FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYouTube help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YouTube help?
    Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:21am
So, I just mentioned in the vent thread that I have just lost from my computer all my photos from the last 6 months, and all my videos since JJ was born.

Gutted doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

One small mercy that will help keep me slightly sane is that we had loaded a few videos to You Tube.

Does anyone know if it is possible to save the videos that had been uploaded to You Tube to your computer again?

Sponsored Links

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:47am
Have you got firefox Laurie?? cos you can download them from youtube to your computer using firefox.
If you have, I'll get DH to type out how to use it.

That totally sucks hun Are you sure you they are gone totally??

KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:51am
Yes, I use Firefox. I had a look but couldn't see how. If your DH could type me some instructions that would be great.

I am not 100% sure. I have some hope that perhaps they can be recovered. My comp is going to a very competent tech friend today and hopefully he can find some. Even if we could find half of them I would be a lot happier.

It honestly is my worst nightmare and I am kicking myself for not backing up more regularly, hitting that stupid OK button without thinking. Got all the what ifs going through my head. But can't change it now, just have to hope and pray for the best.
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:54am
This
links to a free tool which you can use to download from you tube.
Good luck, I hope you can recover them, what a horrible thing to have happen

Edited by kellie

skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:38pm
I know its a bit late now but there are some really good free online backup solutions around. Most free ones give you something like 2GB free space which is enough room too keep your most precious photos and videos safe. Have a look at https://mozy.com/home
nannyabbey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannyabbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 10:02pm
do you have realplayer?
realplayer will usually ask you if you want to 'download this clip'. changing that to a dvd, i'm not hot on but will ask hubby cause he usually does that sort of stuff for me!
KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:59pm
Thanks guys for the help.

Haven't tried it yet.... am still hoping and praying the files can be recovered.

Still very much hurting about it.
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:07pm
Oh no I hope you manage to recover something!

I dont have any videos to loose... although that means I have no videos when I really wish I did. I just never bother taking any and before I realise it they are all grown up.

Herry267879 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herry267879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2021 at 5:41pm
I have been interested in you for a long time and I want to create my own channel! for this I need a technique (camera, light, tripod), and also in order to have the initial activity, I want to get youtube views! I will be glad to any advice from a person who develops in this area.
 Post Reply Post Reply