FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVBAC roll call? (for ease of lurking LOL)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 10:35pm
Great thread
Ive just had my first c section, and am looking for any tips I can get my hands on to have a successful VBAC next time.
I havnt read the original links yet, but Ive bookmarked them for when I have a free minute or two.
Ive requested my delivery notes and will be going over them with my MW. The OB person said there should be no reason why I shouldnt have a successful VBAC next time, and from what it looks like it was cos Lilla was so big (4.570kgs) and was OP.
Awesome that your appointment went so well Weegee! Thats fantastic!

+1 May 09 Angel
Sponsored Links

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 3:53pm
Good appt weegee!!!!!

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:28pm
Yay for good news Weegee
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 9:41pm
Not reeeeeallly on topic, but how did you ladies get a copy fo your medical notes relating to your birth? I really would like to read mine, as there was some conflict with the on-call registrar who made calls re. c-section (or not, in my case) without even coming to the hospital to examine me, against the MW's advice.

I will be going for a VBAC next time as well, all going well.
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 11:36pm
Kate you will probably need to write a letter requesting your notes through the Privacy/Legal department of the Hospital you gave birth at. If you need an example letter I can PM you what I sent (its pretty basic though).
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:11am
I just went to the hospital records dept with ID and requested them, they had a form which I filled in and they arrived in my letterbox about 6 weeks later.

Mine has conflicting info all through though.. it was shocking. Reasons for induction, reasons for section, position of baby at birth.. all varied depending on who's notes they were. Shocking!!!!

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 3:51pm
Just read a blog post via The Peaceful Birth Project on Facebook and it really resonated with me, so thought I'd share it in here - really recommended reading esp for anyone who had a traumatic first birth. (Would have just shared it on FB but I'm a little wary of posting too much birth and breastfeeding stuff on there.)

There is a secret in our culture, but it is NOT that a woman is strong...

There is a current trend in online social networking sites that cater to birthing women to broadcast empowering quotes about birth. Many of these quotes are wonderful reminders of the power and strength of women’s bodies and minds. Many quotes are testimonies to the transformative power of birth. But a few of them are easily misinterpreted, and can – when taken out of context – increase the misunderstanding and confusion that surround traumatic birth. Some quotes, if misread, serve to place birth as a competitive act, pitting women against each other. Others appear to point the finger at the woman herself as being to blame for a less-than-great birth, even though that interpretation is unlikely intended by either the author, or those who post the quote online. We are concerned about the impact of these quotes on women recovering from a traumatic birth, and also on women in general, as they perpetuate myths that potentially prevent women from supporting each other in the early mothering phase.

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:33pm
Oh... I couldnt finish it because I started to cry...

Might wait until the morning when I am not so tired!

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 9:58pm
Mel!

neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2010 at 4:19pm
I had my second VBA2C 6 weeks ago and have posted my birth story online
Kalinas birth story

My first was an unplanned hospital VBA2C (was meant to be a homebirth or birth center birth)
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
fadeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2010 at 4:54pm
Congrats Natalie i read your birth story on TNN and it was beautiful, well done on a lovely birth and Welcome Kalina!
DD 9 ~ DD 8 ~ DS 7 ~ DS 5 ~ DS 2 ~ DS 14mths ~ DD 3mths
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 11:07am
welcome to little Kalina! What a lovely birth story!

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 2:40pm
Just a quick update from me at 30 + 4, we saw midwife this morning and baby is head-down and engaged.

We do the birth plan with the midwife next week and DH and I are already talking about where to put the birth pool and all that.

Midwife said to start perineal massage this week. And then EPO vaginally, 5W and Raspberry leaf tea from 34/35 weeks.

I got quite tense and tearful discussing even the possibility of going into a hospital. I have a phobia of nurses after a bad experience years ago - and with my c-section I was told that if I didnt calm down they would have to put me under GA so its clearly not something I hide well. I dont know how to get it under control

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 3:34pm
wow T, can't believe your 30w already!
Sorry I can't help, but want to wish you all the best, and I can't wait to hear about your successful vbac
Maybe some relaxation techniques might help? Then when you start to get tense you can let it go. Hmm I don't know, but maybe it would help?

+1 May 09 Angel
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 4:51pm
Wow, engaged at 30+4, this baby sounds like it's in a bit of a hurry!

I definitely think some relaxation techniques could help or maybe even a counselling or hypnotherapy type session? It sounds like it also might be worth contacting TABS, or some of the people listed through their page (linky).

I have a copy of the HypnoBirthing book if you want to borrow it? I'm kinda using it myself TBH but if you wanted it for a week or two (even that would be useful IMO) I'm happy to drop it off to you, esp if it's this week given I work in Albany and this is my last week of work, just PM me

neivaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neivaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 4:57pm
I am happy to chat things through with you if you like... I am on facebook and msn, or we could meet up in person if thats better for you?
Natalie Mama to Miss Pie (04/04) Dude (03/07) Button (06/08) and Thumper (Due Autumn2010)
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 7:21pm
weegee, is your book any good? whats it called?? Im on the hunt for a good book.
Oh and that video link you posted, the business of birth one, omg amazing. I bawled my eyes out pretty much the whole way through. The moments that really got me was when the mum looked so happy when she had bubs on her for the first time, a far throw from my first moments of Lilla on me feeling like I was about to throw up!

+1 May 09 Angel
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by weegee weegee wrote:

Wow, engaged at 30+4, this baby sounds like it's in a bit of a hurry!

I definitely think some relaxation techniques could help or maybe even a counselling or hypnotherapy type session? It sounds like it also might be worth contacting TABS, or some of the people listed through their page (linky).

I have a copy of the HypnoBirthing book if you want to borrow it? I'm kinda using it myself TBH but if you wanted it for a week or two (even that would be useful IMO) I'm happy to drop it off to you, esp if it's this week given I work in Albany and this is my last week of work, just PM me

Pfft... with my luck he'll decide to stay right where he is until forcibly evicted

I have a copy of calm birth that I am going to read through. I think you'll need your hypnobirthing stuff because you're also due soon!

What is TABS? I'll go look at the link

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:30pm
LOL, people keep saying I'm due soon, I wish they'd stop reminding me, I'm so not organised! I'm actually really looking forward to labour and birth this time and of course want to meet bubba, but I still need to do things like pack my bags

You're probably right, I should hang on to the HypnoBirthing book (Emmi, it's this one - you can get a lot of the same information by googling "Fear Tension Pain Syndrome"). I got it when I tried a HypnoBirthing course with JJ (well, we made it to one session but didn't click with the therapist and found it all a bit new agey so quit - in hindsight CalmBirth would have been way better for us).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2010 at 9:37pm
Oh T.. I have been hearing some horror birth stories coming out of SA lately!

I am starting to panic about pain, thinking CalmBirth may be needed after all... I keep remembering how much it hurt and how scared I was.

I know that fear increases adrenalin which stops endorphin production, which increases pain levels and can slow progress... all that knowledge does is scare me more!!!!!

I dont want to be the reason my vbac fails!

At least I am having this freak out with 15 weeks to go, plenty of time to sort myself out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>