FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAntony, my son

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:38pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Antony's story xxx
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
Sponsored Links

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:35pm
I think sharing Antonys story with all of you has helped me feel that yes it really did happen, and it's made it easier on my head because I dont have to panic about remembering everything. It's all there on paper (kind of)

I'm taking each day as it comes and not worrying too much if I feel like being an ostrich for the day and burying my head under the pillows. My insomnia is back though.

The days are getting easier to handle and I'm not crying all the time. I still feel empty, but I cant let that emptiness consume me.

I had some very good advice from a family friend who lost her son. When you lose a child there becomes a hole in your life and for a while all you can see is the hole, all you can feel is the hole and it seems your whole life IS the hole. Slowly you learn to ease yourself out of the hole and back into the world around you. It takes a while and the hole never fills in, but you learn to build your life and live your life around that hole.
It's always there and you'll never forget it but you learn to live with it, not in it.
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Blondes_Away View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondes_Away Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 4:45am
So sorry to read your story.

Wishing you all the best to get through this terrible time.

DS1 January 2011
August 2012

Smiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:15pm
I only just read this post last night and I've read a lot of heart-wrenching posts on OB, but this was the first that made me cry

I can't even begin to say how sad and sorry I feel for your loss. I thank you for sharing your story. I lost a baby at 13 weeks but was nothing compared to what you must of had to endure emotionally and physically at 21 weeks.

I hope time is starting to heal the pain, although I know it will never truely go away. I think you're so strong for having gone through this and come out the other end being able to share your story and keep on going.

My thoughts are with you.

x
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 6:21am
Time does help heal the pain. I can think of Antony now and not start bawling my eyes out.

I can read the story I wrote without wanting to curl into a little ball.

I keep on going out of sheer stubborness I think.

Princess_Bubs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Bubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 2:08pm
My heart goes out to you and to your Precious Anthony. I am so sorry you went through this, and I hope that you continue to heal as the days pass.

I can tell from your posts that you are an incredibly strong woman and I wish you all the best for TTC next month.

I like the analogy about life and the feeling of it being a giant hole. Sometimes it feels like a never ending black hole, but you're right, We can learn to build around the hole again.

I look forward to seeing you a in due thread

Two Precious Angel Babies 2010 / 2011
Jace1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jace1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 8:19pm
reading you heartfelt story gave me the courage to write about the loss of my son. I thank you for that because for some reason I feel like a small part of the weight has finally been lifted. Isnt it odd that sharing with strangers can sometimes be easier than talking to friends about it.

I was wondering if you still get insomnia? My husband and I both seem to have it constantly since Jaydens death.

Keep strong
Jace
TansNiss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TansNiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 4:44pm
Thank you so much for sharing your story. It was beautiful yet heartbreaking and I really feel for you, having lost our wee man at 16 days. Take care
Juzzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juzzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 10:01pm
My heart goes out to you and your family. What a difficult time you have been through, thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2010 at 9:42pm
Am crying for you, lots of hugs. It does leave you empty but it does get a little easier each day, keep thinking of Antony and keep talking about him - he will always be a special part of you. Hopefully you will be preg with a little brother or sister soon, when the time is right. Also not easy but you just have to keep telling yourself it is a different pregnancy and Antony will be watching over you with your grandfather
Sending lots of hugs and thoughts your way

Our con-joined boys 20 wk
TansNiss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TansNiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2010 at 10:09pm
Jessica - I love the graphic you have on your posts. What software do you use to create these?
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2010 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Jace1 Jace1 wrote:

reading you heartfelt story gave me the courage to write about the loss of my son. I thank you for that because for some reason I feel like a small part of the weight has finally been lifted. Isnt it odd that sharing with strangers can sometimes be easier than talking to friends about it.

I was wondering if you still get insomnia? My husband and I both seem to have it constantly since Jaydens death.

Keep strong
Jace

Wow, I was not expecting to see new messages in here.

Somehow sharing with strangers IS easier.

Yes, I do still get insomnia. Some nights I dont get to sleep until about 5am. I'm quite glad that I dont have to get up in the mornings to go to work.
I've tried all sorts to get myself to sleep and nothing seems to work for me. Meditation, natural sleep aids, sleep teas, sleeping pills. I'm naturally a night owl which doesnt help.

Sharing my story helped me immensely. It hasnt quite been 3 months since we lost Antony, and we are hoping to try for another baby very soon.

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 10:56pm
You brave brave lady. Thank you so much for sharing this heartwrenching story with us. I have a lump in my throat and tears streaming down my face as I write this. I am just so glad that you were able to spend time with your dear wee boy before he passed. I hope you are doing OK considering the circumstances. Huge hugs to you and your family, and I'm so, so sorry for your loss I can't even begin to imagine what you are going thru xxx take care
WeeOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 2:20pm
My heart goes out to you.

I too lost my son, at 30 weeks. My waters broke at 27 and I tried desperately to hold on as long as possible for him. Sadly when he decided it was time to arrive, his little heart couldn't take it. It's been just over 2 years and I can tell you that time is a great healer. You never forget, but it does get easier. Life isn't always how we plan, but you sound like a strong person and I'm certain you will come through the other side.

Hopefully when the time is right you will able to try again.

Chin up - keep smiling
CarrieMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 10:46am
I am so very sorry for your loss. I cried reading about your beautiful boy. Life just isn't fair and Im so sorry that he couldn't stay.
Take care of yourself and all the best for the future.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 8:55pm
that story has really touched me. Thank you for sharing it!

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 10:52am
Like many others I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face and a huge lump in my throat, what a heart wrenching time you had to go through , Thank you so much for sharing.

Congrats on your pregnancy

Angel March 2011
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 4:31pm
I dont know if anyone is going to read this but I thought I'd share it here anyway.
I have been notified that I am to expect a letter of apology from the doctor who made the hurtful comment towards me.
I laid a complaint with the Health and Disability Commissioner over several things which I wasnt happy with concerning my care during such a difficult time and I recieved the official reply today. My head is spinning because it's so much for me to take in.
I'm glad that's over but I'm also happy that I did stand up and say I wasnt happy with the care I recieved.

Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 4:39pm
I'm so pleased that you recieved a letter of apology and that you stood up for yourself

Also I just want to say congrats on your pregnancy and wishing you a very happy and healthy 9months ahead

lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 5:32pm
Thanks Limochick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>