10:36pm
the radians are well worth the money.

put it this way my daughter is 3 years 8 months and approx 18.6kgs and still Rearfacing in one she is approx 104cm.

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 8:30am
NM its so cool to see an 'older' child rearfacing!! Do you know when you think she will outgrow RFing?

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 9:04am
hopefully not before she is 4, so alittle under 4 months I am pretty confident she will make it to then she just had a massive growth spurt so that should be it for a little while

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 6:16pm
NM that's awesome your DD is still RFing mine is too but she's over a year younger than yours, and I think we'll have to turn her around once DS outgrows his capsule as DH won't be able to drive if the drivers seat is as far forward as the passenger seat is if we have two RFing carseats!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 6:38pm
Can you fit one in the middle and one on the side rachelsea?

That is awesome that your daughter is still RFing Novembermum. My nephew will be 5 in December and he is still rearfacing. My SIL turned him back around at 3 yo after I explained to here why were keeping DS rearfacing as long as humanly possible.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 7:06pm
Thanks I actually did turn her back just recently but did not feel comfy having her FF...so after some adjusting I managed to get both seats (driver and passenger) back far enough for my 6'2 husband to sit in comfortably.

I have decided now I will RF her till she either outgrows it in height or weight (might as well make the most of it)

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 10:18am
For anyone wanting a Radian.

$385

Here's a link to more info about it. Link

Edited by _Deb_
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 12:47pm
Deb, is that legit?! Thats an amazing price!!!

+1 May 09 Angel
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 1:02pm
Yep it's definitely all legit.
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 1:05pm
Ok, well this is from the woman that organised it.

"right, the supplier is cutting the deal this Friday, and now has limited stock, so I'm not going to add any more people to the group until I hear back from the other supplier who was willing to match the price, and see what she says :)"
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 1:22pm
oh poos!! oh well hopefully hubby will fly united airlines home and bring one home for me for $200us anyway..

+1 May 09 Angel
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 1:27pm
She said that once she hears back from the other suppliers if they're going to do a deal too then she'll start adding people to the group again.
Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 2:19pm
Well, I just ordered one. (As well as a lot of other stuff we didn't need ). Wasn't going to order one until Willem was closer to 1, as our capsule is one that goes until around 13kg, but don't think I will get a better deal than that one.

Had to settle for the Eclipse. First choice was Ventura and second choice was the Flora. Both sold out at that price though (and think that would have been the case even if I had waited to see if there were any with the other suppliers she talked about). Oh well - it's not like we are buying the Radian for the colour....

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 5:49pm
How did you get the seat so upright, Novembermum? Not that i want to sit Max up just yet but mine is far more reclined. Does the back of the seat adjust somehow?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 6:50pm
I put lots of pressure on the foot on the seat and just pushed down and pulled the seatbelt through. oh and pulling the seat out from the bight seems to help mine doesnt slip backthrough as my seas have a bit of rise where the bight is (hope that makes sense)
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by NovemberMum NovemberMum wrote:

Thanks I actually did turn her back just recently but did not feel comfy having her FF...so after some adjusting I managed to get both seats (driver and passenger) back far enough for my 6'2 husband to sit in comfortably.

I have decided now I will RF her till she either outgrows it in height or weight (might as well make the most of it)

My DH is 6'2 as well. We may be able to get it to work afterall with two RFing Radians if DD's one can go more upright and wow $385 is an awesome deal!!
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 9:39am
Has anyone had any luck installing a radian in a Hyundai Accent (year 2000 model)??

I have just got a new car. Was going to be getting a much bigger car but this car got all the ticks. We're putting a radian on lay by this week but a bit worried it may not fit? I don't know! DP is a big guy so won't be driving the car as he can't drive a manual anyway but he's 6'2 so needs the seat back all the way and he's also quite 'heavy' so even then it's a bit tightish...

Ideally I'd love the seat in the middle but I have to get a tether bolt installed (or does it not require a tether?) but will have to settle for the sides probably...

Otherwise I guess DP can just sit in the back (which he has been known to do as I sit with the seat as far forward as it goes (haha).

Thanks in advance for advice!
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:25pm
High9- You can google Radian installs to see what cars they fit in. They pretty much fit in most cars.

You do not need a tether bolt as it comes with a strap to tether it to the front seat rail (the bit the seat slides back and forward on). I have my seat installed in the middle with the strap going down and around the passenger side rail no worries.

I would just make your DP sit in the back My front seat is the same depth back as my drivers seat and im a shorty so most people prefer to sit in the back with DD.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 33>